Long time no speak

google.com/url?sa=t&source= … IVAuhtTe77

Will the two of you just let it go .

jonnytruckfest:

jakethesnake:

m.a.n rules:
no where near 35000 l , he’s only running at 40t…

Ah ok, it was just a guess! Come on Jonny, what is it? :wink:

32,000 litres to fill it right up, due to axle weights 26,000 litres is what we can fill it legally. Which if we have 4403 which takes 28,000 from empty can be a bit annoying :cry: :laughing:

m.a.n rules:
ffs jonny you aint been on here for years now look at the [zb] you’ve started already… :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

Didn’t think it would be long before I did :laughing:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

Is that the rail yard in hitchin it used to be really tight to turn in :smiley:

I used to go to the tonbridge sidings a fair bit lifting the de icing kit on and off the front of the locos ,I even moved one once .

beefy4605:
Will the two of you just let it go .

They have now because we’ve split the topic!! :smiley: :grimacing: :wink:

If you find that your post has ‘disappeared’ from this topic, then it’s here:

Re: The Fuel Vs Water in a tanker debate - THE UK PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS FORUM (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

eurotrans:

jonnytruckfest:

jakethesnake:

m.a.n rules:
no where near 35000 l , he’s only running at 40t…

Ah ok, it was just a guess! Come on Jonny, what is it? :wink:

32,000 litres to fill it right up, due to axle weights 26,000 litres is what we can fill it legally. Which if we have 4403 which takes 28,000 from empty can be a bit annoying :cry: :laughing:

m.a.n rules:
ffs jonny you aint been on here for years now look at the [zb] you’ve started already… :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

Didn’t think it would be long before I did :laughing:

Cheers

Is that the rail yard in hitchin it used to be really tight to turn in :smiley:

It is mate, Glad we have small tankers as I wouldn’t want to maneuver in there with a full length tanker :laughing:

It’s not as bad as the sidings we go at Crewe not the sidings itself but the bridge we have to come back out of which if you aren’t paying attention can be a nightmare.

There’s a big scrape down the side of my tank from the previous driver due to the bridge at Crewe. We just about get under it hence how we have FM globetrotters and not FHs :cry:

Cheers

JFC999:
Hi johnny, welcome back , just humour me for a moment will you.
What exactly is rail grinding ? Purpose of, reason for please.
No smutty innuendo please chaps, this is a family show.
Thanks
Jim

From what I gather as I’ve not been doing the job that long but I think they grind away any imperfections from the tracks our jobs to provide the water they spray on the tracks to prevent any fires. Though when I do my next job tomorrow I’ll ask get the definitive answer

Cheers

jonnytruckfest:

JFC999:
Thanks
Jim

From what I gather as I’ve not been doing the job that long but I think they grind away any imperfections from the tracks our jobs to provide the water they spray on the tracks to prevent any fires. Though when I do my next job tomorrow I’ll ask get the definitive answer

Cheers

Basically that, also to restore the profile to worn tracks to extend its life span. They are noisy dirty buggers though lol, luckily we don’t work near them very often, usually have to stand down as they pass if they are near us.

Did you have to do your PTS for that job? Just wondering as looking at where to head next, the overheads were on their arse before Covid and can only see it getting worse for us as they’ll be no money to invest for a long time.

Henrys cat:

jonnytruckfest:

JFC999:
Thanks
Jim

Cheers

Basically that, also to restore the profile to worn tracks to extend its life span. They are noisy dirty buggers though lol, luckily we don’t work near them very often, usually have to stand down as they pass if they are near us.

Did you have to do your PTS for that job? Just wondering as looking at where to head next, the overheads were on their arse before Covid and can only see it getting worse for us as they’ll be no money to invest for a long time.

Yes mate we get put through our PTS so we can go onto any site without complications though I could tell you how many people I’ve shown my card to on one hand since I passed it :laughing: though that was the hardest part of the job for me as it’s not a hard course to pass but it’s an easy one to fail if you haven’t studied properly for it

Cheers

Johnny welcome back buddy, did you ever come across a lad called Paul Dickinson on Baystons, he was on the railway water job for a while, he seems to do a bit of agency stuff now after selling his own motors.

I remember your 1st post you have come a long way since then

Welcome back stranger

Wheel Nut:
Johnny welcome back buddy, did you ever come across a lad called Paul Dickinson on Baystons, he was on the railway water job for a while, he seems to do a bit of agency stuff now after selling his own motors.

I haven’t mate no, I’ve been here about 8 months now will ask one of the other lads if they have heard of him.

animal:
I remember your 1st post you have come a long way since then

Welcome back stranger

Thank you :smiley: definitely a change from curtains, though I think I’ve jinxed it for writing a diary this week as I’ve done nothing pretty much. Stood down in Brockenhurst Monday, Come to Tonbridge yesterday for this morning, Filled the train here this morning and that’s me done for the day :laughing:

Hopefully next week for me going home will be a bit more interesting :laughing:

Cheers