Long Distance Van Work

And so csi trucknet have decided to join in, i not once said i was a perfect driver, but im confident in my ability to say I’m a good driver…yes I’m still learning…any driver with a brain knows everyday is a learning curve. But if the likes of you contraflow believe its me being cocky you believe that…one thing though, ive always been taught my license is a privilege not a right…and i stand by that 110%

I’m not good at many things, but driving is something I know i do well considering my lack of experience

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

jonnytruckfest:
And so csi trucknet have decided to join in, i not once said i was a perfect driver, but im confident in my ability to say I’m a good driver…yes I’m still learning…any driver with a brain knows everyday is a learning curve. But if the likes of you contraflow believe its me being cocky you believe that…one thing though, ive always been taught my license is a privilege not a right…and i stand by that 110%

I’m not good at many things, but driving is something I know i do well considering my lack of experience

Cheers

You will only KNOW if you are driving well etc when another with the right credentials says you are otherwise you only THINK you are driving well

If you consider the advanced driving organisations a good judge of others driving then contact your local group and take one of their tutors/observers out with you in your car for a FREE assessment

Well I’ve not ■■■■■■ anyone off on the roads and I havent had an accident on the distance Ive traveled. My examiner in my test told me it was one of the best drives he’s been on in a long time. I’ll keep telling myself I’m doing okay though, will look forward to see what comments will be made on my assessment drive in the next month or so. See if they tell me I’m crap :wink:

Cheers

jonnytruckfest:

Cheers

CSI Trucknet haven’t joined in :unamused:
They are just stating facts - you’ve not had your car licence long (your signature says last month) and in that month you already think youre a good driver :unamused: , you’ll struggle to find a job due to your age etc
And yes you are being a tad cocky imho…
So you’ve stated that you’ve not ■■■■■■ anybody off on the roads - how do you know this, not everybody gets road ragey and some people just sit there and think what a ■■■■, just like I am sitting here about you :wink:
So you’ve not had an accident in the short space of time you’ve been driving whoopy doo.
So you think that youre a good driver in a car (and its probably a pimped 0.5 litre Corsa) buts its a whole different ball game in a van…

jonnytruckfest:
Well I’ve not ■■■■■■ anyone off on the roads and I havent had an accident on the distance Ive traveled. My examiner in my test told me it was one of the best drives he’s been on in a long time. I’ll keep telling myself I’m doing okay though, will look forward to see what comments will be made on my assessment drive in the next month or so. See if they tell me I’m crap :wink:

Cheers

The driving style for the DSA car test is different from other styles of driving

How many drivers of any age do you actually know or see driving to the DSA style ? - I see learners but no others who have adopted the full DSA style as their own style of driving

If the person assesing you has good credentials then that will be a good opportunity for some feedback but do not just let them tell you - ask the assessor what you could do to improve

ROG:

jonnytruckfest:

Cheers

The driving style for the DSA car test is different from other styles of driving

How many drivers of any age do you actually know or see driving to the DSA style ? - I see learners but no others who have adopted the full DSA style as their own style of driving

If the person assesing you has good credentials then that will be a good opportunity for some feedback but do not just let them tell you - ask the assessor what you could do to improve

I did ask what I could improve, As I said I know I’m not perfect but considering my lack of experience I’d like to say I’m doing a good job. Not trying to be cocky about it that’s just my opinion. If anyone else wants to disagree that’s completely their right. Every day is a learning curve and as is probably obvious getting out and about in the car is something I really enjoy.

Also DAF95XF, Yes I’ve had my license near on a month and if you read ‘I’m not good at many things, but driving is something I know i do well considering my lack of experience’ Not saying I’m the best driver, far from it but seeing as i’ve only been on the roads on my own for near on a month and have done the same amount of miles some of my friends do in one year. And yes I’d like to think I was a good driver considering, but not exactly boasting about it.

And as your going on about how you think my car is a pimped out corsa…far from it…I drive this

No power steering, no electric windows and the only air conditioning is the 4 windows that get opened every now and again. And going around corners any more than 30 in this thing is enough to make anyone ■■■■ their pants let alone a new driver in fact the only thing I’ve done to it is put a cd player in it and a couple of air freshners to make it smell sweet. :unamused: Not a brand new car, nothing fancy, gets the job done and best of all I enjoy driving it…although give me any car and I’ll enjoy driving it even if I’m not keen on the car itself.

And regarding the job, in my first post you’ll notice I put it was a long shot anyway but you never know unless you try do you? And as for what you or anyone else thinks of me. I won’t lose any sleep over it so HTH.

Cheers

That car looks a bit like my old fiat chinq

PS - just checking out your reg on the askmid database … :laughing:

That motor is pimped out, look at the dashboard

Not a bad car to drive, can get into most parking spaces and plenty of space for the shopping or in my case cleaning products and other bits and bobs :laughing:

Will do to Scotland and back on one tank though so economical too :grimacing:

Cheers

■■■■ them doubters Jonny , you should be commended for getting on with life and giving things a go , I have 4 nieces and nephews all around your age 2 have kids already and the other 2 don’t shift their arses from the tv/xbox . So well done , is it only distance work you want , alot of the car part firms always want van driver’s albiet they expect you to break the law

What about with a removals/relocation firms they might have van based work, i know alot of the vans you see around this way are Eastern Euros with the sleeper pods on them, but good luck !

Look i think your a guy with his head screwed on.you seem like a grafter who wants to get into the driving buisness,thats great as we need keen young people.i just think and i mean worry about your sense of skill you hold.yes you passed the driving test but it was a month ago.the real skill is learned now.a driving test is just to say you havent done anything dodgyin about 1 hour 20 mins.i truely believe it takes morethan a month to learn this stuff but i wish you all the best.why dont you drive offering to drive for your local charity shop its exp for your cv

Well it is insured

ROG:

ROG:

Hope you aren’t Rog,thats illegal :frowning:

MaggieD:

ROG:

Of course I didn’t - there was a laughy icon

Not so sure about it being illegal …

robthedog:
Well it is insured

ROG:

Been insured since the day I passed my test :wink:

Passed in the morning, out driving by tea time :grimacing: A trip to morrisons for some petrol turned into a trip to doncaster and home :laughing:

Cheers

ROG:

MaggieD:

ROG:

Unless you are checking on your OWN vehicle it is indeed against the law.

The terms of AskMID do state this.

dar1976:

ROG:

MaggieD:

ROG:

Unless you are checking on your OWN vehicle it is indeed against the law.

The terms of AskMID do state this.

Hi dar1976

Thanks for confirming that
Johnytruclfest where are you based ?
Regards
Richard

West Yorkshire mate, Wakefield area, don’t mind travelling for the right job though :slight_smile: within reason!

Cheers

Most insurance for van work is min 25. And 2 years experience. Or that’s what mine and a good few others say jonny.
And for you there’d be a major heavy premium and I’m talking in the thousands here not hundreds