Long Distance Van Light Hauliers

I have been a member of this page on Faceache for a little while now and while reading some long winded anti British pro Polish tripe I was about to click out of it until I saw a name mentioned …
Haha, the saviour of the British trucking industry, international interpretor, and most learned person since Carryfast … the one and only, the most loved ex (?) member of the Trucknet forums … Please give a warm welcome to ORYS !!!
Shall not be in a hurry to go to that page any more :slight_smile:

No idea what this is about being a newbie. Sounds like it could be fun though. Grabs popcorn :laughing:

Really Raymundo I’m on there and haven’t seen any of the anti British
Stuff on there

Raymundo . would a link not prove helpful to illustrate your point ■■

This is a typical Ory rant, older members on here should remember … -DVLA rant warning! smile emoticon
Yet another DVLA’s festival of incompetence.
I have Polish photocard with British counterpart (there are some reasons why I don’t want to exchange it to British and this combination is perfectly legal, but it’s not really relevant here).
I am recently on a job hunt, so I have to register with some employment agencies. I have also registered with couple driver agencies to get my by for now.
So within last two weeks I had three licence checks. Since my licence does not comes up online, they have to call. And if they call, they say that they won’t be given this information until I call DVLA and allow them to do so. When I call DVLA to authorise them to give that information, I am told that there is no record for me, so they have nowhere to store the fact of my authorisation.
So the only way to check my license is for agency to call in my presence. So we did.
There were three results so far:

1. On a first call, I was told that not only my GB driver is invalid, but it has never existed. They said that “number that ends with three letters is impossible”. Interesting, because I have this number for last 10 years, I got it on my last counterpart and on my letter from DVLA confirming registration of my driving license (Three letters at it’s end, CLH, stand for “Community License Holder”). They said that they have no record at all on me, but assured agency that this means that I have no points, so I am ok to drive.
  2. On a second call, my number magically reappeared in their database, and I was told that I have 6 points on my license, last of which I gained last year (last ticked I paid was in 2011).
  3. Today they did not wanted my GB driver number, but asked me for my personal data instead, and according to them I have 3 points, that I got in July 2012 - so they are no longer valid (incidentally, I was moving home last year, so my last counterpart is from April 2015 and there are no points on it). But then they were unable to confirm that I hold category C on my license. I asked what about my provisional D entitlement and theory tests I passed in Britain when I was thinking about doing bus license here - they also have no records of that. I enquired more, lady was very confused, she put me on hold to speak with my manager. At 55p per min of this call, I gave up after a quarter of an hour…
    And I thought they hit the bottom when I was changing address on my tacho card, and they spelled Glasgow incorrectly twice in the row…
    That’s only the start, he goes on … and on …and on :slight_smile:

Not seeing why he’s so infamous from that.

Orys was a good member on here better that some of the new ones we got.

Disappointing. After reading the title, I thought it was about class 2 drivers bragging about driving more than 100 miles.

I miss Orys too. Could we start a petition to get him to come back.?

Been talking to him on the other site, he aint changed any and still prepared to argue the hind legs off a donkey :slight_smile: and he is still never wrong !!

raymundo:
Been talking to him on the other site, he aint changed any and still prepared to argue the hind legs off a donkey :slight_smile: and he is still never wrong !!

Wonder what would happen if Carryfast and this guy went toe to toe.

IT WOULD GO 1 WAY OR THE OTHER… :unamused:

NUKED.png

inception_sleepy.jpg

Good old Orys. Wasn’t he Carryfast’s Polish second cousin or something? Why did he leave us in the end? I don’t remember any big public attention seeking statement like some do when they’re unhappy. He seemed to be here one minute and gone the next.

Yes, I really miss all thise enthralling long distance van (LDV :laughing: ) essays about another urgent cross Europe run with a printer cartridge, then sleeping in a suitcase (sorry roof pod) of an Iveco van.

Good old Tomasz… :unamused:

alamcculloch:
I miss Orys too. Could we start a petition to get him to come back.?

+1 Bring back Orys. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Radar19:
Wonder what would happen if Carryfast and this guy went toe to toe.

There’ll be some old examples on here.The one where orys was moaning about why didn’t we kick off WW3 in 1945 to rescue Poland from the Russkies was good. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Carryfast:
There’ll be some old examples on here.The one where orys was moaning about why didn’t we kick off WW3 in 1945 to rescue Poland from the Russkies was good. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Oh God, I hope he’s not reading this or it will be WWIII.

Lol, I knew it! I simply knew that he won’t be able to refrain from backbiting me behind my back. I had a good idea to come and check good old trucknet for that :slight_smile: When I recognized who you might be, I instantly knew that you are so low life that you could do just that.

But tell me: why don’t you post the whole discussion here? Let the others have fun as well. I personally think it was utterly hilarious. There is a link if someone has too much time on his hands: facebook.com/groups/speedco … 945905519/

And if you just look for TL;DR version: I was irritated and moaned about something that we all know is true: DVLA is rubbish. And then I had about 15 guys jumping at me and spending half of their weekend trying to prove that because I decided not to exchange my licence, I am breaking the law, and if I not, I am surely doing that for suspicious reasons, and even if not, it’s still beyond comprehension how someone might not WANT TO HAVE A BRITISH LICENSE!!!1111one. And me not having British license was not even relevant to the matter in question :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
I really enjoyed all of them making fools of themselves and proving that they don’t have any idea about this field of the law (because, dear Raymundo, this time I am definitely right, as you can easily check yourself by following this link: gov.uk/driving-nongb-licence ). So, since I was working from home, doing some translations (yes, I am really doing that as well) and needed to get a break from time to time, I kept to pull their fingers. I was patiently explaining to them how British law works, what are the legal requirements for EU license holders to drive here on his or hers licence without breaking the law. I even had a patience to break down in details how I came to a decission of not exchanging my license into British. Even when legalities back in my home country were questioned, I kept explaining how Polish law works. It was only driving them further, because they did not needed any explanation or did not wanted to learn anything. They just wanted to bring me down this way or another. As I am foreigner, yet I dared to be unhappy with the service I received from the British institution.
I enjoyed it for a while, I felt like in the old good times on trucknet. But then, after all the accusations failed and you they desperate enough to move to personal attacks and calling me names, I recalled why I decided to leave it. So don’t worry guys (or do worry, if you genuinely missed me), I am not coming back for good.

So what is the real bottom line of this whole story? The simple fact that some Britons simply can’t face the truth. They simply can’t stand if someone from abroad says, that something in Britain is not perfect and the best of the world. Even if they were standing together and moaning about how terrible weather was during last couple of days and then a foreigner came and said “It’s raining”, they would instantly drop everything and chase him with pitchforks shouting “If ye don’t like British weather, ya ■■■■■■■■ away back home ta yer awn country!!!” :smiley:

EDIT: Btw: simple search on my nickname shows, that this is not the first time, Raymundo, that you are bringing up my name since I am gone from here. I would never expect YOU to still keep thinking about me. I am flattered. It’s really cute of you… :slight_smile:

orys:
Let the others have fun as well.

Oooooooo is there going to be fun? :smiley:

orys:
I personally think it was utterly hilarious. There is a link if someone has too much time on his hands: facebook.com/groups/speedco … 945905519/

And if you just look for TL;DR version: I was irritated and moaned about something that we all know is true: DVLA is rubbish. And then I had about 15 guys jumping at me and spending half of their weekend trying to prove that because I decided not to exchange my licence, I am breaking the law, and if I not, I am surely doing that for suspicious reasons, and even if not, it’s still beyond comprehension how someone might not WANT TO HAVE A BRITISH LICENSE!!!1111one. And me not having British license was not even relevant to the matter in question :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
I really enjoyed all of them making fools of themselves and proving that they don’t have any idea about this field of the law (because, dear Raymundo, this time I am definitely right, as you can easily check yourself by following this link: gov.uk/driving-nongb-licence ). So, since I was working from home, doing some translations (yes, I am really doing that as well) and needed to get a break from time to time, I kept to pull their fingers. I was patiently explaining to them how British law works, what are the legal requirements for EU license holders to drive here on his or hers licence without breaking the law. I even had a patience to break down in details how I came to a decission of not exchanging my license into British. Even when legalities back in my home country were questioned, I kept explaining how Polish law works. It was only driving them further, because they did not needed any explanation or did not wanted to learn anything. They just wanted to bring me down this way or another. As I am foreigner, yet I dared to be unhappy with the service I received from the British institution.
I enjoyed it for a while, I felt like in the old good times on trucknet. But then, after all the accusations failed and you they desperate enough to move to personal attacks and calling me names, I recalled why I decided to leave it. So don’t worry guys (or do worry, if you genuinely missed me), I am not coming back for good.

So what is the real bottom line of this whole story? The simple fact that some Britons simply can’t face the truth. They simply can’t stand if someone from abroad says, that something in Britain is not perfect and the best of the world. Even if they were standing together and moaning about how terrible weather was during last couple of days and then a foreigner came and said “It’s raining”, they would instantly drop everything and chase him with pitchforks shouting “If ye don’t like British weather, ya [zb], away back home ta yer awn country!!!” :smiley:

EDIT: Btw: simple search on my nickname shows, that this is not the first time, Raymundo, that you are bringing up my name since I am gone from here. I would never expect YOU to still keep thinking about me. I am flattered. It’s really cute of you… :slight_smile:

Apparently not. :frowning: