Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Meachers wire.PNG

That looks like one of the many loads of copper wire which Meachers moved from Warrington to Pirelli So’ton

Not sure if all ex Southampton drivers have heard but Gordon Smith ex Mammoths driver passed away a couple of days ago.

badboybumpkin:
Not sure if all ex Southampton drivers have heard but Gordon Smith ex Mammoths driver passed away a couple of days ago.

Sorry to hear that Gordon was a decent chap ran with him a few times, he was an owner driver for a few years, then decided to pack up and I brought his Mercedes 1626 from him, and he went to drive for Mammoth,R.I.P.

Regards
Richard

Some pics of his old Merc and when he drove for Mammoth

In Modane

Coming down the Cenis

Hi all, sad news about Gordon another good man gone. Condolences to his family. RIP Gordon.

Not quite Southampton but A.E.Parker were well known, tidy fleet too so over to Franglais for the history cos he’s good at that, Buzzer

A E Parker, based in Chichester had a family connection with Tom Parker of Fareham.
Now I have no proof of this but most of us in and around Southampton know of Tom Parker’s Dairies. The dairy was on Gosport Road, Fareham until maybe the beginning of the new millenium where it was sold off for redevelopment and morphed into retirement flats or the like.
Tom Parker was a farmer in and around Fareham. His son, Tom…was recently in charge of the farming business and has handed over to his son…Tom (it’s in the name).
They are a member of the Trinity Grain grain store co-operative and I collected there (between Fareham and Wickham) every summer, producing some very good quality grain.
PS All those VOLVO F88’s supplied by Prince’s Commercials Southampton.

gazzer:
A E Parker, based in Chichester had a family connection with Tom Parker of Fareham.
Now I have no proof of this but most of us in and around Southampton know of Tom Parker’s Dairies. The dairy was on Gosport Road, Fareham until maybe the beginning of the new millenium where it was sold off for redevelopment and morphed into retirement flats or the like.
Tom Parker was a farmer in and around Fareham. His son, Tom…was recently in charge of the farming business and has handed over to his son…Tom (it’s in the name).
They are a member of the Trinity Grain grain store co-operative and I collected there (between Fareham and Wickham) every summer, producing some very good quality grain.

Gazzer your & my friend Gerbil knows all about Tom Parker, think he used to be a milkman there before he got a new round on STS doing France :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: JD

Richard, I know you owned the F89 reg EAA 455S and sold it to Ian Rycroft. Do you know how many F89’s he had in total as have this pic of
reg PAA 708P so assume he had at least 2.

L1421.JPG

Jameson Scania 110 parked up outside there yard.

2017-06-07 17.15.39.jpg

Botley Mills Volvo f86.

PaddyTheLorryDriver:
What’s happened to FH Roberts??

Sold up about 2/3 year ago and Riva brought them out , now Riva are trying to run all the stuff they had in Barton park in Roberts yard :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :unamused:

blue estate:

PaddyTheLorryDriver:

Sold up about 2/3 year ago and Riva brought them out , now Riva are trying to run all the stuff they had in Barton park in Roberts yard :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :unamused:

Ah ok. Yea I know Riva as I made a collection there on Thursday, also went to their other yard at chalcroft business park. My uncle worked for Roberts for years. He retired a while back now though. But I don’t see him much so didn’t know about Roberts

PaddyTheLorryDriver:

blue estate:

PaddyTheLorryDriver:

Ah ok. Yea I know Riva as I made a collection there on Thursday, also went to their other yard at chalcroft business park. My uncle worked for Roberts for years. He retired a while back now though. But I don’t see him much so didn’t know about Roberts

RIVA bought Boyes Conning as well when it went pear shaped

Couple more of Parkers, Buzzer

310294843_10221791941371978_6195568228763563603_n.jpg

Buzzer:
Couple more of Parkers, Buzzer

Tidy S & R job there :wink: :smiley:

gazzer:

One of TP’s

Buzzer

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Not anymore it’s long gone

Buzzer