Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

Franglais:

Buzzer:

Franglais:

Buzzer:
Looks like a Reema trailer on the back, Buzzer

Is that Robin Pike?

Yes it is, Buzzer

Ta. T`other Pike was Bob??
Been a long time.

Franglais…Robins brother is John…Rob lives in western France, and John lives in Italy…Rob is not in good health at the moment I believe…

Fergie

Buzzer:
Here we have a shot of the old & weary knights of the road who covered a few klm’s with liquid refreshment to help them on there way at the August bash at the Star in Romsey today, a few still at the wheel but most retired now but all with a smile, thanks for the gratis food hospitality from the management of the Star pub, cheers Buzzer

Looks about right for a group of my old classmates, John, are you not going to put names to faces then? Or has none of them got a legal logsheet between them? :wink: :smiley:

Fergie47:

Franglais:
Ta. T`other Pike was Bob??
Been a long time.

Franglais…Robins brother is John…Rob lives in western France, and John lives in Italy…Rob is not in good health at the moment I believe…

Fergie

Thanks. Sorry to hear that Rob is not well.
Gotta be about the time of that photo I last had contact with them. Late 70s? Guessing mind you. If I remember they were both on Smithers but one or both did a spell on Lambert`s?

Buzzer

Hi all, sorry I missed you yesterday John I did not arrive till 5 just called in on my way back from a few days in Barnstable. There was a lot off diesel fumes in the pub time I arrived a few had left but quite a few old faces that it’s always nice to see. Ended up catching the train home with Horry for company so that was good. But was sorry I missed quite a few. :sunglasses:

Pat Duffy Scania seen here heading in the direction of Ringwood from no doubt Poole docks.

My apologies for not attending, changes in my working situation.
I was trying to remember when this bash was first put into place. 2006? Id have to look through some old photos for dates.

I’ll put some names to faces, from left to right, front row, second row etc:
Wee Jock, Chippy, Clive Cookie,Eddie Huntley, Ennis,Richard Green.
Rich Maidment (hiding), ?,?,?, George, Charlie “1” Jeggo, Jimski, Mister one and only Danny Moss.
Micky Leach, ?, Monty.
Mrs. Leach, Tony Brady, ?, ?.

I’m thinking Scorey P. was unable to attend, Terry said he had suffered a fall recently.
I did inform Steve Matthews but he too is a bit out of sorts at the moment.

I did raise a glass (cheap red wine) to you all on the day.

If anyone has a more complete list of attendees then add them to the page for posterity.

gazzer:
My apologies for not attending, changes in my working situation.
I was trying to remember when this bash was first put into place. 2006? Id have to look through some old photos for dates.

I’ll put some names to faces, from left to right, front row, second row etc:
Wee Jock, Chippy, Clive Cookie,Eddie Huntley, Ennis,Richard Green.
Rich Maidment (hiding), ?,?,?, George, Charlie “1” Jeggo, Jimski, Mister one and only Danny Moss.
Micky Leach, ?, Monty.
Mrs. Leach, Tony Brady, ?, ?.

I’m thinking Scorey P. was unable to attend, Terry said he had suffered a fall recently.
I did inform Steve Matthews but he too is a bit out of sorts at the moment.

I did raise a glass (cheap red wine) to you all on the day.

If anyone has a more complete list of attendees then add them to the page for posterity.

I wuzz there taxi for Hori so wuzz Elky, cheers Buzzer

Gazzer as I said I arrived late but someone said Steve Mathuews did pop in. The one behind Clive in mauve shirt is Mark drove for pat duffy his uncle was Phil dibden. :sunglasses: I think.

And Horry. :sunglasses:

Gazzer, from what I can see the first reunion was 2009 but for some reason all the pictures have gone from my laptop. Very strange. :sunglasses:

gerbil sb152:
Gazzer, from what I can see the first reunion was 2009 but for some reason all the pictures have gone from my laptop. Very strange. :sunglasses:

Why was it at the Wheatsheaf so long :blush: :blush: :blush: Buzzer

Gazzer was this your truck, someone said it was, Buzzer

Hi Chris was this one of yours as cant make out the sign writing on the door, big water tank in the background, Buzzer

301950443_1498157567308139_4736640707061906545_n.jpg

Buzzer, it was at the wheatsheaf for so long because Mr Sheppard greeted us with open arms and was such a friendly landlord that could not be more pleased to see us all. :sunglasses:

gerbil sb152:
Buzzer, it was at the wheatsheaf for so long because Mr Sheppard greeted us with open arms and was such a friendly landlord that could not be more pleased to see us all. :sunglasses:

Kev you need to go back for further treatment, nurse will be kind to you, :smiley: :smiley: Buzzer

Buzzer:
Hi Chris was this one of yours as cant make out the sign writing on the door, big water tank in the background, Buzzer

Hi John
Yes a bit before my time I think it is collecting off the Northwood Estate north of Bishops Waltham

Buzzer:

gerbil sb152:

Hi Buzzer. Perhaps it was because Mr. Sheppard was at one time a driver himself and I believe at one time for Jameson. I popped in there once for a drink and to say hello (long before your get togethers). I found the man ignorant he didn’t even want to speak so I’ve never been back. I was with someone at the time but can’t recall who. It may have been Charlie 1.
Regards, Nobby. P.S. Do you remember the D 1000 PBC had ?

Buzzer:

gerbil sb152:

Hi Buzzer. Maybe because Mr. Sheppard was an ex. driver and at one time I believe for Jameson. Long before your get togethers I popped in there for a drink and to say hello. To be quite honest I found the man ignorant and he really didn’t want to speak. At the time I was with someone else and I can’t remember who that was. I keep thinking Charlie 1 but I’m really not sure. Regards, Nobby.
P.S. Do you remember the D 1000 that PBC had at one time ? I think it may have been in your era.

Hi all, i could be wrong but i believe Tim Sheppard only worked for STS could be wrong though. :sunglasses: