Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

MaggieD:
I was on MacScot for 5 or 6 years 94/95 onwards & remember an interesting night out with I think it was ‘Alan Mormon’ in Pontefract as BKG did most of the continental where I mostly got trips to Belgian Pakood Antwerp for ciggies if the main euro driver Martin wasn’t doing it.

Alan took me in a bar and the beer pumps hid the barmaids top half, when it was my round I realised it was a ■■■■■■■ bar. Woo hoo.

Hi mikey1964,

You must be mistaken Alan Morman is a quiet teetotal chap and would never go into an establishment like that, when he drove for me he wouldn’t touch a drop and would only drink orange juice when he was coerced into going into The Yacht in Woolston by other drivers. :unamused: :blush: :smiley:

Regards
Richard
[/quote]
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

i284008264556962775.jpg

Strongs Romsey

One of Mo Bakers Transcon’s, Buzzer

polytrotter:

MaggieD:
I was on MacScot for 5 or 6 years 94/95 onwards & remember an interesting night out with I think it was ‘Alan Mormon’ in Pontefract as BKG did most of the continental where I mostly got trips to Belgian Pakood Antwerp for ciggies if the main euro driver Martin wasn’t doing it.

Alan took me in a bar and the beer pumps hid the barmaids top half, when it was my round I realised it was a ■■■■■■■ bar. Woo hoo.

Hi mikey1964,

You must be mistaken Alan Morman is a quiet teetotal chap and would never go into an establishment like that, when he drove for me he wouldn’t touch a drop and would only drink orange juice when he was coerced into going into The Yacht in Woolston by other drivers. :unamused: :blush: :smiley:

Regards
Richard

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
[/quote]
Obviously a different Alan then as this one encouraged the preload of a few French baby bottles before we went up the town. Likely similar looking with the same name though… :smiley:

Al became very worried when he was given a new DAF SSC at BKG:
“The fridge is right by the drivers seat" he complained, "Its got my beer in it, I`ll get done for drink driving!”

Hi Richard QC so who is your homeland twinned with, cant make it out, JD

Buzzer:
Hi Richard QC so who is your homeland twinned with, cant make it out, JD

Hi John,

Clanfield is twinned with 8 villages in an area called Val D’ Oison between Rouen and Paris,and Wellow is twinned with Couffe which is Northeast of Nantes.

Great to see you and Horrie the other weekend,I hope The Boss is well.
Regards
Richard

Blasts from the past, Buzzer

Badger:
Dad on Scats

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Wonderful pictures [emoji4]

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk

Buzzer:
Blasts from the past, Buzzer

Must add some photos of my late Father
Terry Cole TAC Transport I loved getting up early and spending the day on the road!

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk

Richard Evans we can see by the picture below you wont let Angie retire, you are a hard slave driver :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:, Buzzer

281347429_1208835949925092_7361018343448176698_n.jpg

Buzzer:
Richard Evans we can see by the picture below you wont let Angie retire, you are a hard slave driver :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:, Buzzer

Hi John,

Yes she still does Italy and is able to use the Cenis in that,I’m just getting the coupling changed so she can pull a fridge, Horry said he’d sort her out with some work out of Tracy Island,and show her the ropes,I think that’s what he meant !!
I’ve also found her a rigid if that is better suited to the work.

Regards
Richard

RT001-2-420x420.jpg

One for Gerbil, Buzzer

Redbridge causeway on a Bank holiday, Buzzer

Buzzer:
Redbridge causeway on a Bank holiday, Buzzer

Or rush hour today when there’s gas works on ,
Is that the High street and the turning to Eling wharf on the right , the petrol station is now a car hire firm

Buzzer, i did have a short spell on Tom Parker Dairy in my early 20’s around 1977. Start at 4, 6 wheel rigid AEC Bison from Fareham to Gosport tip milk back to Fareham by then trailer boy had loaded the 30 ft single axle trailer then 2 drop’s first Midhurst then Fernhurst but change every day to take the empty’s back. That was a AEC Mandator tractor. Midhurst drop was ok but Fernhurst was a pig to get into. Did it for about 6 months. :sunglasses:

Is this Monty ? Buzzer

Hi all, Yes Buzzer it is don’t know who he has in with him though the A pillar is in the way. :sunglasses:

One from the IOW in disrepair, Buzzer