Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

Couple locals for you, Buzzer

269699884_2333345536806363_5322191669725179833_n.png

269624491_2333346083472975_4144661982145293659_n.png

Hi all, i thought someone should come on and wish all on this thread a Happy Christmas, so that’s it done my bit, Oh and a Happy New Year. Stay safe and Covid free. :sunglasses:

Squires at Eastleigh airport loading fruit and veg out of the plane hold

2725FBB8-6DB4-4CA6-B41D-41A50DDE0FFB.jpeg

AFS haulage T15AFS 26t Merc rigid loading at Hilliers , jermyns lane Romsey 2017/2018

T123AFS with a Palletways DD trailer in top yard

Nmp . Credit to Mark Hobbs. Better Keep Going. Had a former work colleague that done a stint for them. Think he done mainly Portugal + Spain

Mark Hobbs 6750109617_d008746a93_b...jpg

Anyone remember Ken Lane, this outside Princes Commercials who were AEC agents before taking on the Volvo franchise, Buzzer

269831565_5080249232036913_6375749298395876551_n.jpg

Buzzer:
Anyone remember Ken Lane, this outside Princes Commercials who were AEC agents before taking on the Volvo franchise, Buzzer

Ken Lane (SPRINGROAD)

robthedog:

Buzzer:

Ken Lane (SPRINGROAD)

I think it is Ken that runs a one way hire van service to/from Spain out of Whiteparish. I’ve used the vans a couple of times and he’s a really helpful bloke. I had to drop the vans off just South of Alicante to a compound after use.

Not sure of Clarks Transport are still going ?

Buzzer:

Buzzer, If I remember correctly the vehicle concerned was a V8 and very troublesome and Ken was glad to see the back of it.
I have’nt seen Ken for a few years but we have had many good times in the past, few people know that he was not only a haulier but was a multiple British sidecar grass track Champion, certainly a man with bottle on & off the track.

Happy new year to all & keep safe.

Stroker 156 DOT:

Buzzer:

Buzzer, If I remember correctly the vehicle concerned was a V8 and very troublesome and Ken was glad to see the back of it.
I have’nt seen Ken for a few years but we have had many good times in the past, few people know that he was not only a haulier but was a multiple British sidecar grass track Champion, certainly a man with bottle on & off the track.

Happy new year to all & keep safe.

Hi Stroker, got a feeling Ken Lane’s father worked on the same estate as my dad rented a farm from in Bramshaw, the Warrens estate. Nowadays its mostly a golf course, Buzzer

Try as I might I can’t find a picture of Fordy.
Sad news that he passed away peacefully after a stint battling cancer, in Spain on New Years Eve.
He certainly was a character and had a reputation, a marmite personality.
Derek “El Del” Ford aka Fordy, RIP!

gazzer:
Try as I might I can’t find a picture of Fordy.
Sad news that he passed away peacefully after a stint battling cancer, in Spain on New Years Eve.
He certainly was a character and had a reputation, a marmite personality.
Derek “El Del” Ford aka Fordy, RIP!

RIP.
Del Ford mid 90`s.

Talking of Ken Lane
Few more Soton hauliers as well

robthedog:
Talking of Ken Lane
Few more Soton hauliers as well

Nice line-up! I think I’ll have the chassis of that Scania, the cab of that F12, the ■■■■■■■ & Fuller out of that Transcon, the steering wheel out of the NG 1628 (or 26), and the plaid rug off the engine hump of that F88 please :laughing:

Found another clipping of Dads accident at Black Dam, Basingstoke

Dads Accident (2).jpg

Hampshire registration, any one know who had this new ? Buzzer

Buzzer:
Hampshire registration, any one know who had this new ? Buzzer

Hello John, Happy New year to you and all the family, hope you’re all well…

Might be an ex Armstrong wagon, can’t be 100% sure, but the reg looks familier…

Fergie

Im guessing… it could have been Pall Europe. Lord Wellow might know as he had good contacts that way. IIRC Armstrongs had 194V