Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

Buzzer:
First trip I ever did abroad was with Scorey P as a guide 50 odd years ago, Buzzer

Ill bet Pat wasnt wearing such a dark jacket then though!
Where is his red check shirt, or yellow jersey draped over his shoulders?

1979 when me and Pat trundled off to Metalcom, Milano.

OK any one know who was the jockey on this one, Buzzer

Buzzer:

Hi John,

Hope you and The Boss are well,John Smith used to drive one of the drawbars and run to Yugoslavia every week with it. I’ve seen photos of an accident when John was on holiday another driver was in it and lost control down a bank and landed on either the M2 or M20 across all the carriageways.

Regards
Richard

MaggieD:

Buzzer:

Hi John,

Hope you and The Boss are well,John Smith used to drive one of the drawbars and run to Yugoslavia every week with it. I’ve seen photos of an accident when John was on holiday another driver was in it and lost control down a bank and landed on either the M2 or M20 across all the carriageways.

Regards
Richard

Hi Richard we all good sept the Boss got a bad back. Do you mean John (animal) Smith from Fareham if so we were good friends but if you were on the road with him and drink became involved he could explode at a moments notice and it was look out then if someone upset him, got of the afternoon boat out with him once and he said we’ll do a bit tonight he was in a peanut puncher for Spring Road and me in an F89 well he never stopped for five hours straight and by the time I had got out and had a pee his curtains were round and he was a kip, 5hrs later he’s banging on my door to GEL on, Mary Hopkins moments them, Buzzer

Hi all, no buzzer different Mr Smith this one was smudged came from down ilminster way he was on Armstrong’s for years then Mr Evans got him for quite a few years was on for Stevens from Andover way for a long time. :sunglasses:

Buzzer:

Bob (Ali)(Quick Draw) McGraw drove one of those. I can`t say whether or not it was that particular one.

Some of the ones I have. Reiner was the pilot of the bent one!

Romsey’s Greatbridge Rd Railway Bridge has always been popular with some drivers.
Today, one of Meachers became the latest to discover its attraction.

Meachers romsey.PNG

Meachers Romsey 2.PNG

Always surprises me when locals hit it, they should know better

robthedog:

The driver was probably far too busy on his Smartphone, rather than concentrating on driving the lorry properly.

Ray Smyth.

Wonder if he will be dismissed for this act of carelessness, I doubt it as drovers are at a premium as well as drivers :blush: :blush: :smiley: Buzzer

Ray Smyth:

robthedog:

The driver was probably far too busy on his Smartphone, rather than concentrating on driving the lorry properly.

Ray Smyth.

From a source in company
6 month old trailer @ 14ft 9”
Unit has only been on the road 2 weeks a new gen MAN TGX :open_mouth:
Add Agency driver
Oh Bob T will be pleased

blue estate:

Ray Smyth:

robthedog:

Ray Smyth.

From a source in company
Add Agency driver
Oh Bob T will be pleased

Your not gloating are you
Who said 6” wasn’t enough

robthedog:

blue estate:

robthedog:

Ray Smyth.

From a source in company
Add Agency driver
Oh Bob T will be pleased

[/quote]
Nope :laughing: :laughing: Rob I bet your laughing yer head off as well :wink:

blue estate:

robthedog:

blue estate:

robthedog:

Ray Smyth.

From a source in company
Add Agency driver
Oh Bob T will be pleased

Nope :laughing: :laughing: Rob I bet your laughing yer head off as well :wink:
[/quote]
It breaks my heart to see that happen to such a bunch of nice people

just the one but need a ferry, Buzzer

BKP Still going

robthedog:
BKP Still going[/quote

Believe that was started from Embley park by three people the K of the BKP being a Mr King and they started out doing it with tractors IIRC that was in my yoof, Buzzer