Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

i284008264556962775.szw360h270.jpg
OIP.jpg

The green & white Scania IIRC was an owner driver Johnny Compton RIP from Redlynch and he worked for SS&T run at that time by Jack Fecett, Buzzer

Buzzer:
The green & white Scania IIRC was an owner driver Johnny Compton RIP from Redlynch and he worked for SS&T run at that time by Jack Fecett, Buzzer

Heres another pic of his Scania. :wink:

A04149p.JPG

DEANB:

Buzzer:

Lost the wind deflector

robthedog:

DEANB:

Buzzer:

Lost the wind deflector

And sun Visor…

Got to be a Southampton motor, Buzzer

240881690_2994667967413737_126307364793837910_n.jpg

Buzzer:

Pitters

robthedog:

Buzzer:

Pitters

Heres another.

Just the one, Buzzer

DEANB:

robthedog:

Buzzer:

Pitters

Heres another.

One of my informants tells me that there was an ERF NGC European (left-■■■■■■) in Van Ommeran / NYK livery (No. 88 on the register, Dean). If anyone can come with a picture of that I’d be well chuffed! I think it was operated by AJ Bradick from Leyton (London). It’s sister ERF went on to serve in GL Baker colours.

So’ton Docks possibly late 50’s appolagies if put on before

Danny Doveys ERF, Buzzer

just to move back up the page

Although not Southampton based Rawlings were a main shipper to Le Havre out of the town in the early years, Buzzer

Was this one of yours Richard ? Buzzer

Buzzer:
Was this one of yours Richard ? Buzzer

Hi John,

Yes that was it’s first load, farm equipment to the Isle of Man a police ■■■■■■ to delivery point because of length, farmer put us up for the night,and back to the harbour next morning to catch the mid-day ferry, got there early and at 10am called me on, only one other driver a Manx Meat lad as soon as we were on off we go. I said to him “Why are we leaving early ?” He replied “The forecast is for a Force 11 and if they don’t leave now they won’t let them go at all” I quickly phoned our insurance man to check if my Marine Insurance covered the new truck !! Believe it or not he was Ivan Tyrell who was at you 50th Party,small world.

Regards
Richard

Sorry for the delay Gerbil, only 3 photos as we had a “date” elsewhere!

20210829_152817.jpg

KInnell, Buzzer turn that first one up the other way! FFS!

Hi all, thanks for that gazzer i was really gutted to have missed both didn’t go to Romsey last year to try to stay away from the Covid then this year i end up missing both you just don’t know how gutted i was to have missed them both specially the big 50 celebration.

First trip I ever did abroad was with Scorey P as a guide 50 odd years ago, Buzzer