Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

One of local interest, Buzzer

Buzzer:
One of local interest, Buzzer

I drove one just like that John . 15 tons of hydrated lime , 600 bags weekly to Liverpool docks “drop it over there driver”. I was in my 20s and fit then , always burst plenty on the bottom for those idle sods to clean up .

HS

EEF96B9C-5338-4E1E-89AD-7DF6BA5E54F3.jpeg

Jimski
Give me a ring please

Jacko
Ive got an IVECO first aid kit for the driver not the lorry it isnt that big lol
Cheers

Rich

48CFA356-EC8D-44CB-8739-9A693A096745.jpeg

robthedog:
HS

Could be a ldoy comp, looking at the amount of newspapers in the cab

Couple of NOT

This one is local to Southampton, Buzzer

Hi all, seeing the sack’s on the Scatt’s lorry reminded me of when i was only a boy helping with the harvest the first combine we had you stand on it and filled the sack’s tied them then slide them of the back, we then got modern and had one with a tank but no bulk trailer or anywhere to tip so when it was full pull along side a flat trailer and fill the sack’s that way but which ever way was hard work as the sack’s were West of England hire sack’s AKA Westlake’s and when full were the best part of two to two and a half hundred weight, they got heavy by eight o’clock at night when we finished had to be put in grain store park in the road and winch them in move with a sack truck then stack two high. Oh to be a fit young boy again. :sunglasses: ( i suppose this should have been on the Davies farming thread. oh well ) :frowning:

One for you Chris, Buzzer

Hi John
Ex Pickford’s but came via Ireland as of a policy that they weren’t to be sold to their oposion, not kept very long due to change in taxation (No longer based on unladen weight a heavy locomotive which was only taxed not included the tailer weight) replaced with Special Types tax.

Buzzer:

I work with some one who’s farther drive for Dukes surname is Clark but don’t know his farthers first name but he lived in wickham

Don’t know if this has been put on before. :sunglasses:

12EE517C-5892-4255-A1CE-D36462739CFE.jpeg

blue estate:

Buzzer:

I work with some one who’s farther drive for Dukes surname is Clark but don’t know his farthers first name but he lived in wickham

Doing a bit B&Q bluey

robthedog:

blue estate:

Buzzer:

Doing a bit B&Q bluey

Nope I’m in Twickenham at Edmondsons

Hi all, had a really nice afternoon in a pub garden with Charlie Jago, must admit I did forget a photo but as usual we did a few miles. :sunglasses:

Jimski this looks like one of Pat’s old motors, can you confirm, Buzzer

Buzzer:
Jimski this looks like one of Pat’s old motors, can you confirm, Buzzer

That was one of Pats EDM 137J

Anyone remember C.Wright & Son at Cadnam.

tipper soton wright 68 ppg psoton.PNG

DEANB:
Anyone remember C.Wright & Son at Cadnam.

Wright’s were primarily coal merchants but later did a bit of general haulage in between those deliveries, my mother had her coal delivered by them and I used to ride me bike past there yard every day on me way to Bartley High School (it was on a hill) not really but sounds posh :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Buzzer