Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

Sorry don’t know how to turn picture round someone will I am sure :sunglasses:

gerbil sb152:
Hi all, well I went in the pub yesterday first time in 14 months to have a beer or two but ended up quite a few with an old mate of ours. :sunglasses:

There you go Kev

AED29EFE-82A3-435E-AFFE-CCE812B2E307 (3).jpeg

Thanks Buzzer I new I could rely on you. :sunglasses:

gerbil sb152:
Thanks Buzzer I new I could rely on you. :sunglasses:

Looks like you bought all the beer as Tutty is smiling and you are grimacing, Buzzer :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hi Kev

Whos the old boy with Tutter

Cheers Rich

Another chapter in my life has ended. The DVLA have decided that I’m no longer fit to drive.
Poor eyesight. ■■■■■■■■! On a clear day I can see the sun. How far do you want. To see?
I’ve sold me car and got a new set of wheels. I’m now available for hire and reward.

IMG_0144.JPG

charlie one:
Another chapter in my life has ended. The DVLA have decided that I’m no longer fit to drive.
Poor eyesight. ■■■■■■■■! On a clear day I can see the sun. How far do you want. To see?
I’ve sold me car and got a new set of wheels. I’m now available for hire and reward.

Australia’s to far to go, try this way up

Many thanks for that mate. I tried for about an hour to spin it.
No chance The blood was starting to rush to my head! Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hi all, Charlie those wheels look smart mate, what make make of dog is that it looks like mine. :sunglasses:

Hi Kev. Yes mate them wheels are fast. 8mph. Bit too fast for me really.
Sammy is a Yorkshire Terrier. Spoilt rotten. Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Have Lamberts gone ?

robthedog:
Have Lamberts gone ?

Are you near there now? What about their other warehouses?

The number 6 building is just up Woodside Av, and another yard in Goodwood Rd with their name on it.
I think the next yard, is/was theirs too? That is occupied by James Hardie, twas Kawasaki once upon a time.

Hi All
At the moment Lamberts have to the other yards because the main one has been sold I think Ray Lambert still owns all the property but Iam sure somebody on here will know for certain.

Cheers

Rich

tribsa:
Hi All
At the moment Lamberts have to the other yards because the main one has been sold I think Ray Lambert still owns all the property but Iam sure somebody on here will know for certain.

Cheers

Rich

Yep he does and I’ve heard Jewsons are having that yard so they can move out of Toynbee road as there’s houses all around now

New pastures

Hi all, so where is lambert’s yrd now then. Tribsa i have sent you a PM but not sure if it’s gone let me now please if you get it. :sunglasses:

tribsa:
Hi All

Cheers

Rich

I think, but ain`t sure, that they also owned the Conder Hardware warehouse in Boyatt Wood that is now the B & Q site. If they did, whether sold or rented out, again I dunno.

blue estate:

tribsa:
Hi All

Cheers

Rich

Yep he does and I’ve heard Jewsons are having that yard so they can move out of Toynbee road as there’s houses all around now

New pastures

Jewson have been gone from Toynbee Rd Eastleigh years now, maybe they plan to have a yard in Eastleigh again as TP Have one just round the corner

Just to move back up the page

Exiting the old Terminus station

Princes role call late 90’s @ Nursling
How many do you recognise

Gordon Crittel, Sam Pothecary, Martin Tomlin, Stan the Van man, Keith Ball, Rick Waters, Barry Pudney, Colonel, John Waters, Andy White, Paddy… Frank, Clive, Chris Porter and many others who’s names escape me!