Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

Done a bit of digging on the thread posted a couple of extracts should clear things up a little bit

Hi all yes so no had remembered right I could remember the two maggies and when I was subbing to STS before I worked for Horace I had to meet Les in Portsmouth to swap a trailer can’t remember if he was shipping out with it or came off the boat but that’s what had stuck in my mind. :sunglasses:

Kevin. I’m trying to pm you but won’t let me. Can you pm me please and I might be able to reply Regards Charlie

Hi all, Charlie i have tryed to send it twice but for some reason they are in my outbox and i can’t get them to send will keep trying it also has your email address so i will try sending to that. :sunglasses:

Charlie i have tried to send you an email.

Hi Kev below is a very rare picture of a tilt belonging to Nunky Newman aka Roberts Freight Services behind my F89, this was when he went on his own and got a feeling that John “animal” Smith also did some traction for Bob,at one point I was going to be partners with Nunky but got cold feet for one reason or another and it never happened but you can judge how long ago it was as it is Horry in the shot and he is now 44 how time has flown, cheers Buzzer

168400666_3953716211385405_166195754080343347_n.jpg

Hi all, blimy Buzzer what year would that have been. The 88/89 certainly were a good looking and good truck to drive. :sunglasses:

Charlie i have tried again to reply to you if you don’t get it PM me your phone number i will ring you. :sunglasses:

gerbil sb152:
Charlie i have tried again to reply to you if you don’t get it PM me your phone number i will ring you. :sunglasses:

Kev/Charlie

If you two can’t get it together I’ll come down and pick you both up and go for an outside drink,it might be easier !!

Regards
Richard

Hi Richard I am hoping we are getting it sorted I couldn’t pm him but he did me we could all meet for a coffee or something a little stronger we should arrange it. Nice pub in the locks Heath centre. :sunglasses:

I haven’t gone completely daft. Just impossible to sendapm.Please excuse me.
Matron says it’s time for my meds. 07737293709

Boyes Conning clip 1984.

soton boyes 84 p soton.PNG.jpg

DEANB:
Boyes Conning clip 1984.

Boyes conning been gone a few years now, I didn’t realise they went across the water

Hi all, Richard /Charlie scrap the pub i think it’s still closed. :sunglasses:

0My new motor

Charlie post it again nothing there. :sunglasses:

Buzzer:
Hi Kev below is a very rare picture of a tilt belonging to Nunky Newman aka Roberts Freight Services behind my F89, this was when he went on his own and got a feeling that John “animal” Smith also did some traction for Bob,at one point I was going to be partners with Nunky but got cold feet for one reason or another and it never happened but you can judge how long ago it was as it is Horry in the shot and he is now 44 how time has flown, cheers Buzzer

Hi Gerbil, hope you are ok mate. My job in that F89 was to hand the gate pass out of the window at Southampton docks on the way out. I felt so important :smiley: :smiley:
The security mush would never walk round to Dad’s side on a left ■■■■■■ and can remember Dad saying to me once to throw it out of the window nipper, let him pick it up :smiley: :smiley:

Gazzer this was’nt Dos’s truck was it, the one that got reclaimed in Italy or was that an F12, I know it was a JPS one, Buzzer.

That’s not a local F89 Buzzer.
D’O’S had an F12 INTERCOOLER (when they were rare and IIRC not in the UK) bought from Malcolm Harrison up the A34 Stoke way?
Ex Italian truck on UK plates but recognised by an Italian at Modena (?) truck wash swilling out a fridge. Along came plod and gave him 10 mins to clear his gear out.
Malcolm Harrison paid him out a few quid to compensate.

AED29EFE-82A3-435E-AFFE-CCE812B2E307.jpegHi all, well I went in the pub yesterday first time in 14 months to have a beer or two but ended up quite a few with an old mate of ours. :sunglasses: