Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

Monty passed that message to me today. RIP Jimmer.

P1000648.JPG

Sad news, I liked Jim, a lot! R.I.P fella…

Oops

Bit of panel beating and a replacement windscreen Chris, she will be good as new. Is that an Annett’s cattle truck in the background, Buzzer

DISPATCHER:
Oops

What?
Top pipe of three launched over the cab during braking? But he’s on a grass verge.

Hi all, Buzzer you could be right about Annetts in the background it’s a Commer when i first saw it i thought it might have been one of Reg Goodfellers from Waltham chase but on further scrutiny i think you could be right do we know where it was. :laughing:

DISPATCHER:
Oops

Hello Chris…think that was Freddie King, in Wickham square ?

Hi All

RIP Jim smashing chap
Thinking of Maureen
Any help need just ring

Cheers

Rich

Really sad news that Jim Street has passed away he was one of the best really nice man.
R.I.P Jim.
Would any one on here have a contact address for Maureen please.

Hello Dave
Your right was Wickham Square, he was on pipeline contract

Happy New Year Chris (belated ) hope to catch up with you again sometime whilst we are this side of the soil.

Hello Nigel
Hope alls well with you and we all hope 2021 will improve

“DISPATCHER”

Was sent this pic recently. :smiley:

What a beauty.

NMP

Hi Dean
I think ETN is being restored somewhere in Yorkshire im not sure
Coincedence a little something I’m working on at the moment

Hi All,

Sorry to say Frank Topham ex Mammoth driver has passed away R.I.P. Great character ran with him a few times to Italy.

Regards
Richard

At the August bash 2017

Hi all, yes indeed another nice man gone R.I.P Franck. Not been a good year this last 12 month’s. :frowning:

Hi all, yes indeed another nice man gone R.I.P Franck. Not been a good year this last 12 month’s. :frowning:

DISPATCHER:
Hi Dean
I think ETN is being restored somewhere in Yorkshire im not sure
Coincedence a little something I’m working on at the moment

Nice model chap,thats good news if it is being restored. :wink:

MaggieD:
Hi

Meachers also ran this Magirus HCR 772 X which I think from memory was acquired when they took over Southampton Road Transport (SRT) Bob Terris Meachers boss phoned me one day to ask if I would like to purchase it from them as it was an oddball in their ERF fleet,which I duly did.Here you see it in Spartruks spray shop in Richmond St.Southampton being sprayed into the colours of another well known Southampton transport company, who Roolechat will recognise :unamused: LTS Freight.
It has always been a bit camera shy as you can see from Buzzer’s transit photo, the other photo shows it hiding away in the corner in Lorraines.

Regards
Richard

Hi Rich
Isn’t this the truck a certain young man was driving when He was struck on the head by a falling bear barrel
And was slightly quicker than HCR 776X that is also hiding in the pic !!!
Hope you’re all well

MOLO had a yard shared with Rentco in Upton Lane, Rownhams.