Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

Hi all, Well it’s nearly over so Wish all on here a very happy Christmas hope thing’s get better next year. :sunglasses:

Buzzer:
Blast from the past is this man nicknamed Baldrick aka Stewart Mitchell now residing in Covid free :astonished: France, Buzzer.

Haha yes John…
outside Macadees Madrid cold store.
Shortly after that pic was taken I was collared by the Spanish Anti Mullet Police and bundled into an unmarked van .

Have yourself a good Christmas and give my best to Gill and the boys.
Ttfn. Balders.

nearly on page 2

Chris that block of flats looks like its about to topple over or is it on the back of one of Bakers low loaders :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: JD.

Hi JD

I see what you mean there must have been a bend in the photo when I copied it.
all the best to you and all at DIT

Hi all, that’s a fare gathering of Baker vehicle’s. Happy new tear to all on here let’s hope it’s better than this one. :sunglasses:

gerbil sb152:
Hi all, that’s a fare gathering of Baker vehicle’s. Happy new tear to all on here let’s hope it’s better than this one. :sunglasses:

We live in hope, unfortunately it’s not looking very good at the moment

CFAT

Happy New Year All,
Been out of action for about 18 months now but will slowly get back to my anoying ways as soon as possible.
I have enjoyed this thread for years,
Take care and stay safe.
Harvey

My Father had the 110 EDM137J early 80s mostly out of Felixstowe Chris Hudson ,Sealand

Mack76:
My Father had the 110 EDM137J early 80s mostly out of Felixstowe Chris Hudson ,Sealand

I presume that was after Pat sold it

Yeah it was think it was brought off Pat about 1982 my Grandfather had a 111. Based In Bedford

Who’s motor was this, anybody know ? Buzzer

PM maybe one of Pat Duffy’s

134495608_5385576644789433_1139550007471901304_n.jpg

ROBA (ROtterdam/BAselare Transport Co. ish) Southampton did’t have any of their own motors based there. Somewhere in Essex was the head office for the UK. Apparently they had barges on the Rhine as their mainstay of work.
Southampton was previously Incotrans.
Office run by a Paul Harrod and another chap…Terry? Summat, lived of West End Rd.
I was there when they went from the small lettering on the tilts to the full size lettering.
Jim Chandler had a few on there, Scorey P , John Budd and one other who now lives in Italy but his name escapes me, BY TR was a subbie too.
I did about 18 months and then went on to Chingfords full time. Dave Chivers gave me the heads up there along with a nudge from Buzzer.

I found this funny, could not resist forwarding it. Harvey

Just heard from Monty that Jim Street died yesterday. Not sure whether he was in Portugal or back in the UK…no doubt someone else will have some more info soon.
Another good old boy gone.

R.I.P Jim

Fergie47:
Just heard from Monty that Jim Street died yesterday. Not sure whether he was in Portugal or back in the UK…no doubt someone else will have some more info soon.
Another good old boy gone.

R.I.P Jim

Poor old Jim lovely bloke had many a meal with him in transport & out
Rip Jim

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Sad news, one of the best

R I P Jim

Really bad new’s real nice man. Love to Maureen. R.I.P Jim.

Just spoke with Ian Elkins sad news about Jimmy God Bless R.I.P. Jimmy