Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

Mack76:
My Father had the 110 EDM137J early 80s mostly out of Felixstowe Chris Hudson ,Sealand

That was my first truck when I was on for Pat Duffy.

Hi all, Jimmer what year did you start for Pat i remember you were only a young boy. :sunglasses:

Lymington.JPG

roolechat:

Punchy Dan might be interested he’s trialling something similar

roolechat:

Certainly made a mess out of that !! :open_mouth:

Normandy ferries advert from 1967.

Click on twice to read.

Hi all, you must be bored Gazzer. Could be grounded a bit longer yet. :sunglasses:

Hi all, you must be bored Gazzer. Could be grounded a bit longer yet. :sunglasses:

gazzer:

Great pics Gazzer,i never get tired of looking at old pics so more please ! :smiley: :wink:

Is that an orange mini in the first pic by the kerb ■■

By looking at the boot lid Dean ,its one of these;

www.carandclassic.co.uk/list/749

Hi all I heard today from Monty T that Jimmy Streets funeral is Feb 2nd at 4pm stoneham Crem but he did say east or west?
But don’t know who can go as only 30 people at a funeral, I think I’m right in saying that!?
I know if it weren’t for Covid there would be a big turnout R.I.P. Jimmy .

Hi all, thank’s for the info Jimmer i am sure you are right about it being a big turnout if it was not for this bloody Covid. R.I.P Jim.

Kev: It’s non stop here and not all fun n games. I’ll give you a rundown:
Tea in bed (made by Er Indoors) and 2 choccy biskwits. Watching a bit of Spanish TV (keep abreast of the new restrictions), UK TV on in the next room (which I can hear and watch in the bedroom mirror).
Levitate about 09.00.
Maybe a little job prep before off to the village for social coffee time.
Back home about 12.30 for lunch.
Change of clothes then either out to work which may be some house maintenance for someone (painting, rendering, woodworking) for a few hours or if not something to do around here, a bit more concreting for my plunge pool, gardening or some work on my motorhome.
By the time 5pm comes, it’s starting to get cold, in and light the log burner, get the vino out.
Now I was looking for some specific photos and came across the ones posted, there are others but they were just a few quick teasers (thank you DEANB!).
The evening is Emmerdale, Corrie, Emmerdale…it’s on but I don’t watch it!
Bed by 10.30pm, the day is done…
As I’ve said elsewhere: I dont have a donkey, I have fresh water but £3 a month for me would help!

gazzer:
Kev: It’s non stop here and not all fun n games. I’ll give you a rundown:
Tea in bed (made by Er Indoors) and 2 choccy biskwits. Watching a bit of Spanish TV (keep abreast of the new restrictions), UK TV on in the next room (which I can hear and watch in the bedroom mirror).
Levitate about 09.00.
Maybe a little job prep before off to the village for social coffee time.
Back home about 12.30 for lunch.
Change of clothes then either out to work which may be some house maintenance for someone (painting, rendering, woodworking) for a few hours or if not something to do around here, a bit more concreting for my plunge pool, gardening or some work on my motorhome.
By the time 5pm comes, it’s starting to get cold, in and light the log burner, get the vino out.
Now I was looking for some specific photos and came across the ones posted, there are others but they were just a few quick teasers (thank you DEANB!).
The evening is Emmerdale, Corrie, Emmerdale…it’s on but I don’t watch it!
Bed by 10.30pm, the day is done…
As I’ve said elsewhere: I dont have a donkey, I have fresh water but £3 a month for me would help!

Gazzer never understood why people want a Donkey and there not cheap to buy, big ears and a loud voice and I know others that fit in that category but with two legs :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: cheers Buzzer.

It cracks me up how often a Jim Squibb motor turns up in a pic or advert. I must have put about 6 or more on here.

Does anyone know how many trucks he operated ?

soton sq 73 psoton.jpg

Dean when I was at school in Bartley near Cadnam which was hated by me I must say, he ran about five or six he operated out of a old woodyard and parked trailers in that long layby you mentioned near the cafe where they straightened the road out by the old radio mast, he then was in Chandlers Ford and had alot more motors by then, he dabbled in a bit of ME work as well, later the company became Transport Services and was run from a double unit on the Chandlers Ford Ind estate with a mix of motors about 25 at a guess but could be wrong, someone on here will know better. Jim was an accomplished speedway rider and later went into auto cross also his son Barry who was very good at it, cheers Buzzer.

Steve Matthews?

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Hi all, here is a question to get the grey matter going, what was the name of the restaurant or where was it or both in Domodosala where S.T.S used to tip the telly’s in Italy. That will give you something to think about this weekend. :sunglasses:

Hi Kev now you mention Domodossola, remember a lot of us used to go through Swiss as it was cheaper than going via the Blanc, on one occasion Micky Saunders was in one of my motors and it was a worry with them tele’s on got to the border of Italy and the guard came to the window and said ah STS you have televisions, Micky could not believe he knew what he had on the trailer and thought he was about to be hijacked. You had to get a Swiss seal put on coming in from France cost I cant remember how much it cost now, also often when tipping the tele’s were loaded straight back on to Swiss furniture trucks going back in so there must have been some sort of tax wangle going on there, MH moment right there Buzzer.

Yes Buzzer, off the boat Monday morning down through France stop before the Swiss border then go through a small border at Vallorbe cross Swiss that day out through the Simplon pass into Italy parkup in Domodossola then tip next morning. If i remember correctly the Simplon pass was kept open all year as it was one of the few routes fuel tanker’s and such like could use in and out of Italy. Happy Day’s. :sunglasses: