Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

On FB someone said Pint Size was impersonating Roy Gover…

On Flashbook
A Youthful RHE QC

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Badger:
On Flashbook
A Youthful RHE QC

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Blow me there was some hair back then, Buzzer

John
That was a very long climb for the little fella as well
Jeremy

Thank you for those remarks John and Jeremy, I bought this new from Spartruks in 1975,and acquired Angela at the same time as she was working there, and our first date was to the Commercial Motor Show in Glasgow,so she knew what she was letting herself into !!

It has been a sad day for me having to evict an old International driver (CharlieOne) Mr.Charles Jaggo from his home in Alton,following an internal audit by my client DKV GMBH in Germany they have just realised for the past 8 years Mr.Jaggo has been paying his rent with a DKV card, when questioned in court he admitted to it claiming he thought it included his Deaf Aid,when it was actually D.A.F Aid. My client was not amused, nor I when it was found to be my DKV card he had used !!
It had an happy ending as by 5PM this afternoon,I had found him alternative shelter in a property in the Hamble area,as you can see from the 2nd photo he was over the moon by standing on the top of his MFi Wardrobe he can see John’s cattle, and says he is going to buy a BBQ I’m not sure why.!!

Regards
Richard

Obviously I will have to take alternative legal advice as I thought you were representing me Richard, no one ran this by me about such a renegade moving in on to my Manor, would be interested as to just where he is now abiding now as fore warned is fore armed and as for the BBQ I would like to see him try and catch one of my steers that would be interesting for sure, Buzzer.

The photo of the two by the back of the van, Charles is looking well, whos the old git stood next to him… :smiling_imp:

David I hope you and the lovely Liz are keeping well,I will message you over the weekend.

With response to your enquiry the young Dutchman on the left is Hertz Van Higher he works for the War Crimes Commission and is investigating Charlies pension he has been claiming for being a rear gunner in a Spitfire during the war since 1945.

John his new address SO316■■ is 3.8 miles from yours, about an hour on his mobility scooter, more worryingly he is only 2.6 miles from Tracy Island where he says he will be checking on security !

Regards
Richard

MaggieD:
David I hope you and the lovely Liz are keeping well,I will message you over the weekend.

With response to your enquiry the young Dutchman on the left is Hertz Van Higher he works for the War Crimes Commission and is investigating Charlies pension he has been claiming for being a rear gunner in a Spitfire during the war since 1945.

John his new address SO316■■ is 3.8 miles from yours, about an hour on his mobility scooter, more worryingly he is only 2.6 miles from Tracy Island where he says he will be checking on security !

Regards
Richard

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: …it’d be nice to catch up with you and Angie over the weekend, it’s been a long time.

Just imagine, I was going to give Charles a job driving Ainacs pink bus around the Le Harve area, but after all his fiddles I’m glad i didn’t, poor old Mappo wouldnt have made a centime…

Just to let you all know old time Southampton driver Gordon Smith celebrates his 90th birthday this weekend

From Wee Jock:
News that Tony Kimber passed away earlier part of last week.
RIP Tony, well likable and knowledgeable chap.

Hi Gary & All

Tonys passing was Wednedsday

Cheers
Rich

Tony Kimber used to look after my Volvo trucks in the early 80’s, he had a shed at Roger Pages Place just of the Thornhill roundabout and I say a shed as it had no doors, later he moved to a shed with doors just up the road in upper Northam Drive which was in Paul Crawford’s yard where several different companies were situated, while in this yard is when he bought that big blue wrecker and this side of things always interested him a lot, condolences to his family RIP Tony, Buzzer.

Good Afternoon Everyone.

For anyone that may know Chris Broomfield who drives for us, he very sadly lost his Father last week, Mr George Broomfield.
Chris very kindly brought in his Dad’s photo album from yesteryear for me to look at and share with everyone. I do hope you all will enjoy as much as I have, looking at them and the stories behind them all. George drove for Squibb and Mammoth all over Europe and beyond. There was early Days of European driving and then there were the earlier days than that as can be seen. Here are a few of George’s snaps on the road, lots more to follow soon.

RIP George.

George.jpg

Albini’s - a young Chad Mills to the right…

Squibb’s on the way to Napoli - Fantastic Iconic photo this…

The road gave way in Portugal due to the surface Temperature

Squibb Portugal.jpg

Wasn’t George on the “Herald” when it fell over?

Hopefully the right way up, Just as a footnote I was at the yard which IIRC was in Chandlers ford the day that Scammel crusader was delivered new, at the time I drove a GUY Big J for Jim Squibb and also I went to school with Barry in Bartley where Jim started out but only drove for a week and it flew would do 75mph, cheers JD.

Squibb Napoli (2).jpg

Squibb Portugal (2).jpg

One from back a bit off FB, Buzzer