Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

Hi Richard i will be ok as long as they accept UTA. Mr Brady assure’s me social distancing will be upheld, that is till he start’s swaying. Hope to see a few old face’s Sunday.

it’s when the retired folk start repeating themselves…

What are you trying to say Gazzer. :open_mouth:

what are you trying to say Gazzer. :open_mouth:

what are you trying to say Gazzer. :open_mouth:

To everyone going to the star today there is an event on in Romsey so best to use Car Parks then walk round to the Pub
Jeremy

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Buzzer:
Long, long time ago, Buzzer

Buzzer:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dmu31244:

Buzzer:

Buzzer:

Your 88 was a bit slow I had to stop and wait for you John Armstrongs

dmu31244:

dmu31244:

Buzzer:

Buzzer:

Your 88 was a bit slow I had to stop and wait for you John Armstrongs

Due to a strike we had to ship out from Calais which was a rare port for us to use

Hello everybody
How did the bash go?
Andy

H1st great catch up with all those old drivers I can say that being 1 of the Young ones I did a video but too big to put on but Gary B took some photos
Jeremy

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Yes I did but they are all too big to post, not got time to reduce them. They are on FB tho.

gazzer:
Yes I did but they are all too big to post, not got time to reduce them. They are on FB tho.

Have you tried Easy Resize, Gazzer, it’s quick and easy?

Just to let anyone who knew or worked for Franky Allen I heard yesterday he had passed away in France about three weeks ago where he went to spend his final time, he ran PBC international transport from Sholing in Southampton a company I had my first international driving job with back in the early 70’s, of course this later became Cabmont when Cables Montague became involved then British international after that.
The chap who told me and coincidentally buys eggs from me about this said Frank Allen wrote a book of his life which I never knew about, he was born in 1929 so had a fair inning’s. I met some fantastic fellow workers who also drove for PBC such as Pat Scory during my time there and the wages were £35 all in. Frank was also one of the original motivators behind Truckline Ferries in its infancy and was there from the very beginning of that and also had an office on the quay in Cherbourg, RIP Frank, Buzzer.

August Bash 2020.
Photos resized using PIXresizer. Resize one pic or a whole file of pics in one go.
We changed venue to The Star Inn Romsey.

20200830_164327_001_saved.jpg

20200830_155421.jpg

20200830_155416.jpg

20200830_143630.jpg

20200830_141652.jpg

Cont’d:

Hi all looks like the social distancing tape was broken. Glad a good time was had by all. :sunglasses:

Salut Gazzer, great photos, I would not have recognized Roy Gover and Angela est toutjour belle. Cheers Andy

Buzzer , I never met Frank Allen , I knew his son Tim , the last time I saw Tim Allen was on a Brittany ferries crossing , he had his wife and friends with him , maybe going to his house in France , this was in the mid 90’s , so Frank has lasted a long time .
Are you in contact with Tim ? I doubt he would remember me but send my condolences if you make contact .
He gave me the opportunity for my first trip abroad , a lot to learn in a short time , from throwing away my CMR not aware that’s how you got paid as a subbie .

Without sounding too much like during the war ,but when sat in traffic in Porto , the wooden trailer boards fell out the side of my tilt trailer and hit an old battered and already scratched car with a family in it .
The husband jumps out furious saying I have damaged his car and demanded my insurance details , I said no , then for half an hour he was chasing me around trying to stop me with dangerous driving until he gave up , no way am I paying for his car to be done up .
At least in your line of work with fridges , these problems don’t exist with those pesky side boards .
The BI drivers were always slagging off the Allens behind their back , but I found Tim to be a perfect gentleman and never ripped me off and paid on time .

That look’s more like Clue talking to Kev Rawlings and Horrie. I could be wrong. :sunglasses: