Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

Lambert Bros drivers doing a Truck Pull for charity.
And some Soton drivers hard at work in Spain (?) I think it was the resto just before Vilar Formosa, but after about 30 years my memory is somewhat dusty.

Hope these are the right way up , Buzzer

20201004_191135 (2).jpg

Whoops! Thanks.

Buzzer:

Great picture and I reckon 1985 or 86 just as of before I started aged 21 for 4 years, Faces I vaguely remember there and likely wrong on some:=

Lofty
Polly
Micky Chapman
Clive (Wim Vos)
Clive Lambert
Brian Hayes
Crunch
Steve Stacey
Chris Campian
Mel I think?

Any one fill in the blanks or agree?

mikey1964:

Buzzer:

Great picture and I reckon 1985 or 86 just as of before I started aged 21 for 4 years, Faces I vaguely remember there and likely wrong on some:=

Lofty
Polly
Micky Chapman
Clive (Wim Vos)
Clive Lambert
Brian Hayes
Crunch
Steve Stacey
Chris Campian
Mel I think?

Geoff ? greying hair, 4 wheeler driver?
Tony P.
Lofty was in the workshop, and Polly was also an interloper as he was a worker for Composite.
Pete H. in ARC t-shirt?
I think Barry (Piggott) was driving because he was the lightest!
That FL Volvo was probably new.

Franglais:

mikey1964:

Buzzer:

Lofty
Polly
Micky Chapman
Clive (Wim Vos)
Clive Lambert
Brian Hayes
Crunch
Steve Stacey
Chris Campian
Mel I think?

Tony P.
Lofty was in the workshop, and Polly was also an interloper as he was a worker for Composite.
Pete H. in ARC t-shirt?

Yep, you,re right. Geoff not crunch & Polly worked with Vic in Composite. Lofty took me on a driving assessment before I was offered a job by Ray but i was interviewed by Tony.

I remember Barry Mills who was a bit jockey sized, happy days and good people. Is Micky Winwood in the pick?

mikey1964:

Franglais:

mikey1964:

Buzzer:

Lofty
Polly
Micky Chapman
Clive (Wim Vos)
Clive Lambert
Brian Hayes
Crunch
Steve Stacey
Chris Campian
Mel I think?

Tony P.
Pete H. in ARC t-shirt?

Yep, you,re right. Geoff not crunch & Polly worked with Vic in Composite. Lofty took me on a driving assessment before I was offered a job by Ray but i was interviewed by Tony.

I remember Barry Mills who was a bit jockey sized, happy days and good people. Is Micky Winwood in the pick?

I can’t see Mickey W there.
Barry did work at a racing stable at one time I think?
Is that a little glimpse of Chris Hodge wearing a black vest near back of the rope?

Hi all, Franglais, that picture you put on of the 4 reprobates sitting in the sun look like a bit of a BKG company outing. The one holding the watch i believe to be Mr Ford next to him Mr feltham and i know it’s me age but can’t for the life of me think of the one holding the pint and the one in the fore ground. That must have been a year or two ago. :sunglasses:

Buzzer.

Found this on the NA3T website, of Squibbs with a Berliet do you know what was the story behind that, as there won’t have been many UK registered around?

CX00958-01.jpg
NMP

Actually JS I have seen that truck in the flesh many moons ago and at the time there was IIRC a rumour that it was purloined in France by foul means but do not know if there was any truth in that rumour, anyways Jim Squibb ran it for some time and as you say it was rare in the UK back then it also had Trilex wheels which was also not normal over here. Below is another picture of that Berliet alongside an early F88, the Berliet’s regular pilot was George Broomfield and his son works for us today at Davies International, sadly George passed a month ago, Buzzer.

gerbil sb152:
Hi all, Franglais, that picture you put on of the 4 reprobates sitting in the sun look like a bit of a BKG company outing. The one holding the watch i believe to be Mr Ford next to him Mr feltham and i know it’s me age but can’t for the life of me think of the one holding the pint and the one in the fore ground. That must have been a year or two ago. :sunglasses:

Hi ya!
John Feltham, I agree with.
Not very clear under that sunshade, but that isn’t Del Ford, I’m pretty sure.
John…(surname starts with a ‘G’?) He played guitar if I remember and returned to gas fitting or plumbing or summat or I’m mistaken!
Holding the pint in Bob English.
Last one is Tony Phillips. Think he went into office in '91? So that pic is 90 or 91-ish I reckon.
Grief! 30 years ago.
30 years…?
Hmmm, guess I was about one year old when I took that photo then?

Hi all, yes Bob English and Tony Phillips, thank’s for that but still think the shady one is Delboy Fordy. But you took the picture so will await your decision. :sunglasses:

gerbil sb152:
Hi all, yes Bob English and Tony Phillips, thank’s for that but still think the shady one is Delboy Fordy. But you took the picture so will await your decision. :sunglasses:

Partly a bad copy. I’ll try to do a better one at weekend

Blimey, what do they put in the water in Soton? I lived there for a time as a youngster as my Dad’s side of the family were all from and living there, but I’m blowed if I can remember everybody I ran with in the 80s.

Mind you, it might be more to do with the water in other places I lived in, because I have never met anyone on here that I knew in the flesh, so to speak, despite working for more employers, north and south, than I care, or are able, to remember. :confused: :laughing:

Spardo:
Blimey, what do they put in the water in Soton? I lived there for a time as a youngster as my Dad’s side of the family were all from and living there, but I’m blowed if I can remember everybody I ran with in the 80s.

Mind you, it might be more to do with the water in other places I lived in, because I have never met anyone on here that I knew in the flesh, so to speak, despite working for more employers, north and south, than I care, or are able, to remember. :confused: [emoji38]

You drink…water?

Well that would explain it all. Drinking Water !!!. :sunglasses: ( probably been better if i had)

Franglais:

gerbil sb152:

Better?
His name still escapes me…
Keeps floating by, but I can’t quite get it back. Must be the same problem as Spardo? Too much water?
I’ll try a cure.

John Burgess…
I think…

Franglais:

Franglais:

gerbil sb152:

Better?
His name still escapes me…
Keeps floating by, but I can’t quite get it back. Must be the same problem as Spardo? Too much water?
I’ll try a cure.0

Franglais:

Ha ha, I got what you did there…‘floating by’…‘too much water’ :laughing: :laughing:

BTW, I did reply immediately to your last comment

You drink…water?

, but it went astray somehow, the water? Or grey cell deterioration. :unamused: :confused: Do you have the same trouble too, perhaps? :neutral_face:

But I blame gerbil for interrupting me. :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Im trying to dilute the water with some rouge this evening. Itll take a lot to interrupt my mission tonight.

Franglais:
Im trying to dilute the water with some rouge this evening. Itll take a lot to interrupt my mission tonight.

Cheers! Wish I could join you, but this house is ‘dry’. :cry: