Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

HRS:

MaggieD:
Hi Harvey,
I’ve been running to Belfast a lot recently so see a few Mc Burney trailers, and always think of you the other side picking them, enjoy your retirement you’ve earned it.
Regards
Richard

Thanks Richard,
When you say you run to Belfast, do you live in Ulster or south. Harvey

Hi Harvey,

I’ve been doing a contract for an American company collecting Romsey and delivering in Belfast city centre for the last few weeks, but Stena Line have had the night crossing boat from Birkenhead to Belfast out of service so I’ve been going Holyhead - Dublin and driving up, that 02.40 boat out of Holyhead is great !! but ok as I can get back to Dublin for the 14.30 boat the same day,also got some Paris and Amsterdam deliveries coming up so Kevin and Charlie might well be dusting their passports soon !!

Regards
Richard

MaggieD:

HRS:

MaggieD:
Hi Harvey,
I’ve been running to Belfast a lot recently so see a few Mc Burney trailers, and always think of you the other side picking them, enjoy your retirement you’ve earned it.
Regards
Richard

Thanks Richard,
When you say you run to Belfast, do you live in Ulster or south. Harvey

Hi Harvey,

I’ve been doing a contract for an American company collecting Romsey and delivering in Belfast city centre for the last few weeks, but Stena Line have had the night crossing boat from Birkenhead to Belfast out of service so I’ve been going Holyhead - Dublin and driving up, that 02.40 boat out of Holyhead is great !! but ok as I can get back to Dublin for the 14.30 boat the same day,also got some Paris and Amsterdam deliveries coming up so Kevin and Charlie might well be dusting their passports soon !!

Regards
Richard

Richard. I’ve got me klompen out of the wardrobe. My wallet and chain. And last but not least

Me DKV card. I’m ready willing and able. How’s about you Kevin? Give us a ring Richard Regards Charlie

:laughing: :laughing:

robthedog:

DEANB:
Not sure where Tom Parker dairies were from in Hampshire. Anyone recognise the truck / name ■■

They had a depot in Redlands Lane Fareham and I think there were a few other depots around that area wickham shirrel Heath way

Were they into haulage as well, or is this Dennis wagon a different firm ?

Regards John.

old 67:

robthedog:

DEANB:
Not sure where Tom Parker dairies were from in Hampshire. Anyone recognise the truck / name ■■

They had a depot in Redlands Lane Fareham and I think there were a few other depots around that area wickham shirrel Heath way

Regards John.

Same company John. …could be animal feed for the farms they had.

Fergie47:

old 67:

robthedog:

DEANB:

Regards John.

Same company John. …could be animal feed for the farms they had.

Or spuds they grew, Buzzer

Here are a couple more of Tom Parker’s one a new AEC Mercury with insulated tank supplied by Stringers of Pompy and an old horse drawn milk float that I once went to view with intentions of buying but it had a stupid price tag and now has been restored to its former glory but has a car hitch now probably for promotion events, Buzzer

DDqG7rFW0AAfueC.jpg

Tom Parker’s AEC looks new in the pic Buzzer.

This pic was tiny so enlarged it but crap quality.

soton 1986.PNG

Thanks Dean, but re-awakening memories of the Crusader would not help it sell in the Arab world, and calling it Lionheart after a king who had little to do with Britain, not even France, as he spoke little of either country’s language, is hardly a reason to drape it in the Union flag. :unamused:

However, they are very keen on him round here, as he was killed just up the road while trying to conquer yet more territory. :laughing:

Buzzer:
Here are a couple more of Tom Parker’s one a new AEC Mercury with insulated tank supplied by Stringers of Pompy and an old horse drawn milk float that I once went to view with intentions of buying but it had a stupid price tag and now has been restored to its former glory but has a car hitch now probably for promotion events, Buzzer

The second part of this article is about the AEC of Tom Parker’s. :wink:

Click on page once or twice to read.

Some from our neck of the woods, Buzzer.

gettyimages-mr_00055709-640x640.jpg

4685627062_3d478e2929.jpg

Got sent these two by a French friend, both Southampton related

Rumour had it that Charlie was stripping old mobility scooters, joining them together, to start a new bus service in Alton, I didn’t believe it, but… :unamused:

Fergie47:
Got sent these two by a French friend, both Southampton related

With a background shot of my old girl, the Mary. You can’t see me, I would have been battened down deep in the foc’s’le behind that drag. :unamused: An iconic old girl to look at, but a cow to work in. :imp:

Was that you riding shotgun Senior■■? Were you out to test the durability of a King trailer?

received_2170767429850648.jpeg

Fergie47:
Rumour had it that Charlie was stripping old mobility scooters, joining them together, to start a new bus service in Alton, I didn’t believe it, but… :unamused:

I’m sorry Dave that you felt it necessary to blow my little enterprise wide open.

My silent partner the Earl of Wellow won’t be happy either. He isn’t declaring this

little enterprise on his tax returns. On a truer note. Alton Transportation is actually

an American company. Another tax dodge. Hope all is well with you and yours.

Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

charlie one:

Fergie47:

I’m sorry Dave that you felt it necessary to blow my little enterprise wide open.

My silent partner the Earl of Wellow won’t be happy either. He isn’t declaring this

little enterprise on his tax returns. On a truer note. Alton Transportation is actually

an American company. Another tax dodge. Hope all is well with you and yours.

Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

It’s a fine looking machine you’ve got there Charles, I can now see the reason for “collecting” all those fuel cards from friends and ex employers… you’re gonna need them with that bus.
Are you doing a collect and delivery service to the Wheatsheaf, she’s a bit big to park outside, best get Monty to clear a space on Shedfield common. Don’t worry about Q.C Evans, I’ve still got the negatives with our neighbours sheep from his last visit, he won’t pull his money out of your little scam, I mean project… :wink:

Buzzer:
Some from our neck of the woods, Buzzer.

The Merrick connection with Jameson -both were based in Heywood-goes back to the 60’s when Merricks had a Guy Invincible in Jameson colours running a trunk to Southampton. Though Merricks always had a close relationship with Jamesons,there was never any financial connection. Jameson was able to expand rapidly on the back of Merrick,J.A. Leach & others.Merricks always had their own traffics from Manchester to the South Coast-particularly multi drop loads from a large own brand cleaning materials manufacturer but developed their own back loading contacts from Southampton. A Merrick portacabin was located in Jameson’s yard
Merrick’s also had a Datsun franchise in Heywood.

Last seen on Le Havre’s Quai de Southampton(Page 462), Harvey’s Foden twin steer is immediately behind the Trader in the 4th picture

Très bon tracteur année 90 vendue aux forains

Robert76:

Robert76: