Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

Charlie I see your tuned in is the lecky cheaper in Alton at night its time you took your medicine and got to bed mate, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Charlie I see your tuned in is the lecky cheaper in Alton at night its time you took your medicine and got to bed mate, Buzzer.

Good evening Buzzer. I’ve got too much going on at the moment. What with the Kickboxing

The Rugby training. And of course my ■■■■■■ work. I’ve got very little time for anything else!

Looking forward to the Bash. I’m going to buy all my friends a drink. Shouldn’t cost me a lot eh?

Hope all is well with you and yours. Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Bonjour a tous

Robert76:
Bonjour a tous

Bonjour Robert, bienvenue au forum. Tu va bien?

Hi all and yes greeting’s to Robert i remember you from the day’s gone bye when i was working for STS and then R&A freight. I believe we had a couple of meal’s together in Marseille when we used to do custom’s in eurohaul’s yard. I think you were there when my truck got broke into outside the yard the driver from Le Havre was there with his Doberman dog. Happy day’s. :sunglasses:

Bonjour robert76. Bienvenue au notre forum.

gerbil: Yeah Charity Farm is over the road from Tom’s patch, he also owns just up the road to the north of Charity farm

Hi all, on the HGV renewal form they ask about old convitions how far back do you need to go. Got done twice in the mid 70’s but not got a clue where or how much i was fine’d. :laughing:

Merci pour m’avoir accepté salut a tous beaucoup de souvenirs avec les chauffeurs j’ai vue beaucoup de photos super le joker souvenirs Gary

gerbil sb152:
Hi all, on the HGV renewal form they ask about old convitions how far back do you need to go. Got done twice in the mid 70’s but not got a clue where or how much i was fine’d. :laughing:

Gerbil don’t put anything, I just done mine and think it better to put nought they are more interested in breaking hours and dangerous driving and if that were the case none of us would have a licence today. All on a digit card nowadays as far as hours were concerned , personally I liked the old logbooks especially when you had two you could always get home. Used to carry a little six inch ruler to do the lines straight then when you got an inspection they thought he’s neat and tidy and would not think of going over time, MH moments there Kev, cheers Buzzer. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Buzzer:

gerbil sb152:

Gerbil don’t put anything, I just done mine and think it better to put nought they are more interested in breaking hours and dangerous driving and if that were the case none of us would have a licence today. All on a digit card nowadays as far as hours were concerned , personally I liked the old logbooks especially when you had two you could always get home. Used to carry a little six inch ruler to do the lines straight then when you got an inspection they thought he’s neat and tidy and would not think of going over time, MH moments there Kev, cheers Buzzer. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Only two? My introduction to the evil arts was at Ilkeston Haulage when I stopped at a cafe just outside Hull with an old hand on the job. I was desperate to eat but he wouldn’t order till we had sorted the log sheets (not books). The table was covered in different sheets each telling a different story. As long as you had the ‘current’ one to hand you were ok, but there was no defence against a ‘silent check’. Fortunately, never had one of those. :smiley:

Salut Robert76: Montez les photos ici. Nous asperons! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Heres one for “DISPATCHER”

Hills of Botley.

Click on pages twice to read.

Harvey will remember Barry Pudney who was in the parts dept. at Princes,he came to work at Stringers briefly as his knowledge of AEC parts was extensive, he returned to Princes after about 12 months.
Regards
Richard
[/quote]
Good morning Richard,
Yes, remember them well, is he retired now ■■? think Martin, workshop manager passed away, not sure.
4 more shifts for me and thats it, CPC runs out and I cant make any more excuses to stay in the game.
It has all changed so much and not in my opinion for the better so its now for the kids to do there bit, God !!! ive got underpants older than some of them. Harvey

Hi Harvey,

I’ve been running to Belfast a lot recently so see a few Mc Burney trailers, and always think of you the other side picking them, enjoy your retirement you’ve earned it.

Regards
Richard

Hi all, Richard looking at trailer’s,you wouldn’t be thinking of starting up again would you. :sunglasses:

gerbil sb152:
Hi all, Richard looking at trailer’s,you wouldn’t be thinking of starting up again would you. :sunglasses:

Kevin. You might have the good looks and the blonde hair and the physical

Body of a Greek God but I’ve got something you cannot get. A DKV card!

Richard will be all over me like a rash! Sorry mate Get in the queue. I still

might buy you a beer at the bash. Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Charlie i might be able to get my hand’s on a euroshell card if i can we could have a proper knees up. :stuck_out_tongue:

MaggieD:
Hi Harvey,
I’ve been running to Belfast a lot recently so see a few Mc Burney trailers, and always think of you the other side picking them, enjoy your retirement you’ve earned it.
Regards
Richard

Thanks Richard,
When you say you run to Belfast, do you live in Ulster or south. Harvey

eurohaul 2007.jpg

Phil Dibden (RIP) in the early nineties.