Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

pv83:
Was that you riding shotgun Senior■■? Were you out to test the durability of a King trailer?

If I’d have been testing it, I’d have put 2 on… :unamused:

And 1 on the swan neck…

Calfon achte les camions neuf avec volante au gauche en Angleterre depuis matricule en France. Moins cher en Angleterre. :smiley:

gazzer:
Calfon achte les camions neuf avec volante au gauche en Angleterre depuis matricule en France. Moins cher en Angleterre. :smiley:

Merde aloes. Je never knew that Merci mon gar. Regardez. Charlie :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I bet you used google translate for that Mush!

gazzer:
I bet you used google translate for that Mush!

Je did not! Remember I’m Old School. Je can parole comme Les Charles
Cest bonnie nest par. Actually I can speak. English Yiddish and Rubbish.
What a cunning linguist. Regards Grande Charlemagne :laughing: :laughing:

Carlos le Roi d’Alton!

Hendy Lennox advert 1980.

soton lennox psoton.PNG

Hi all has anyone broke the news to Mr shepard that we are descending on him on Sunday. :sunglasses:

gerbil sb152:
Hi all has anyone broke the news to Mr shepard that we are descending on him on Sunday. :sunglasses:

Knowing Mr S he’s already counted the takings, Buzzer

Can I bring me dog? He’s all I’ve got in the world. I’m not

looking for sympathy. However as most of you know I’m

only a poor old pensioner who is down on his luck I’m not

going to make a song and dance about it. However if any

of you nice lorry drivers have got any cake or meat pies

Then they will be gratefull received! Looking forward to

Sunday. I really need to get out more eh?

Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Hi all, shut up Charlie you will have me in tears in a minuet. See you Sunday mate all being well and wind in the right direction. :sunglasses:

gerbil sb152:
Hi all, shut up Charlie you will have me in tears in a minuet. See you Sunday mate all being well and wind in the right direction. :sunglasses:

Ok Kev. See you on Sunday. I’m feeling better now I’ve got your message.

Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Should there be any apathy on behalf of the Landlord of the venue I’m sure there is the appetite for a different location! Wouldn’t take much!

OK but don’t blame me or get upset when i remind you what i said. :sunglasses:

gazzer:
Should there be any apathy on behalf of the Landlord of the venue I’m sure there is the appetite for a different location! Wouldn’t take much!

Yeh good idea lets have somewhere with wheelchair access, if not needed on the way in it could be needed on the way out, Buzzer.

Buzzer:

gazzer:

Yeh good idea lets have somewhere with wheelchair access, if not needed on the way in it could be needed on the way out, Buzzer.

So what’s it to be? I haven’t got any more room on me buggy for any extra

batteries.I could just make Soton. Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Is that enough to get to Soton Charlie1, then a full recharge back to Alton or a round trip?

gazzer:
Is that enough to get to Soton Charlie1, then a full recharge back to Alton or a round trip?

Only one way Gazzer. Haven’t thought of getting back.

Better get back to the drawing board. Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Hi all, just found pictures on the rawling’s thread of the first reunion it was 10 year’s ago 2009 who would have thought it would keep going that long.10 years of the same stories, but most are good enough to repeat time after time. It’s sad that there is a few that were at the first will not be here this year. See you all tomorrow. :sunglasses:

How about Eric Baker and his homemade trailers.They were heavy! Back to Jameson.Charlie was a hard man but fair.Really good work.Good money and you ran legal which in the mid seventies was a bit of an abnormality.Only job I ever had the sack from. Will post the story about that when I get more time.