Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

Stroker that Pat and Jim got me ■■■■■■ on calvados, no sleeper cab just boards across the engine hump. Always lock your doors as if you don’t and you were leaning in to the edge you end up sliding out the cab into the ditch, you only do that once. Frank Allen was my immediate neighbour for several years but now I think he’s gone to France to live with Tim his son, born in 1929 he is knocking on now. Did a road test in a Foden before I got the job only 800 yds that was enough when we got back to yard there was a Mandator in the corner and I said I can drive that and got the job, over to the place next door got me foam bed from Declarmink and away I went, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Stroker that Pat and Jim got me ■■■■■■ on calvados, no sleeper cab just boards across the engine hump. Always lock your doors as if you don’t and you were leaning in to the edge you end up sliding out the cab into the ditch, you only do that once. Frank Allen was my immediate neighbour for several years but now I think he’s gone to France to live with Tim his son, born in 1929 he is knocking on now. Did a road test in a Foden before I got the job only 800 yds that was enough when we got back to yard there was a Mandator in the corner and I said I can drive that and got the job, over to the place next door got me foam bed from Declarmink and away I went, Buzzer.

Buzzer, the pic that you put on of the PBC Mandator was the off loading of Trucklines Poole Antelope on arrival in Poole on its maiden voyage from Cherbourg in 1973. The driver was probably Ray Marden from Warminster, a much respected member of our team.
Buzzer, we must get together for a chat, I am in West End and have not met you as yet. Regards Stroker.

Stroker 156 DOT:

Buzzer:

Buzzer, the pic that you put on of the PBC Mandator was the off loading of Trucklines Poole Antelope on arrival in Poole on its maiden voyage from Cherbourg in 1973. The driver was probably Ray Marden from Warminster, a much respected member of our team.
Buzzer, we must get together for a chat, I am in West End and have not met you as yet. Regards Stroker.

That would be good mate I live in School Road, Bursledon so we are not a million miles apart, retired now but busy doing all sorts but time out for tea and a chat that will make us both feel old for sure, let me know when it suits you and we will try and arrange summit, Buzzer.

Buzzer:

Stroker 156 DOT:

Buzzer:

That would be good mate I live in School Road, Bursledon so we are not a million miles apart, retired now but busy doing all sorts but time out for tea and a chat that will make us both feel old for sure, let me know when it suits you and we will try and arrange summit, Buzzer.

Buzzer, anytime after monday is fine as unable to move in West End due to the blasted cricket going on. Stroker

Buzzer:

Stroker 156 DOT:

Buzzer:

Bad move Buzzer putting your “Stately Home” address into the public domain ! With your well documented hatred ( justified) of all things EU I can see your lane being infested with Sad Remainers, Lib Dems and assorted Greens and professional protesters ! I can imagine your other and better 'alf getting a right hump if this were to happen ! Cheers Bewick.

Bewick:

Buzzer:

Stroker 156 DOT:

Buzzer:

Bad move Buzzer putting your “Stately Home” address into the public domain ! With your well documented hatred ( justified) of all things EU I can see your lane being infested with Sad Remainers, Lib Dems and assorted Greens and professional protesters ! I can imagine your other and better 'alf getting a right hump if this were to happen ! Cheers Bewick.

Dennis,like most things,addresses are freely available on the tinternet!

David

Dennis it used to be all about free speech a thing of the past nowadays as you cant really say what you want, if one feels strongly about a certain subject you should be able to air your views with out being penalised for doing so. You can tell our gaff anyways by the smell of swine crap and steer ■■■ but it don’t bother me as I izz used to it plus a wacking great heap of haylage might give it away as well. Buzzer

Buzzer:
Dennis it used to be all about free speech a thing of the past nowadays as you cant really say what you want, if one feels strongly about a certain subject you should be able to air your views with out being penalised for doing so. You can tell our gaff anyways by the smell of swine crap and steer ■■■ but it don’t bother me as I izz used to it plus a wacking great heap of haylage might give it away as well. Buzzer

Well John you’ve given me an idea which no doubt you have already thought of, if the Proles ever did bother you why you could load up the ■■■■ tank with pig ■■■■■ and run up and down the lane a time or two, that usually works ! Plus it’s bio degradable so it will soon wash a way ! Cheers Dennis.

A good few at the Bash… Some I recognise, some not. Would that be Rob Bartlett in the red jumper?
Some interesting times with him in the past … Looking older like us all.

And Scorey P. A mentor to me and many others I’m sure. Looking well at 84… Wonder what the secret is?

So Frank Allen is 89 JD? Tim must be in his 70’s by now I guess…

Hope Charlie one is ok…

Baldrick1953:
A good few at the Bash… Some I recognise, some not. Would that be Rob Bartlett in the red jumper?
Some interesting times with him in the past … Looking older like us all.

And Scorey P. A mentor to me and many others I’m sure. Looking well at 84… Wonder what the secret is?

So Frank Allen is 89 JD? Tim must be in his 70’s by now I guess…

Hope Charlie one is ok…

Baldrick, Frank Allen was born July 1929 so in his 90th year, Tim Allen I am sure is 64.
Regards,stroker.

Buzzer:

Morning john,
You once said to me its a small world aint it,!!! My folks are buried in St Leonards church yard just down the road, they lived in Hill Place. Harvey

Ah, thanks Stroker… I always thought Tim had a few years on me…
I always found him decent enough to work for.
Hope things are quieter now the cricket has finished :unamused:

HRS:

Buzzer:

Morning john,
You once said to me its a small world aint it,!!! My folks are buried in St Leonards church yard just down the road, they lived in Hill Place. Harvey

Harvey my name is in that St Leonards record book as well as that is the church I got married in over 40 years ago as my wife is born and bred in Bursledon, when you were a salesman at Princes there was Gordon Crittell as well as you and one other Eric Pettit and he also resided for a time in this village so definitely a small world eh. Not for getting dear old happy to help Roger Leppard the junior salesman, Cheers John D.

Charlie 1 and his oignons from Buzzer, delivered.

gazzer:

Opened a jar this week, only a 2lb er have to quality control before " snapper " gets his you understand and they are good to go after only 3 weeks, enjoy Charlie cheers Buzzer.

Buzzer:

gazzer:

Opened a jar this week, only a 2lb er have to quality control before " snapper " gets his you understand and they are good to go after only 3 weeks, enjoy Charlie cheers Buzzer.

Hi Buzzer. Many thanks for the shallots. Openedem up and had some for my tea together

with some strong Cheddar.Thanks also to the haulage contractor. He found his way

from Fareham to my gaff and only rang me three times for directions! Not really.

Thanks to everyone who sent me condolences. I’m really sorry to have missed the bash.

Definitely next year.Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

NMP

neversweat1:
NMP

Great shot neversweat1, remember them well.
Strange not many drivers mention the 88/89 kick out air vents, in my mind they were basic and worked well. lost um with the larger grill of course.
Harvey.

Hi all wos going on I have only been away for a week and we are on page 2 somebody must have something to say. :sunglasses:

HRS:
Morning Gazzer,
Great pics of the old timers eh !!
Pat Scorey, at 84 he must be close in my family tree, is he on line ■■? could send a PM.
Also Chris Hobart, is he related to Brian Hobart ex Whiteparish O/D and later a driver for Skylark/Budens, Romsey.
Must be good to all keep in touch, cheers, Harvey Scorey.

Morning all, Posted this a while back and while I had a reply about Brian Hobart, nothing re Pat Scorey.
Been looking at my family tree and need more info, so if anyone knows him well enough to ask, I could leave my details with someone, like Gazzer or Buzzer should he interested, Cheers, Harvey