Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

What’s the connection betweeen these 2 Companies ?

Borden.jpeg

roolechat:
What’s the connection betweeen these 2 Companies ?

The vehicles were owned by the Harris family.

Since 1935,Leicester Lovell had been producing a range of chemicals & glues at their factory in Rownhams Lane North Baddesley. The factory grew rapidly in the late 50’s & in 1961,the commencement of synthetic resin production resulted in rapid expansion. LL produced glues for every purpose (in 1963 they developed an adhesive which enabled the" boil in a bag concept" !). Though an “associate” of The Bordon Chemical Company USA,the Bordon name was only adopted in 1964. As an own account operator,the drivers enjoyed better pay & conditions than their general haulage counterparts & also had the opportunity of European deliveries (AEC Mk 5 Mandators c/w 4 in line trlrs !)
L.E.Harris were also in Rownhams Lane & in 1961 their operations included a tipper on building materials/road repairs for a local contractor as well as a flat on local work.In Nov 1961,Harris obtained the first of many Contract vehicles with Leicester Lovell/Bordon.
In Dec 1964 ,L E Harris became L E Harris(Transport)Ltd & in 1966 acquired the licence of R W Lewes of Botley Road North Baddesley.
By the late 60’s,though Bordon were a large part of the Harris operation, tipper and a van were still operated.
Bordon’s North Baddesley site was sold for housing. In 1977 Harline commenced in Southampton & were acquired by the avaricious Renwick Freight Group ( logo, eager beaver). After the demise of Renwicks (1991 ?) Harris Transport started & after Ealing Wharf,moved to Eastleigh

Harvey, I don’t have any direct contact with Pat Scorey. All I can tell you he and his father (RIP) have lived in Winchester for ever. Someone may be able to help you or Ancestry.com or simliar!

From Paul Gee’s photo collection is this 1979 Magirus Deutz supplied by Pitter Commercials to Ring Haul Transport Co from Crowe nr Ringwood.Their Southampton office operated a small number of units on traction work

Ring Haul.JPG

gazzer:
Harvey, I don’t have any direct contact with Pat Scorey. All I can tell you he and his father (RIP) have lived in Winchester for ever. Someone may be able to help you or Ancestry.com or simliar!

Thanks Gary,
I have a large Ancesrty file but no mention of a Pat Scorey, he is in there somewhere !!! cheers, Harvey

HRS:

gazzer:

Thanks Gary,
I have a large Ancesrty file but no mention of a Pat Scorey, he is in there somewhere !!! cheers, Harvey

Harvey, I understand that Scorey P. still lives in Winchester in sheltered accommodation, I have been trying to contact him for 2years or so.
Stroker.

Stroker 156 DOT: The only sure way to contact Scorey P. is to turn up at the 2019 Shedfield bash on the August bank holiday Sunday. Pat won’t miss it for the world.

Thanks Gary,
[/quote]
Harvey, I understand that Scorey P. still lives in Winchester in sheltered accommodation, I have been trying to contact him for 2years or so.
Stroker.
[/quote]
Cheers lads,
My home duties do not allow me to go south to your bash but if ok with you I will leave my details nearer the time should Pat like to make contact, Thanks. Harvey

This firm ran out of Southampton as Mammoth until the rights to that name was sold to Hovringham then it became Bulldog also Louise Bull was involved some where then I think they moved to Andover and believe John Ward ran it all but I may be corrected on any of the above, Buzzer

Evening Buzzer and Maggie D,
Looking after this Old Soton Haulier, Me on left holding my belly in, Fergie47 and PV83 on right, had a good week and a good laugh!

IMG_20181005_100504.jpg

pete smith:
Looking after this Old Soton Haulier, Me on left holding my belly in, Fergie47 and PV83 on right, had a good week and a good laugh!

I thought it was three escaped convicts [emoji3][emoji3]

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

jsutherland:

pete smith:

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

Johnny you have just give the game away, Patrick escaped at 10am this morning with the loot!

pete smith:

Hi Pete,

The 3 Amigo’s, I hope Liz survived the diesel fumes and km’s covered by you all,hope wippersnapper behaved himself,and didn’t wet the bed.

Safe journey back to my birthplace.

Regards
Richard

MaggieD:

pete smith:

Hi Pete,

The 3 Amigo’s, I hope Liz survived the diesel fumes and km’s covered by you all,hope wippersnapper behaved himself,and didn’t wet the bed.

Regards
Richard

Hi Richard,
Patrick fled this morning but has kept Chateau Fergie dry!
Liz has kept us all on the straight and narrow and I’m off in the morning to catch the tub at Roscoff at 3pm!
Cheer’s Pete

jsutherland:

pete smith:

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

Don’t you’ve got some Scanny pic’s to attend to Johnny… :unamused: :unamused:

pete smith:

MaggieD:

pete smith:

Hi Pete,

Regards
Richard

Hi Richard,
Liz has kept us all on the straight and narrow and I’m off in the morning to catch the tub at Roscoff at 3pm!
Cheer’s Pete

Hiya Richard, you’re alright mate.

Didn’t forget to put me nappies on this time, so all went well…

Told you I look after the elderly Pete, got my arm wrapped around Senior, just to hold him up right :wink:

pv83:

jsutherland:

pete smith:

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

Don’t you’ve got some Scanny pic’s to attend to Johnny… :unamused: :unamused:

Patrick,
Keep your eye on Johnny’s timeline, he will be walking round on all three’s when I post these Scanny pics on there!

pv83:

pete smith:

MaggieD:

pete smith:

Hi Pete,

Regards
Richard

Hi Richard,
Cheer’s Pete

Hiya Richard, you’re alright mate.

Didn’t forget to put me nappies on this time, so all went well…

Told you I look after the elderly Pete, got my arm wrapped around Senior, just to hold him up right :wink:

No comment, I’m still here remember! :smiley:

pete smith:

jsutherland:

pete smith:

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

Johnny you have just give the game away, Patrick escaped at 10am this morning with the loot!

Looks like you guys had some nice weather. I haven’t seen much sun here in North Yorkshire.

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny