Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

Fergie47:

Badger:
Sun Arch Romsey when it was the A31 now A3090 & its shrunk to 10’ 3"
I’ve directed a few foreigners thru at 4m but the Ocado vans struggle thru the middle at 9’
Jeremy
taken from Faceb

The registration number on that motor would be worth a few shillings today… :wink:

Yes Dave. Harry Potter Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Charlie who did Harry Potter drive for, I don’t recall him at all Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Charlie who did Harry Potter drive for, I don’t recall him at all Buzzer.

He drove for you John…had a nickname, like, Map, or Appo, something like that, bit of a wizard I heard… :unamused:

Bugger !! been sussed… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

When i lived behind the Sun Pub, I used to take the short cut under the arch with The Joker. It was over the 10’3" flashing lights threshold but I found that if I went past the sensors over 30mph they didn’t trigger the warning lights. Therefore I thought I was OK and didn’t attract any unwanted attention. Knocked 7 mins off the long way round!

gazzer:
When i lived behind the Sun Pub, I used to take the short cut under the arch with The Joker. It was over the 10’3" flashing lights threshold but I found that if I went past the sensors over 30mph they didn’t trigger the warning lights. Therefore I thought I was OK and didn’t attract any unwanted attention. Knocked 7 mins off the long way round!

Gary
2 accounts of breaking the law, speeding & ignoring a warning sign
tut tut!!
Jeremy

Correct Jeremy. Shouts of “Book 'im Danno”! Yeah I couldn’t say I had to speed to pass the light beam. It was the exhaust stack that set it off! Just to save 7 mins! I hope that geezer from Wellow does defence not prosecution!

robthedog:
One of Pats, anyone recognise the driver

One of Pats real early motors I reckon the driver is Tony Burgess RIP but pic bit blurred !!
R Jimski

A03261p.JPG
pitter.jpg

roolechat:

Nice to keep the Southampton thread on the front page but this a replay of the PAUL GEE PHOTO COLLECTION mate, make sure you got permission as DEANB asked for people not to do this back a while as Paul Gee does not like it. No offence roolechat best check first eh, cheers Buzzer.

robthedog:

roolechat:

Nice to keep the Southampton thread on the front page but this a replay of the PAUL GEE PHOTO COLLECTION mate, make sure you got permission as DEANB asked for people not to do this back a while as Paul Gee does not like it. No offence roolechat best check first eh, cheers Buzzer.

RTD if you post on here make sure you have the balls to use your own name and not make out it was me who posted hope “roolechat” understands, as I said no offence you just carry on and maybe DEANB & Paul Gee will withdraw his collection wonderful as it is, just respect what they asked for
or get there permission to repost, simples Buzzer.

Buzzer:

robthedog:

roolechat:

RTD if you post on here make sure you have the balls to use your own name and not make out it was me who posted hope “roolechat” understands, as I said no offence you just carry on and maybe DEANB & Paul Gee will withdraw his collection wonderful as it is, just respect what they asked for

Just thought i’d save you a job John

Hi All
Come on we were on page 2 what would Pat (RIP) say
Cheers
Rich

Unfortunately I’ve got nothing to say at the moment Rich. However you are right mate.

Come on lads,you must have some more stories. Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Hi all, Lets see if I can kick start it back.
About 12 years ago, an old pall of mine was on night shift at Pentalver in the docks ( Container lift maintenance) when about 4 in the morning the gate bell rang.
A driver had turned up and having been told come back at 7 when open he said, “any place near I can park this lot up till then”.
He had come down from the midland with 6 trucks behind him and none of them could speak any English what-so-ever and he did not want them to get split up because they also could not read English.
Can you imagine what would have hapened if they got split up, found it hard to believe but I am sure you lads would know about this stuff, cheers Harvey

tribsa:
Hi All
Come on we were on page 2 what would Pat (RIP) say
Cheers
Rich

Well I’ve been trying copying bits across etc just as pat did from Marcus scrapbook but Sir JD didn’t approve so I shall not bother anymore
Rob

Buzzer:

robthedog:

roolechat:

I don’t think there’s been any objection to us distributing his pics throughout this TN forum chaps! As I understood it, the objection was to people posting his pics on other forums with the copyright name removed

• now that’s a vastly different thing altogether! :wink: Robert

ERF-NGC-European:

Buzzer:

robthedog:

roolechat:

I don’t think there’s been any objection to us distributing his pics throughout this TN forum chaps! As I understood it, the objection was to people posting his pics on other forums with the copyright name removed

• now that’s a vastly different thing altogether! :wink: Robert

Thanks Robert,
That was exactly my understanding of it as well, and as clearly can be seen I’ve always left the photo untouched with cw in place.

Paul Gee’s photos can be posted on here ! No worries with people using the pics as long as the copyright is
left in place. Someone was posting them on facebook and taking the copy right off,and that ■■■■■■ Paul
off ! :wink:

However if i am asking about who a truck belonged to i would expect an answer on the thread !
cheers Dean :wink:

DEANB:
Paul Gee’s photos can be posted on here ! No worries with people using the pics as long as the copyright is
left in place. Someone was posting them on facebook and taking the copy right off,and that ■■■■■■ Paul
off ! :wink:

However if i am asking about who a truck belonged to i would expect an answer on the thread !
cheers Dean :wink:

Thanks for clearing that up Dean,
I, wonder if an apology will be forthcoming from a certain person.