Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

It was Fred Emery? & Colin Glasspool
Colin’s son Eugene was on here but have seen any posts lately
Jeremy

Badger:
Jeremy

Thanks Badger, the name Emery made me think of the terrible three, H I L transport, Hilton, Emery,Lane. Tony Hilton, Les Emery and Ken Lane.
Was Colin Glasspool involved with any other companies ■■ cheers, Harvey

HRS:

Badger:
Jeremy

Thanks Badger, the name Emery made me think of the terrible three, H I L transport, Hilton, Emery,Lane. Tony Hilton, Les Emery and Ken Lane.
Was Colin Glasspool involved with any other companies ■■ cheers, Harvey

Woops !!! H.E.L Transport

Harvey
I can remember Colin working at Calor when Dad was on Monkton’s then they both work for Conoco at Micheldever then Colin went into partnership with Fred, then Partrans then worked for us the end up back at Calor.
Jeremy

Many thanks for all the information about Emery & Glasspool BUT has any one got any pictures of the said company ■■
Buzzer have you got any of the 88 you had off them before it went into your livery ■■

Happy New Year to you all ! Let’s hope it’s a good 'n !! :unamused:
R Jimmer

Jimski:
Many thanks for all the information about Emery & Glasspool BUT has any one got any pictures of the said company ■■
Buzzer have you got any of the 88 you had off them before it went into your livery ■■

R Jimmer

Jim
There was a couple put on by Eugene awhile ago. I remember the 88 was red. I think Colin had a Seddon then a new 86. I tried to contact Eugene to tell Colin that my Dad had died but the pm didn’t go as member not recognized?
Jeremy

Sent from my VFD 500 using Tapatalk

Badger:

Jimski:

R Jimmer

Jim
There was a couple put on by Eugene awhile ago. I remember the 88 was red. I think Colin had a Seddon then a new 86. I tried to contact Eugene to tell Colin that my Dad had died but the pm didn’t go as member not recognized?
Jeremy

Thanks Badger I’ll see what comes up
R Jim.

Cfat
Millbrook calmore ind est Totton

robthedog:
Cfat

Hi Robthedog, happy new year to you and yours.
Would you know if the Crowle brothers still own and run the company.
Eldest David, then Colin and then Ted. Harvey

HRS:

robthedog:
Cfat

HRS I believe it is still run by the croll family probably different generation though, Mark Paul and Colin

IIRC Colin was ginger haired and the Transport Manager or responsible for maintenance of vehicles.

One of Pats, anyone recognise the driver

Badger:

Jimski:

R Jimmer

Jim
Jeremy

who was your dad so i can let my dad know.
eugene glasspool colins son

Eugeneno1:

Eugeneno1:

Badger:

Buzzer:
Badger you mentioned Colin Glasspool well I bought an F88 from him, it was behind a shop in North Baddesley think it sold hardware and that would have been circa late 70’s XBF500M a 240 engine in her as was tutheren, the picture below is in France somewhere on our way to Italy. The names on the trucks were “The Incredible Hulk” which I bought from Meachers OTR37M & “Yanky Doodle Dandy” from Colin cant tell which is which here but Stan Mathews RIP was driving the other one along with me, cheers Buzzer.

John
that the lorry I went in we tip An EAST trailer in Fos sur Mer then Colin reload Apples from Peyrolles for the Old Spitalfields, after He sold the F88 I remember he went to Partrans, He also work for us for 6 months driving my old DAF 2300 before we sold it. Colin & my Dada work at Conoco at Micheldever before they both set up on there own in 74ish.
I think Colin still lives in Baddesley but on the other side of the road & traffic lights, He was in a motorised wheelchair the last time I saw him.
regards
Jeremy

Hi that’s my dad Colin glasspool he still lives in North Baddesley and he would love to be able to talk to some of you drivers that knew him as he’s been in a wheel chair for many years now and also been quite poorly but he’s on the mend now. I have a few photos of that lorry I will figure out how to up load them on here.

‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’’
hi badger
just looked back and found this post from a while ago and realised your dad was tony robberts.
I will let my dad know that hes past.
regards eugene

RHM From Soton docks

robthedog:

HRS:

robthedog:
Cfat

HRS I believe it is still run by the croll family probably different generation though, Mark Paul and Colin

Hi mate, We all whent to redbridge primery school, ( the little one by the side of millbrook road ) about 1949, both families lived in Brookwood road, God has it all changed.
Just heard from Colin, ( back then it was just thier dad Wally on his own ) David and Ted retired 18 years ago, David passed away 3 years ago.
Colin has been in the chair for 57 years, his sons Mark and Paul work for the firm also.
They have depots throughout uk and works in Germany and Kuwait with over 1000 people.
All from 1940 + amazing eh !!
Harvey

One of pitters ? Local reg looks like along town quay

robthedog:
One of pitters ? Local reg looks like along town quay

Nice to keep the Southampton thread on the front page but this a replay of the PAUL GEE PHOTO COLLECTION mate, make sure you got permission as DEANB asked for people not to do this back a while as Paul Gee does not like it. No offence RTD best check first eh, cheers Buzzer.

Sun Arch Romsey when it was the A31 now A3090 & its shrunk to 10’ 3"
I’ve directed a few foreigners thru at 4m but the Ocado vans struggle thru the middle at 9’
Jeremy

DD car carrier 204.jpg
DD car carrier 204.jpg
taken from Faceb

Badger:
Sun Arch Romsey when it was the A31 now A3090 & its shrunk to 10’ 3"
I’ve directed a few foreigners thru at 4m but the Ocado vans struggle thru the middle at 9’
Jeremy
taken from Faceb

The registration number on that motor would be worth a few shillings today… :wink: