London lorry fines

Hello everybody!!It seems like i’m in trouble…just wonder how deep!!
I’ve done the same run to London 4 nights this week,into the same place,took the same route everyday…and the company have received a fine today saying that on my second day i went through a weight limit for specific hours of the day.550£!!!they will reduce it to half if paid in 14 days…i haven’t seen any proof of said letter,they will post it to me.
now the questions…is it the company who should pay the fine or me??
am i gonna get points on my licence??
Should i expect the fines for the other 3 days??

If anyone has been on the same situation,or have good advice and could shed some light i’d highly appreciate it.
Thanks.

In the post tomorrow will be your fines for days 1,3 and 4! Night times in town sat nav should be left at home and stick to un restricted routes!

were you aware of the lorry ban scheme
does the company always do that run
where were youcoming from

check out transport for london website

That’s spooky…one of our night drivers does Smithfield market every night then goes down to Brake Bros at Aylesford,has been going the same route for 18 months with no problems then last week the firm gets 2 fines for going down a lorry ban road on 2 separate nights…£600 in total :open_mouth: …never heard a thing before these fines

Probably got a new Anpr camera up somewhere on route, or a stiff local has been moaning and they have set up some sort of surveillance.

They have officers on patrol I went the same route for about two years then got caught. What you need to do is get the route map work out the route there using approved roads as much as possible then only come off them at the point that means least running on ban routes.
I think at one time you may have had to submit the route don’t know if that is the case now

More info here

londonlorrycontrol.com

The penalty charge is currently £550 for hauliers and £130 for drivers. These charges are reduced by 50% if paid within 14 days.

MANY years ago, you could purchase a permit (green it were) that allowed you to enter night time lorry ban areas. Don’t know if it’s still available?

will i get points on my licence for it??

WTF, I’ve seen some signs up in London, I think I’ve stayed on the right side of them but try reading them properly whilst watching ALL the mirrors and in front at the same time, I’ll be [zb]ed if I’m paying £10 for a map. I’ll send off for a a FOI request for all the traffic orders :grimacing: .

Nope, no points. Just a ■■■■■■■ hefty fine, and yes you can still get night permits.

A driver on the firm got done 2 nights on the trott, and because they had asked him to do it they paid it. However another colleague went into the city early because he wanted to finish early, got caught, and the company made him pay it.

Suppose it depends on who you work for

Owen

Ian58:
The penalty charge is currently £550 for hauliers. These charges are reduced by 50% if paid within 14 days

Or basically the price of the job that the haulier has charged their customer. The haulier still has diesel, wages and the other sundries to pay for. No wonder the haulage industy is in such a state with people going bust.

Posted this nugget before but appropriate again :slight_smile:

Brake Bros north london paid out around £230+K in 2010/11 in parking fines in London !!! wtf ■■ daylight robbery, the traffic warders apparently lie in wait for the multi droppers every day to ticket them, absolute joke London is, why the hell anyone wants to live there is beyond me.

I know a bloke who lives in south London and it costs him £hundreds every year for a permit to park outside his own house. It doesn’t even guarantee him a space for his car!

We just took Newnham council to court over all the parking fines and the judge basically said “the haulier has done everything in their power to resolve this, you have done ■■■■ all, you are a bunch of ■■■■■” and found in our favour.

Our firm is based in barking and we used to use the city as a shortcut to get to the m4/m3 at 2/3/4am…did this hundreds of times till one of our lads did it and received a £500 fine …turns out its wether a CCTV operator catches you not making a delivery in the zone or not using the most direct route to get to said delivery …complete pot luck it seems :unamused:

Proves the big fines works though, no penalties and it would be a free for all, expect more of this sort of thing as the country approaches bankruptcy where increasingly the only source of govt or local authority income is to tax and penalise those diminishing number of net contributors.

Agree with the poster above who metioned London and why?, why would anybody choose to live in the dump, the only good thing about the place, and this applies to most cities, is the main roads out.

Kerbdog:

Ian58:
The penalty charge is currently £550 for hauliers. These charges are reduced by 50% if paid within 14 days

Or basically the price of the job that the haulier has charged their customer. The haulier still has diesel, wages and the other sundries to pay for. No wonder the haulage industy is in such a state with people going bust.

This +1
It’s just another scam ‘tax’, no wonder this Country is in such a ■■■■ state.

I used to work for a DIY Chemical company. I’d leave Liverpool on Monday morning 4am with 25 to 30 drops for London (24 tonne) and surrounding areas. I’d have a DIY shop in Barking on the side of the road of heading out of London. I’d start of around Aylesbury or MK, work my way into Hertfordshire before running into London. I’d get 20 or 22 drops off but could never park outside this 1 shop. They have a parking bay restriction before 10am and after 4pm but you could park there for 30 mins max between them times. So you get 10 cars parked there. However, to deliver in an artic you need 6 of them all parked next to each other to move at the same time so you could get in. I’d always have to go after 4pm as I was never there or near there before 10am and could only get outside the shop after 4pm when everyone had moved. The number of times traffic wardens would be there was crazy, not once ounce of common sense though. You’d explain to them what I just have to you lot but they’d always say, not my problem. The uncanny thing was that I used to deliver to the shop and get going again within 3 or 4 minutes which was never enough time for them to write the ticket and because they never stook the completed ticket on the windscreen it was never a valid ticket. Despite the fact that the shop was on the road heading out of London and I was there in rush hour, the road was never snarled up as it was quite wide, I wasn’t blocking anyone, there was no hold ups. Crazy. The more little shops these councils put out of business the more they will want to earn from fleecing people, the more they fleec people the more they but out of business. It will all go bang one day when nobody has any money to be fleeced, then what will they do.

i think if you go on there site you can now get an approved route on line