London Lorry Control Scheme AKA Lorry Ban

Just had a driver last week caught going down Blackheath Road at 05:49am in a 26 tonne MAN. He has been fined £65 and the operator £275!!! Be careful out there guys, you may just get caught! :open_mouth:

I got a Fine for Putney Hill Street
Sent them a Letter that i dont pay,and that they are anywhy wrong.
went along till the Hearing where Council of London didn’t go.Si i did not had to pay.
Sadly, :slight_smile: , My Agency from that Time paid there Share,but didn’t got the Money back as they dont know that i went free out of the Trouble

It’s all done with Cameras these days, so alas one isn’t ever going to get away with it.

I always check for the exemptions as part of the vehicle checks. IF there are none to be had, then a very strict around-the-houses route (usually involving the A23) is used that adds a lot of time to the trip.
The secret of course is to be on hourly pay at this point! :grimacing: :grimacing:

its just another balls ache to get money out the haulage industry i know its been around in one form or another but with london lorry ban , congestion charge ,lez traffic .n hassal why the f*** anybody wants to send a truck in to the s*** hole god knows if we all refused to go in and shops garages parcels ,etc were runing empty and not getting deliverys something might get done about it …but pigs might fly

wouldn’t take a bike into London let alone a truck forking s’hole, they don’t want wagons on their streets let the 'unts go naked and starve

I know what that feels like, I got the same amount of fine a few years back while working for a very well known container haulage firm and I had to pay the whole fine even the company’s part of the fine which I’m not sure was down to me to pay or not. A’holes!

Brooks81:
I know what that feels like, I got the same amount of fine a few years back while working for a very well known container haulage firm and I had to pay the whole fine even the company’s part of the fine which I’m not sure was down to me to pay or not. A’holes!

If I was company owner I would make you pay too, why should an operator get fine for someone who can’t read road signs :unamused:

theonlybigman:
Just had a driver last week caught going down Blackheath Road at 05:49am in a 26 tonne MAN. He has been fined £65 and the operator £275!!! Be careful out there guys, you may just get caught! :open_mouth:

Do not tell me he did not know about it.
You can get cheap map for it if you are not familliar with it and plan your route.
http://www.thepieguide.com/shop/londonlorrycontrol/london-lorry-control-drivers-guide.html

MisterStrood:

Brooks81:

If I was company owner I would make you pay too, why should an operator get fine for someone who can’t read road signs :roll:

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

how was he instructed to go to the delivery, was he given a map to help avoid it, what was his training for this…

before you start picking holes longs of leeds go through all this with you when you start and you get an orange route map to take and plan your routes.

i ■■■■■■■ hate london luckily my sat nav has it installed to avoid the ern sometimes your going right round the houses but if it keeps me out of it who cares the only thing is though they are gonna extend it again and again to try and make it work soon we will only be allowed on the 25 and thats it :smiley:

MisterStrood:

Brooks81:

If I was company owner I would make you pay too, why should an operator get fine for someone who can’t read road signs :unamused:

Because the Operator is responsible to make sure that the driver knows his responsibilities, If the operater could prove he had done this through training, then I very much doubt that they would have been fined, but the driver would have got a heavier fine.

I had to pay the whole fine even the company’s part of the fine

I’m not sure thats legal, the operator was fined for its part in your action, eg not making it clear what routes you are permitted to use. if they pass the fine onto the driver everytime, then what incentive is there to make them carry out the required training.

Another thing to watch with this lorry ban, is that you are required to travel the shortest distance within the ban area. A Meat processing company up our way had several drivers done, after the cameras were put up.What they were doing was traveling outside the ban to near as possible to the first drop before entering the ban area, but once in the ban area, then just taking the shortest route thruogh to the next drop. When they were supposed to exit the ban area and travel outside it until they were as near as possible to the next drop and re-enter. :open_mouth: what a pain but thats the rules, apparently.

jessicas dad:

MisterStrood:

Brooks81:

If I was company owner I would make you pay too, why should an operator get fine for someone who can’t read road signs :roll:

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

how was he instructed to go to the delivery, was he given a map to help avoid it, what was his training for this…

before you start picking holes longs of leeds go through all this with you when you start and you get an orange route map to take and plan your routes.

I did not know that you need extra training for map and roadsigns reading :unamused: As posted - you can get a map fort just 9.99 http://www.thepieguide.com/shop/londonlorrycontrol/london-lorry-control-drivers-guide.html Plan nit on line http://www.londonlorrycontrol.com/map/onlinemap And to avoid all the trouble ‘‘If you need to use any vehicle over 18 tonnes within the restricted area (excluding the bold highlighted roads) within the time restrictions below you need to apply for exemption for the vehicle. Exemption is free and applications should be downloaded from londonlorrycontrol.com or requested by writing to: London Lorry Control Scheme, PO Box 64528, London, SE1P 5LU.’’ - for that company can be done but if they did it than it is down to the driver.

MisterStrood:
I did not know that you need extra training for map and roadsigns reading :unamused: As posted - you can get a map fort just 9.99 .

You and I may not need training in map and road sign reading, but I stand the fact that in the eyes of a law, the Operator is required to make sure that his drivers are aware of the the rules.the best way to prove this,from the Operators side is to undertake training, back side covered. As such I reckon the Court would take a dim veiw off an Operator passing on their fine to the Driver. Only my opinion :wink:

And I have lorry ban and congestion zone maps in the back off my London atlas/map, thank all the same :wink:

Just to confirm, he did have the route explained on his induction and he is fully aware of the roads he can and cannot use. He chanced his arm and lost. A learning curve for him.

My old firm used to give you a route to follow. As long as you stuck to it you was covered.

ive been fined before too…luckily my company has paid the fine but ive been warned next time it will be out of my pocket…
that map helps a bit to plan your routes its got useful weight/height restrictions as well

Hiya…i got done £1500 for running before 7am 15 years ago. i started at 7 am when the news come on the radio
but i was well in the zone…this do gooder took my number knowing i could’nt get from the north circular to this
point in a few mins HE did’nt know where i’d been parked…the london bourough sent to my firm and my boss just
sent away my chart(pratt)… when they magnified the card to 6ft diameter it showed that i started 2 mins before 7
and wham bang £1500…IF only he hadn’t sent the card i could have got away with that as i had proof of where i’d
been parked.and they would’nt have got hold of the card
John

I got a bollocking a couple of years ago for going in before 0700. “we’ve had a fine for when you delivered to xyz because it was at 06.45” to which I pointed out that they had instructed me to be there before 0700. Obviously they’d forgotten to apply for the exemption.

The whole system is crap anyway as you can call up and get it covered as and when, apparently now we are automatically covered. Is it a ban or not?

Let them starve, when they don’t get there morning Tea or coffee and no toast maybe they will start asking questions !

MisterStrood:
I did not know that you need extra training for map and roadsigns reading :unamused: As posted - you can get a map fort just 9.99 http://www.thepieguide.com/shop/londonlorrycontrol/london-lorry-control-drivers-guide.html Plan nit on line http://www.londonlorrycontrol.com/map/onlinemap And to avoid all the trouble ‘‘If you need to use any vehicle over 18 tonnes within the restricted area (excluding the bold highlighted roads) within the time restrictions below you need to apply for exemption for the vehicle. Exemption is free and applications should be downloaded from londonlorrycontrol.com or requested by writing to: London Lorry Control Scheme, PO Box 64528, London, SE1P 5LU.’’ - for that company can be done but if they did it than it is down to the driver.

All lorrys have that, as we are in London a lot.