London Lorry Control Scheme AKA Lorry Ban

Following supermarket designated Lorry route instructions exactly on a Saturday afternoon 18 months ago, heading north on A404 towards Harrow and Wealdstone: “Take 2nd exit at roundabout Kenton rd & Watford rd onto A409.”
At traffic light obvious course is straight ahead BUT route says:
" Turn left Gayton rd, turn right and then turn left onto Station rd A 409"

If I recall correctly: 1st right St John’s rd is a dead end, 2nd right is buses only, road then becomes a T junction which is no right turn and left turn is 7.5 ton weight limit… Wonderful.

markoyl:
ive been fined before too…luckily my company has paid the fine but ive been warned next time it will be out of my pocket…
that map helps a bit to plan your routes its got useful weight/height restrictions as well

That Map is actually not fully correct,i think,and second,the Staff of London council is lazy.
1.) when you go south the A10 and turn left at cinema towards Ponders End theres no Restriction to bring you to Meridian Way and then South to A406 with just 20% of the Traffic lights you have on the A10
2.) If you travel A205 West Bound you have to stick on it in Putney,but if you travel East Bound you can go the Putney Hill Road high to the A3 I did it and hadn’t to pay as it was planned that Way.its the only possibility going from A205 East and down the A3.
There are more.
yes,when going down the A1 is when you cross the A 501 half of the Sign overhead removed. Seems is the Way they like to go down the St. johns Road to Smithfield Marked.

MisterStrood:

Brooks81:
I know what that feels like, I got the same amount of fine a few years back while working for a very well known container haulage firm and I had to pay the whole fine even the company’s part of the fine which I’m not sure was down to me to pay or not. A’holes!

If I was company owner I would make you pay too, why should an operator get fine for someone who can’t read road signs :unamused:

You ever tried turning a truck around in London . The signs dont often appear until its to late

chicane:
wouldn’t take a bike into London let alone a truck forking s’hole, they don’t want wagons on their streets let the 'unts go naked and starve

+1

I got fine about 6 months ago for being on a road nowhere near where i actually went!!! :unamused:

I was only the trucks tracking divice that could prove my innocence and so got off the fine!!! :laughing:

These TCfL patrols make up sightings and hope you have no defence!!! :imp:

chicane:
wouldn’t take a bike into London let alone a truck forking s’hole, they don’t want wagons on their streets let the 'unts go naked and starve

Eloquently put my dear Watson.

Don’t see what the big deal is, just charge 'em more to pay for a new truck, if they don’t like it they can do without.