London bridges help

Evening all. I’m after a little help please. On saturday night (01:00hrs) I have to deliver a dance floor to the Royal Albert Hall from Kent.

My most obvious route would be along the A2/A202 but I gather Vauxhaull Bridge now has a 7.5t weight limit - is this correct?

Kew Bridge looks to be my next logical option but I can’t find out if there is a weight limit on the bridge (I’ll be in a 44t artic) - any help/advice would be most appreciated.

PS. The office suggested I go via Heathrow/M4/A4 - seems like the long way around■■?

Kew is ok , why not Chelsea bridge then turn left along river front

Thanks for the OK on Kew.

I am aiming to keep my route as simple as possible as I don’t know my way around London at all well. I figured A2, A205, over Kew Bridge, A4 and into Royal Albert Hall.

Chris RM:

I am aiming to keep my route as simple as possible as I don’t know my way around London at all well. I figured A2, A205, over Kew Bridge, A4 and into Royal Albert Hall.

What height you running as there’s some low bridges on south circular east side of london

There’s no weight limit on Vauxhall bridge.

blue estate:

Chris RM:

What height you running as there’s some low bridges on south circular east side of london

13’ 10"

Don’t think Vauxhall has a weight limit on it?

freightjourneyplanner.co.uk

Go m25 then m4, stay on a4 Cromwell road then turn left just before science/natural history museums up queens gate to the top, right at lights and Albert hall is on ya right…[emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Chris RM:

blue estate:

Chris RM:

13’ 10"

Tulse hill A205 13ft 9

As truckertang said is your best route.
A4 in is your only direct route.
You must use the closest tfl route to your destination coming from Kent across any bridgeapart from kew is not a direct route.
Embankment has tfl cameras and is also weight limited.

blue estate:

Chris RM:

blue estate:

Chris RM:

13’ 10"

Tulse hill A205 13ft 9

Tulse hill is a 13’ 6" bridge.

karl67:

Chris RM:

blue estate:

Chris RM:

13’ 10"

Tulse hill A205 13ft 9

Tulse hill is a 13’ 6" bridge.
[/quote]
Then I’ve either read it wrong or Philips have got it wrong

Depends where u read it.

This bridge?

Tulse Hill used to be 13’ 9" then got lowered to 13’ 6"
Turn left 200 yards before it, Lancaster Avenue, then right at lights will take you back onto South Circular

You can still use the South Circular if you wish. You just need to follow the diversion to avoid the Tulse hill low bridge because you ARE too high. Shortly after going through the Croxted rd A2199 traffic light x roads, this will be a fork left into Lancaster avenue (the Asda lorry is using the diversion in the opposite direction in the link). Follow this road over all the speed bumps to the end and turn right onto the A125 Norwood rd. Go under the railway bridge (OK for you it is a double deck bus route) and at the traffic lights turn left back onto the A205 South Circular Westbound (Christchurch rd).

On the return trip as you come down the hill on the one way system from Christchurch rd, you need to turn right at the lights into Norwood rd again and left into Lancaster Ave again (this is a minor x roads).

The south circular is a London Boroughs compliant route.However the rest of your route will need to have been notified. That is a job your traffic office should have done, you should check, it is their job to apply for routes, not yours. You and the company can be fined. You need to be careful with the A4 since it is not compliant all the way into Central London.

google.co.uk/maps/@51.43964 … 312!8i6656

Why take the 205, stay on the a2 and follow for New Cross, and then Elephant and Castle, and over Vauxhall bridge. The bridge is not a weight limit but the one way at Victoria station is a weight limit.

truckertang:
Go m25 then m4, stay on a4 Cromwell road then turn left just before science/natural history museums up queens gate to the top, right at lights and Albert hall is on ya right…[emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Cheers - seems like my safest option! I’ll need to turn right off Queens Gate to arrive behind the Royal Albert Hall as the loading bay is (apparently) off Prince Consort Road.

Bear in mind that the Albert Hall has an underground loading bay round the back as well.

cav551:
You can still use the South Circular if you wish. You just need to follow the diversion to avoid the Tulse hill low bridge because you ARE too high. Shortly after going through the Croxted rd A2199 traffic light x roads, this will be a fork left into Lancaster avenue (the Asda lorry is using the diversion in the opposite direction in the link). Follow this road over all the speed bumps to the end and turn right onto the A125 Norwood rd.

A215.

Though, according to TfL’s own map, Lancaster Avenue is not an excluded road, so you won’t be able to use it during prohibited hours.