Logo ??

Just to let you all know what we are up to …
Since the RBI purchase of TruckNet UK we said that nothing will change.

and that still holds true, the website will remain forum based and WILL REMAIN FREE TO USE

However nothing can stand still forever especially in these days of website hackers and spam attacks. also the amount of traffic that these forums now attract is causing the software to creak a little at the edges

so we are starting to look at moving the forums from the open source software which has many inherent dangers to a new forum software package,

One thing that is guarenteed , if we cannot build these new forums with ALL the existing posts/topics/members we wont change the platform.

As we look at the new software it occurs to us that the TruckNet UK logo has been around for a number of years and some may think looks a little dated

IF we do migrate to a new forum platform we COULD take that opportunity to change the logo, However changing the logo is dependant on 2 things.

1. You the members deciding that it needs changing
  2. You the members drafting a rough new logo and agreeing which one to use, ( We may also ask the design guys at RBI to throw a couple of designs into the pot for consideration)

Lets be 100% clear here if you guys dont want it to change then say so and we will keep the existing one,

Also as we look at different forum platforms we may ask a few volunteers to test drive a couple to see which platforms/features work for you.

Please understand this is not change for changes sake but an upgrade to the software to ensure the website remains secure and on-line, it is something that would have had to happen wether we were owned by RBI or not, we already completed this very excercise a few years ago when we moved from the UBB platform to this one.

The changes of paltform is a way off yet, what we would like is your feedback on the style and look of the logo and suggestions for others if you feel the existing one should be changed.

i like the old logo personally. :smiley:

I agree, it’s pointless changing the logo unless you plan to revamp the whole site, which I hope you don’t intend to do. I’d guess that if you asked the majority of members to sketch/describe the existing logo they would not be able to do it so why change for change’s sake?

sorry rik couldnt careless about the logo.

in fact i would like a new brighter one.

this logo is great lets keep it

relly not bothered, I never look at it!

RIKKI you have a pm mate.

I like the current one btw :smiley:

I like the current logo and feel that it clearly identifies Trucknet. Lets not do a ‘BT’ and go through so many logo changes (or even one) that I couldn’t now honestly tell you what theirs is!! Quite poor for such a prominent company.

As for the DB, I can understand the need for the changes ‘behind the scenes’ however, I find the current colour scheme to be the easiest on the eye, especially after a few hours in front of the monitor. There are a couple of other sites out there with some strange background colour schemes (black, brown,!!■■!!) that my eyes can’t really handle after the first 20 minutes!!!

Keep it as it is please. :sunglasses:

Who are RBI?

marcustandy:
I like the current logo and feel that it clearly identifies Trucknet. Lets not do a ‘BT’ and go through so many logo changes (or even one) that I couldn’t now honestly tell you what there’s is!! Quite poor for such a prominent company.

As for the DB, I can understand the need for the changes ‘behind the scenes’ however, I find the current colour scheme to be the easiest on the eye, especially after a few hours in front of the monitor. There are a couple of other sites out there with some strange background colour schemes (black, brown,!!■■!!) that my eyes can’t really handle after the first 20 mins!!! Keep it as it is please.

I go along with that

Sockpuppet:
Who are RBI?

Reed Business International, the publishers of Commercial Motor and Truck & Driver among others.

marcustandy:
I like the current logo and feel that it clearly identifies Trucknet. Lets not do a ‘BT’ and go through so many logo changes (or even one) that I couldn’t now honestly tell you what there’s is!! Quite poor for such a prominent company.

As for the DB, I can understand the need for the changes ‘behind the scenes’ however, I find the current colour scheme to be the easiest on the eye, especially after a few hours in front of the monitor. There are a couple of other sites out there with some strange background colour schemes (black, brown,!!■■!!) that my eyes can’t really handle after the first 20 mins!!! Keep it as it is please.

Very well put, I agree!

Personally, I think that was a load of “corporate speak.”

Do what you want …

However nothing can stand still forever especially in these days of website hackers and spam attacks. also the amount of traffic that these forums now attract is causing the software to creak a little at the edges

so we are starting to look at moving the forums from the open source software which has many inherent dangers to a new forum software package,

Translation

RBI want to pay for a product with full technical support incase something goes wrong.

If you want any advise on how to stop the spam on phpBB software, contact me via PM and I’ll write some coding. Done if for a forum that has 45,000 members and almost 600,000 posts and managed to get the spam bots down from 20+ a day to zero.

Also, remember that phpBB 3.x.■■ has now been released that has many more features. Once again, contact me via PM for more information.

I won’t apologise for the fact that I’m able to code in php - some see it is as geeky but hey… so what.

Mark :smiley:

marcustandy:
As for the DB, I can understand the need for the changes ‘behind the scenes’ however, I find the current colour scheme to be the easiest on the eye, especially after a few hours in front of the monitor. There are a couple of other sites out there with some strange background colour schemes (black, brown,!!■■!!) that my eyes can’t really handle after the first 20 minutes!!!

You can’t beat green text on a black background!

Rikki

Keep the old logo i dont think we need to change it .

I’m quite happy with the present logo.

Besides which, if the logo changes I’ll have to buy :open_mouth: :blush: new shirts :frowning: .

i for one think the logo is need of changing
i am prepared to help with this consultation and think we need to have a brainstorming session . to get away from any outside disturbances i feel the ideal venue would be in the west indies but only if RBI are going to put it on the expenses :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
as has been said if aint broke dont fix it