Loblaw

q

russjp:

newmercman:

wire:
Loblaws, Regina to Winnipeg and back is almost 1200kms so at 90km/h surely it must take 13hrs and 20mins actual driving without any hold ups and even if it can be done in 13hrs dead that only leaves a single hour for every thing else including having a break.
I feel sure it wouldn’t be for me.

I doubt the elog is going to be popular among the Loblaws drivers :laughing:

is the elog a canadian version of our digicard over here ■■ my friend did mention something similar to this that hed been spoken to about but im sure he said it was something like a usb stick instead ■■ BTW its taking him just over 13 hours to do a run to Winnipeg and back so with all the extra time on top i reckon hell struggle to do 5 a week anyway. Choice of shift patterns though so i think hes just trying his current 5 on 3 off to see how it goes. Also apparently running a 4 on 4 off, 4 on 2 off and 6 on 2 off(obviously different work). If I end up going itll be March before i get there so plenty of time for things to improve/decline so well just see what happens - at least i wont be going into it blind like a lot of people do. :smiley:

If that’s ‘just over’ 13 hrs driving… then he WILL get caught out and could face a severe penalty and a job loss.
“i reckon he`ll struggle to do 5 a week anyway”
Then the numbers you quoted for 5 trips are irrelevant!
Good luck with Canada, but remember, there are always other companies.

q

I’m wondering how the two drivers are doing over there, didn’t they (like many others) promise to report their progress?

A mate of mine (doingmyway.blogspot.com/) is firmly ensconced there and seems to be doing very well, so hopefully they will have a positive experience as well.

mickfly:
I’m wondering how the two drivers are doing over there, didn’t they (like many others) promise to report their progress?

A mate of mine (doingmyway.blogspot.com/) is firmly ensconced there and seems to be doing very well, so hopefully they will have a positive experience as well.

My friend who is working there is loving it and doing fine, unfortunately though some idiot that he is working with from over here is blabbing his mouth in the wrong places about the job being discussed on here and it could lead to an uncomfortable position for my friend so i have deleted as much content as i can and shall be adding no further info in order to prevent this plonker for causing any further issues. Apologies for the incovenience but i have to put my friend first.

I wonder why the company wouldn’t like that lol

taffytrucker:
I wonder why the company wouldn’t like that lol

Its not really that much of an issue, the transport manager has already given detailed wage information on another forum so no information has been given that isnt already out there, just someone opening their mouth in situations where it can make life uncomfortable for my friend already there.

The wages info given out by the recruiter on one forum was less than some of the recruits were gobbing off about on a different forum :open_mouth:

I bet a tenner I can guess who the loud mouthed bell end is, in fact I could tell you the user names of two of them :laughing:

newmercman:
The wages info given out by the recruiter on one forum was less than some of the recruits were gobbing off about on a different forum :open_mouth:

I bet a tenner I can guess who the loud mouthed bell end is, in fact I could tell you the user names of two of them :laughing:

Im sure you can mate but im not prepared to get into that type of argument, i know what the drivers are REALLY earning and for the purpose of research that is all I required. I have emailed the transport manager and am happy with the information given and he seems to have his head screwed on about the job. It should also be pointed out(for the people not already in Canada) that their transport was run by subbies previously so this is a learning process for everyone involved. Problems will occur and im sure mistakes will be made but that is the natural process of how we learn and move on, youll always get complainers and people sticking their oar in where its not required which is why i went direct to the source and consulted my friend who is already there, straight from the horses mouth so to speak.

No arguments on here mate, we’re a friendly bunch :laughing:

You’re lucky that you’re able to see how it all works before you go, the first lot out there didn’t have that luxury.

A few of them were posting on another forum telling everyone how good it was, yet they were quoting different wages and schedules from what the recruiter had posted up on a different site, a few of us on here pointed that out, in the hope of them not getting taken for a ride, but we got abused, these particular blokes knew it all before they’d even set foot in the country, it was amusing for a while :unamused:

With all that bickering and crap, it’s no wonder Loblaws are reluctant to let people loose on the forums, the tools that went on the other forums have probably done a lot more harm than good :unamused:

It would be interesting to see how it really works out, so hopefully you can keep us posted on that score, it will be useful information to anyone looking at coming out to work for Loblaws :wink:

newmercman:

I’d lose the tenner against you as we all know who it probably is.
The guy who’s blog I listed is very approachable so a comment on his blog would get a response. He’s ex H&R but one of those who did ok there, he only changed companies to be home at night with his new family I believe.