Loblaw

flat to the mat:

cypry0:

flat to the mat:
Ha ha ha,night trunking from Regina to the Peg.First trip won’t be too bad,then,yyyyaaaaawwwwwwnnnn :laughing:

Surely its horses for courses, ive a freind who did the same run Guildford to Warrington every shift for seven years :open_mouth:
Not for me but some people like it :confused:

Not knocking the guy or the job,just the most boring stretch of highway in Canada.I run it once a week on average and that"s enough,355 miles of nothing.

Unless the weather takes a turn for the worse, then it’s like an obstacle course, you’re constantly steering around the remnants of turnpike doubles and trucks from Mississauga ON and Surrey BC, the latter two must have some kind of first aid experience, they always appear to have treated any head wounds with a huge bandage :laughing:

They’re friendly bunch though,more often than not when their Frightliners are lying in the ditch you’ll see three or four of the guys waving from the hard shoulder.Always give them a cheery wave in return. :laughing:

flat to the mat:

cypry0:

flat to the mat:
Ha ha ha,night trunking from Regina to the Peg.First trip won’t be too bad,then,yyyyaaaaawwwwwwnnnn :laughing:

Surely its horses for courses, ive a freind who did the same run Guildford to Warrington every shift for seven years :open_mouth:
Not for me but some people like it :confused:

Not knocking the guy or the job,just the most boring stretch of highway in Canada.I run it once a week on average and that"s enough,355 miles of nothing.

Like i said certainly not my idea of an interesting job, but it might suit some :astonished:

flat to the mat:
just the most boring stretch of highway in Canada.I run it once a week on average and that"s enough,355 miles of nothing.

Maybe only surpassed by I94 through North Dakota, although there is the buffalo to see at Jamestown :laughing: :laughing:

On the road again:

flat to the mat:
just the most boring stretch of highway in Canada.I run it once a week on average and that"s enough,355 miles of nothing.

Maybe only surpassed by I94 through North Dakota, although there is the buffalo to see at Jamestown :laughing: :laughing:

Fair comment,the obvious flaw being that the I-94 is in a different country,not wanting to split hairs etc :exclamation: :laughing:

russjp:
Just thought id update this a bit. My friend has passed his HGV over there and also done his training on turnpikes. Hes out on the road this week for the first time - night trunking from Regina to Winnipeg and back so will be interesting to see how hes finding the job once hes been out on the road for a few weeks -will update further as i learn more in an attempt to clarify how good/bad the job is for those interested :wink:

I think most people will want to know if the promised earnings are BS or not.

flat to the mat:

On the road again:

flat to the mat:

Fair comment,the obvious flaw being that the I-94 is in a different country,not wanting to split hairs etc :exclamation: :laughing:

Forgot about all the excitement crossing the border :blush: :laughing:

q

is that take home or top line? :question: :bulb:

q

russjp:

JIMBO47:
is that take home or top line? :question: :bulb:

Top line from what I can gather, it works out at $450 per shift for trunking a pike to Winnipeg and back - is this the sort of money to be earning over there ? I`m trying not to compare pounds with dollars in an attempt to understand what a decent wage would be ? :question:

Speaking from a New Brunswick perspective, that is a very good wage, more than you’d ever dream of earning in NB for that sort of work. I cant believe that the cost of living in SK or MB is so much higher so to make that a crap wage.

not wanting to be funny but is this per wk or 2wkly topline …as a lot of us are paid biwkly.
If its wkly $2000 is bloody good topline.
biwkly $2000 topline not quite as good .
jimmy

q

russjp:

JIMBO47:
not wanting to be funny but is this per wk or 2wkly topline …as a lot of us are paid biwkly.
jimmy

Topline for a fortnight was $2800 which was 1 normal week and a week of training which he was Paid $18 an hour for a 40 hour week

That ain’t bad money, but 5 Regina-Winnipeg round trips in a week ain’t an easy job, especially when you’re dragging two trailers down the road and limited by law to 90km/h :wink:

That has to be a 14hr plus day, every day, which means you get home, eat, sleep, get back up and do it all over again, so it will knock the ■■■■■■■■ out of you after a while, It definitely will not be an easy job in winter :open_mouth:

q

newmercman:

russjp:

JIMBO47:
jimmy

Topline for a fortnight was $2800 which was 1 normal week and a week of training which he was Paid $18 an hour for a 40 hour week

That ain’t bad money, but 5 Regina-Winnipeg round trips in a week ain’t an easy job, especially when you’re dragging two trailers down the road and limited by law to 90km/h :wink:

That has to be a 14hr plus day, every day, which means you get home, eat, sleep, get back up and do it all over again, so it will knock the ■■■■■■■■ out of you after a while, It definitely will not be an easy job in winter :open_mouth:

Can’t legally be done in a 14 mate.Even if the Pikes are hooked at the start of the shift,pre trip,mandatory tire checks en route,split and hook again just off Route 90,tire checks back to the GTH,fueling,splitting.No chance in one shift.

FTTM , i was also thinking it was very tight…
all it needs is one o them prairie winds holding ya back…
but its a way into canada for some. so best o luck.
and yup if i was in the uk looking for a way out… oohhh yeah.

Loblaws, Regina to Winnipeg and back is almost 1200kms so at 90km/h surely it must take 13hrs and 20mins actual driving without any hold ups and even if it can be done in 13hrs dead that only leaves a single hour for every thing else including having a break.
I feel sure it wouldn’t be for me.

They can run at 100kph nowadays,but I stick with my previous comments.BTW,saw one of their new recruits on Friday driving along in his hi-viz ffs :unamused:

wire:
Loblaws, Regina to Winnipeg and back is almost 1200kms so at 90km/h surely it must take 13hrs and 20mins actual driving without any hold ups and even if it can be done in 13hrs dead that only leaves a single hour for every thing else including having a break.
I feel sure it wouldn’t be for me.

I doubt the elog is going to be popular among the Loblaws drivers :laughing: