Loblaw

q

Theres plenty of blokes shouting & hooting on other forums about this firm I’ve noticed lately, not that I can comment Myself as I don’t know anything about it. The only thing I will say is after reading it I had the same thoughts as You Squire :open_mouth:

Fly sheet

Have a good read: :smiley:

britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=749906

q

No point in not sending your CV Driver, it may be the best job in the world :open_mouth:

I doubt it like but ya never do know :laughing:

It certainly isn’t the best job in the world,but not the worst either.If you can cope with being a trolley dolly for 18 months on very average money it could be a good way into Canada,if not then leave well alone.

Oh…this is doing my head in…I’m supposed to set a good example on here…and then this gets posted :laughing:

I’m outa here before I say something I’ll regret :open_mouth:

q

russjp:
my mate will have been there a few months and can tell me how it really is - unless he`s already back in the UK :laughing:

Follow the link that Big Truck posted, you’ll get an idea of how this thread will descend into complete chaos :laughing:

Bottom line, the wages are not the best, the routes are not the best, the recruiter has been on a website telling a different story to what he told the drivers that are going over, so who knows, best to wait and see how the first lot get on, of course you must take into account that some of them are idiots (I can vouch for that :laughing: )

As a footnote, Loblaws are a massive grocery chain, so I don’t think they’ll be too many problems, but trolleys here are very different to trolleys there :wink:

newmercman:
Oh…this is doing my head in…I’m supposed to set a good example on here…and then this gets posted :laughing:

You’re about 5612 posts late for that :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

newmercman:

Well you did say this forum was dying on it’s arse,this could liven up proceedings :laughing:

newmercman:

russjp:
my mate will have been there a few months and can tell me how it really is - unless he`s already back in the UK :laughing:

Follow the link that Big Truck posted, you’ll get an idea of how this thread will descend into complete chaos :laughing:

Bottom line, the wages are not the best, the routes are not the best, the recruiter has been on a website telling a different story to what he told the drivers that are going over, so who knows, best to wait and see how the first lot get on, of course you must take into account that some of them are idiots (I can vouch for that :laughing: )

As a footnote, Loblaws are a massive grocery chain, so I don’t think they’ll be too many problems, but trolleys here are very different to trolleys there :wink:

Unfortunately, very few who fail will come on here and tell you why, ie their own fault or broken promises etc. For the LOblaws trolly dolly work, if they were so good then why not just pay an hourly rate for the whole shebang, instead of all the add ons!

mickfly:
if they were so good then why not just pay an hourly rate for the whole shebang, instead of all the add ons!

Go and wash your mouth out with soap! :laughing:

I used to work for Armour doing a lot of supermarket deliveries in the Maritimes for either Sobey’s or Atlantic Superstore (Loblaws) and we were on millieage rate with add ons that in no way made up for the time spent doing what the add-on was supposed to compensate for. It was an easy job but the pay was diabolical. You ended up putting in 4 16hr night shifts on a 4 on 4 off rota and you’d be lucky to clear much more than $500 per week and you’d be away for the full four days/nights, sleeping in the truck during the day etc. It wasnt too bad when we were doing night trunking between Armour depots if they could keep you moving, but that was very hit and miss and the supermarket runs were just non-starters.
The problem here seems to be that the Maritimes are full of semi-retired drivers who like to potter about for companies like Armour and are happy to earn very little because their wives work and they have no overheads, so the job never gets any better and pay never increases because not enough people complain and kick up a fuss.

[quote=“robinhood_1984”

because not enough people complain and kick up a fuss.[/quote]
Hit the nail on the head.

mickfly:
[quote=“robinhood_1984”

because not enough people complain and kick up a fuss.

Hit the nail on the head.
[/quote]
I thinks that’s the same for most places world wide

q

Ha ha ha,night trunking from Regina to the Peg.First trip won’t be too bad,then,yyyyaaaaawwwwwwnnnn :laughing:

flat to the mat:
Ha ha ha,night trunking from Regina to the Peg.First trip won’t be too bad,then,yyyyaaaaawwwwwwnnnn :laughing:

Surely its horses for courses, ive a freind who did the same run Guildford to Warrington every shift for seven years :open_mouth:
Not for me but some people like it :confused:

Surely its horses for courses, ive a freind who did the same run Guildford to Warrington every shift for seven years
Not for me but some people like it

Except Loblaws Regina to Winnipeg and back is nearly 1,200kms so if he does it every night for seven years he is going to rack up some serious miles.

cypry0:

flat to the mat:

Surely its horses for courses, ive a freind who did the same run Guildford to Warrington every shift for seven years :open_mouth:
Not for me but some people like it :confused:

Not knocking the guy or the job,just the most boring stretch of highway in Canada.I run it once a week on average and that"s enough,355 miles of nothing.