Loading shovel from Lisbon Portugal to Uk

Cheapest way to move that, is to get a local low loader to take it to a port then put it on a boat to say tilbury then get a uk low loader to del it to you. My low loaders run at 725 mm high which is very low so i would run at 4.2 which is doable but most low loaders run at 900 mm plus and its getting a bit high then. Good luck with it,

Transc:
What height will she be running at BTW ■■?

The height to the top of the shovel is 3.48m and if I take the bucket off it is only 2.8m wide and about 24 ton.
Will I still need a permit for 2.8m?

Yep you will be cat 1 by 6 very very expensive inches if you get stopped :laughing: So unfortunately it’s gonna need all the stuff I listed above mate.

billybigrig:

Transc:
What height will she be running at BTW ■■?

The height to the top of the shovel is 3.48m and if I take the bucket off it is only 2.8m wide and about 24 ton.
Will I still need a permit for 2.8m?

Yep you will be cat 1 by 6 very very expensive inches if you get stopped :laughing: So unfortunately it’s gonna need all the stuff I listed above mate.

Looks like Richmond might be right then!
Life is never simple is it :unamused: :slight_smile:

richmond:
Cheapest way to move that, is to get a local low loader to take it to a port then put it on a boat to say tilbury then get a uk low loader to del it to you. My low loaders run at 725 mm high which is very low so i would run at 4.2 which is doable but most low loaders run at 900 mm plus and its getting a bit high then. Good luck with it,

Good advice if you want to keep the price down :smiley:

You can run Spain and France generally up to 4.5 with ease and the Santan boat can cope with that height too, any lower is usually marked :wink: You will need to get hold of a con ex map though as there are additional restrictions in certain places and at certain times for oversize stuff.

Simplest way then would be to dewheel it bringing it in guage :wink:

Use the machine to put it’s own shovel lengthwise on the swan neck. Drive it o, jack it up, wheels off, drop onto sleepers, wheels stacked on the back. Chain her up and she’ll be grand :wink:

But… watch your weight it’s 40 ton in Euroland and a decent motor and lowloader can be knocking on for 19, making you 43 ish :wink:

In which case the night time is your friend :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Insight do Spain and Gibraltar, another firm to try is Euro PSL in Maldon Essex, they have a partner in Portugal called Garland Laidley Lda, an old Uk firm down in Lisbon and Porto offices and warehouses, that may have some contacts for you.
The contact for Euro PSL is Andre Garcia, he is Portuguese.
Luis Simoes is a very big firm down there, along with Stop Trans lda, Patinter lda, worth a google?
Maybe try some eastern euro firms that run Portugal.

Just an idea if you take the wheels and shovel of will it fit in a container and ship it that way,might be cheaper if its a runner.

I would give Insight a phone call or send them an Email, Gib to Lisbon is not that far away, and they may have an empty truck in the area.

I have an empty extendable low loader with ramps empty now in doha will be returning sometime soon if anybody has a machine to collect en route pls let me know sadly portugal isnt enroute .

STG have a an available truck this week in Portugal stgtransport.com/trailer-div … -list.html probably not the cheapest but definatly know what they are doing

Rikki-UK:
STG have a an available truck this week in Portugal stgtransport.com/trailer-div … -list.html probably not the cheapest but definatly know what they are doing

I was thinking of Andy, he will know who is around

richmond:
I have an empty extendable low loader with ramps empty now in doha will be returning sometime soon if anybody has a machine to collect en route pls let me know sadly portugal isnt enroute .

I would give Soilmec UK a bell Chap to see if they’ve got anything in Italy needs collecting, Casagrande too.

I took the machine out for soilmec but that was last year now so thats not a bad idea at all

richmond:
I took the machine out for soilmec but that was last year now so thats not a bad idea at all

Angus Carlisle had some Soilmecs working in The UAE too if the bubble has burst You never know, try Him through Soilmec as He keeps His rigs there. I won’t be looking for a cut though :smiley:

Im fairley sure there is more soilmec machines going down as there a few wanted to do a bit of work down there

richmond:
Im fairley sure there is more soilmec machines going down as there a few wanted to do a bit of work down there

Maybe so richmond, the piling companies think nothing of shipping rigs all over the world when they need them & then when they want them elsewhere move them again, My info is probably a bit out of date as I’ve been out of it for a year or so now.

Rikki-UK:

Highly debatable that is :unamused:

jj72:

Rikki-UK:

Highly debatable that is :unamused:

Hello stranger, was hoping you’d turn up :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry JJ :blush: :blush: always found STG to be top notch, especially working for a certain associate, something I am missing here?

Any decent people they did have went off to pursue other projects :wink:

To answer the question, don’t know of anyone down there with a semi-low at the moment, we’ve only done about 4 loads to Iberia this year, would usually have been about 15 by now - their economic woes are really affecting trade :frowning: