Loading and unloading

Does any driver out there know of any company that has trunkers which insist that when trunkers are back from their runs and still have duty time left ie 12 hour shift, should help unload their trailer after docking on bay .Usually back in yard just before 5pm after 7am starts. HONEST ANSWERS PLEASE. THANKU.

Depends what you are unloading to be honest, I didn’t have a problem in a previous job spending 5mins pushing some trollies down a loading ramp to help the guys out considering they load the lorry for me.

THE requirement in this case is take product to trunking depot assist in unloading and loading, return unload then change vehicle tractor unit and trailer, possibly load 2nd trailer then drive to second depot, again assist in unloading and loading, return to base then unload trailer after refuelling etc. :question:

A lot longer than 5 min

Well if that’s the requirement of the job and what your boss expects then you do it or get another job surely. Is it a new job or have you been there years and the unloading and loading is a new requirement?

If it’s part of…

Your contract, then your scuppered.

If it’s not, start taking your breaks where they want you to tip/load etc.

Start looking for another job.

its in the contract but now they want to enforce it new manager etc. Surely it can not be classed as trunking.

If you don’t load and unload, then who does do it?

kendon:
its in the contract

Bingo.
Put up or shut up.

kendon:
its in the contract but now they want to enforce it new manager etc. Surely it can not be classed as trunking.

Bit buggered then really, in my contract it says I should work every other Saturday but I only do 4-5 a year but if my boss said I had to do every other weekend I would have to do it as that is what I signed up for.

DEAR 109LWB I asked 4 HONEST answers not A HOSTILE ANSWER.

He’s right though. It’s written into your contract so the company expects you to do it. If you don’t want to do it then look for another job.

How much difference do you expect this to make to your daily hours of work?

Must be a wind up, someone complaining that their boss is upholding the contract that they signed :open_mouth: :open_mouth: seriously, you should count yourself lucky your old manager didn’t enforce it, because if you’re salaried you’ve been getting money for nothing.

kendon:
DEAR 109LWB I asked 4 HONEST answers not A HOSTILE ANSWER.

It’s the truth? What do you want to hear?

Alright. Refuse. See where that gets you.

You signed it, don’t moan when they want you to do what you signed up for.

Should read “it’s in my contract old gaffer let me get away with it,now new gaffer makes me work my contract I don’t like it”.
If you don’t want to do ■■■■ don’t sign a contract with it in.

Simples.

not surprised at ur reply really. This site is supposed to give constructive views on various commercial drivers issues or views . Clearly u cannot give either. Not surprised at lack of hgv drivers in industry if all u wanna do is ■■■■■. :wink:

kendon:
Not surprised at lack of hgv drivers in industry if all u wanna do is ■■■■■. :wink:

The irony is missing in this one Obiwan

Not ■■■■■■■■ mate if its in your contract there’s nowt you can do,gaffer will say that’s what you signed up for.
It is constructive its just not what you wanted to hear,next time sign a contract with "hand holding " included.

kendon:

What and you can only do trunking?? Get a grip :exclamation: