Load bearing curtain, 100 pound fine

Today I got pulled by the police m1 Woolley edge services, random stop check driving hours and load safety. I’ve not got the cleanest driving card, to be honest it’s really bad. Took my card out and gave him he put in a small machine out of pocket, a few things came up, I thought ffs. After that on to load, open curtains I’ve put 2 straps across the back, full load arctic empty plastic paint tubs double stacked pallets. he said that’s not good is it, I didn’t know wat to say, I mentioned load bearing curtain and he wasn’t really having it, you could lift these pallets on your own, not heavy. After a discussion I used the internals while he sat in car, came back at the end and gave me a 100 pound fine for driving 5.30 hours without a break, he said I’m going to do you for your latest infringement, Wich there is a lot, less than 9 hours off and not enough breaks and driving for two long etc, am I lucky or what, I’ve already paid incase they change there mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you got fined for working too hard, not for using the curtains?

I hope your boss coughs up the 100 notes!

I wouldn’t ask him, my own fault. the officers said write it down on the back of print out why to cover your back.

Id say it was your lucky day .

Why did you (or even would you :unamused: ) drive 5 and a half hours without a break.
If you had inadvertently gone over by a couple of mins, fair enough,… but an hour? :open_mouth:

As for the load security, we all know it’s ■■■■■■■■ having to strap up stuff like cardboard and plastic goods, …thing is we also all know that you get nicked if you don’t. :bulb:
Reckon you got what was coming to you mate tbh., no sympathy from me, you blatantly went over your time and could not be arsed to throw a few straps over.

Btw, Not entirely convinced that you aint taking the ■■■■ on this post. :bulb:

Do us all a favour and surrender your licence you sausage.

robroy:

I thought 100 pound was good as I was expecting more, and with the straps it was pathetic, to be honest I needed a kick up the bum,

If it really was load bearing and marked as such I would have told him to shove the internals - except for the ones on the back of the load that you already used.

No ratchet or internal straps required on a load bearing curtain if all the load was a positive fit.
If there was a gap of 80 mm or cms, then strap the back two pallets only.
Ratchets over 400 kgs pallets, internals below 400 kgs.

ryan011284:
Today I got pulled by the police m1 Woolley edge services, random stop check driving hours and load safety.

I’ve not got the cleanest driving card, to be honest it’s really bad.

After a discussion I used the internals while he sat in car, came back at the end and gave me a 100 pound fine for driving 5.30 hours without a break, he said I’m going to do you for your latest infringement, Wich there is a lot, less than 9 hours off and not enough breaks and driving for two long etc, am I lucky or what, I’ve already paid incase they change there mind

I’m like robroy and assume this is a ■■■■ take. Who gets pulled by the police when in a truck for a random check?

mrginge:

ryan011284:
Today I got pulled by the police m1 Woolley edge services, random stop check driving hours and load safety.

I’ve not got the cleanest driving card, to be honest it’s really bad.

After a discussion I used the internals while he sat in car, came back at the end and gave me a 100 pound fine for driving 5.30 hours without a break, he said I’m going to do you for your latest infringement, Wich there is a lot, less than 9 hours off and not enough breaks and driving for two long etc, am I lucky or what, I’ve already paid incase they change there mind

I’m like robroy and assume this is a ■■■■ take. Who gets pulled by the police when in a truck for a random check?

My m8 gets stopped by the police in his 10 tonne gross they think it’s a7.5 tonner overloaded ,my other m8 ( I only have 2 ) gets stopped by the police for adr checks carrying scrap batteries in a artic tipper .

toby1234abc:
Ratchets over 400 kgs pallets, internals below 400 kgs.

Everyday is a school day…i thought it was more than that

robroy:

• One!

Butcher:

robroy:

• One!

+2
Dozy (troll) Mk2 ■■?

Driving for 5 and a half hours, not enough daily rest. You need to give your licence up if you can’t stay within the law

West Yorkshire police tweeted it. Saw it earlier

Must be Dozy in disguise,or a close relative

The tweet days driver reported… Expect a letter from the TC, which will most likely invite you for tea and biscuits and result in a suspension of your licence…

Well, the driver deserves to lose his licence idiot.