lloyds of ludlow

I saw a Lloydes of ludlow scania carrying steel coil today i thought the company went bust a few years ago ? :confused:

Gosh, that’s a blast from the past. You used to see loads of their motors in the early seventies, always carrying steel.

When you see Ludlow on the TV nowadays, it always seems to be in ‘move to the country’ type programmes. Not that I watch them you understand, I just happen to see them when my wife is viewing. You certainly don’t see any steel works in the background!

John

2 of there guys were still doing tangiers in 2002/2003 used to see them there in there 113 scanias good guys

My mental image is of bonneted Scammels. Would that be right or just a false memory. Normal control lorries were old fashioned in this country, even then!

John

stevejones:
2 of there guys were still doing tangiers in 2002/2003 used to see them there in there 113 scanias good guys

Yes, Steve, you’re right. I remember a couple of regular drivers doing Morocco round trips for Lloyds in the late '90s and early 2000s. :slight_smile:

Here’s a pic from the '50s - a lovely old Maudsley! Robert

Well back in the early 70s dad had a mate working there and went to the yard in ludlow and i can remember seeing volvo f86 and f88s scanias 110 and 111s aecs and even a couple of atkinson boarderers i was in my element :smiley: .
But back to the question as i saw this scania today are they still in buisness ?

They did not go bust,Tony Lloyd sold up, there are two lads that bought the motors at the sale ( may be ex Lloyds drivers ) and left them in the colours, Dave the Renegade may know more

LLoyds of Ludlow.jpg

pete smith:
They did not go bust,Tony Lloyd sold up, there are two lads that bought the motors at the sale ( may be ex Lloyds drivers ) and left them in the colours, Dave the Renegade may know more

Hi Pete,
Tony Lloyd’s daughter runs the company now as Transport manager along with three other female directors. As you say Pete there are a lot of their classic vehicles on the show circuit run by ex drivers. They most certainly didn’t go bust and run a couple of Scania’s on steel. Also have a licence for 70 vehicles at two premises.
Here’s one of their units hitched to a low loading trailer at Hereford Truck Show.
Cheers Dave.

I knew you would be the man to ask, i knew they never went bust as i remember the auction, Cheers Pete

Thanks for the info people thought my eyes were playing tricks especialy as they had a small yard ( kidderminster ) just up the road to where i live .

Some of Lloyds show wagons, also one of their working artics, seen on the A49 Leominster bypass.

Lloyds also do restoration i think. infact i believe they will make you a new MK AEC cab.

hi robert ye nice guys one was big ol boy cant remember his name the other guy with a beard was colin or cliff

Laugharne 2014.

Always love the Lloyd’s AECs. The livery seemed to fit the MkV shape so well. Does anyone know if they still have a presence at Temeside Garage, their original base?

Retired Old â– â– â– â– :
Always love the Lloyd’s AECs. The livery seemed to fit the MkV shape so well. Does anyone know if they still have a presence at Temeside Garage, their original base?

Hi ROF , can any remember G B Davies i think from the Corvedale garage they too had AECs and did a lot of work out of Bulmers ? Lloyds may have taken them over , i am relating to the mid 60s , regards Keith

It doesn’t ring a bell with me, Keith, but if I saw the livery it may well push a few buttons.

They are the landlords of the premises, but someone else and runs the business Casey.
Cheers Dave.

It doesn’t ring a bell with me, Keith, but if I saw the livery it may well push a few buttons.

Not sure ROF tbh , may have been greenish â– â–  May be charliemjp will be able to help us out ! regards Keith .