Llandudno transport festival....

Went to the festival today and took a few pics,thought i would share them…

My daughter wanted to be in this one…

And her brother and sister had to be in as well…

Love this F88…

Sorry for the quality of pics as they were taken with phone.

Al

Good to see the ex-Canning Borderer (XTJ235N) after being withdrawn from use by John Jardine.

He did some extensive restorative work to ‘Baby Shakey’ as he called her, including a Rockwell back end with spring brakes (getting rid of the old lock actuators) and a ■■■■■■■ Super E320 motor. When it came off the road (having been plated at 38 tonnes) he removed the Granning tag axle, with which it looked quite the part pulling a tipping trailer.

It looks incomplete from the pictures and the new livery isn’t a patch on the Canning, Killingbeck or Jardine colours it previously wore, but it’s good to see the old girl still with us.

i have just looked through your post and found the photos excellent,thank you very much fr posting them here,

The photos were only taken on my phone…but the camera on the phone is actually better than my full time camera…maybe time to update!!!

Glad you like the pics…i certainly enjoyed being there :laughing: :laughing:

Al

What a great selection of photographs scantheman, thanks for letting us all see them. Have you got any more, please. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

great pics, much nicer to look at the old ones rather than modern bling :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

good quality phone too - what model ?

i restored cadwalleder f89 last year looks good dosent it

Quality pics mate,some great old trucks :smiley:

very good pictures,excellant in fact,wish i had gone there instead of truckfest,peterborough.there were some good old motors there,plenty of company motors,but there didnt seem as many owners drivers motors there as of the past years,anybody else notice that.still a good day :wink:

Excellent pictures mate :slight_smile:

mjt yes that sure is a nice truck
and the firm was not bad either

Good pics,left me feeling my age tho,ive driven 75% of them models in my time.Tidy bit of roping and sheeting on the ridings 8 wheeler.

a

Great stuff, Geoff Thomas 6x4 Reiver tipper is excellent.

Nice pics

Calv

marky:
Good to see the ex-Canning Borderer (XTJ235N) after being withdrawn from use by John Jardine.

He did some extensive restorative work to ‘Baby Shakey’ as he called her, including a Rockwell back end with spring brakes (getting rid of the old lock actuators) and a ■■■■■■■ Super E320 motor. When it came off the road (having been plated at 38 tonnes) he removed the Granning tag axle, with which it looked quite the part pulling a tipping trailer.

It looks incomplete from the pictures and the new livery isn’t a patch on the Canning, Killingbeck or Jardine colours it previously wore, but it’s good to see the old girl still with us.

Killingbeck, Mark?? Ermmm, I don’t think so… His previous 38-tonner was ex-Killingbeck, but not this one, I don’t think.

scantheman:
Went to the festival today and took a few pics,thought i would share them…

stepthru:
a few of mine from the festival (hope the OP doesn’t mind) - the last two are from the cheshire Runthis scammell is my fav

I’m sure that this is the one that was featured in one of the comics years ago, running abroad
with a huge sleeper cab on it, and uprated to 38 tonnes with a 265L turbo-charged Rolls
and a Fuller box. I think it belonged to an owner driver in, perhaps, Wiltshire.

Anyone else remember that??

I see it still has the 265L badge on it, and that’s an engine that was introduced some time after
the Trunker ceased production.

the owner had info in the windscreen,apparently it was one of 5 or 6 prototypes made by scammell for higher weights,it has a longer chassis than a normal trunker,has a bigger fuel tank on one side instead of the normal two small ones either side,think it was new to a frozen food firm? didnt say anything about being the one with the massive cab,think that was in issue 1 or 2 of truck and driver wasnt it?

vwvanman0:
the owner had info in the windscreen,apparently it was one of 5 or 6 prototypes made by scammell for higher weights,it has a longer chassis than a normal trunker,has a bigger fuel tank on one side instead of the normal two small ones either side,think it was new to a frozen food firm? didnt say anything about being the one with the massive cab,think that was in issue 1 or 2 of truck and driver wasnt it?

that’s the one - new to Ross Foods of Grimsby - it has a Grimsby reg.

I’m sure it’s the same motor, re-cabbed. Perhaps the 265L badge gives it away too!