Liverpool tomorrow - where to stop?

Well, it’s so long since I ventured that far up the M6, I can’t think where would be a good place to stop for brekkies :sunglasses:

Need to be in Liverpool for 10am (ish), but do want to miss most of the traffic if possible … leaving early sound the best option ■■

We are just over an hour from the end of the A14 / M6 junction, so what time would you pro’s think I should be at J1A to miss the worst.

Thinking about leaving around 5am to clear Birmingham before 7am, then maybe have an hour or so further up for something to eat before we hit the ratrace around the Manchester area … is there an alternative to the services ■■ :smiling_imp:

5am sound,s good to me u miss the hold up at the roadwork,s aswell

Where’s the roadworks ■■

or … how many sections of the M6 have they dug up this week :open_mouth:

junction 22 on M6 the exit for IRLHAM–CADESHEAD ; COMEING FROM
Birmingham in EXIT turn right at the roundabout --go over the MOTORWAY straight across the next roundabout …straight down this road for about
1.0–1.5 miles past the garden center the cafe is on theleft with a big parking area,cafe is the large GREEN building breakfast is okay,

Cheers BritPete, sounds a better option than the grotty services :wink:

Will try it if no other ideas come forward this evening :wink:

thanks

ANOTHER THOUGHT WHAT ABOUT TRY THIS SITE

http://www.transportcafe.co.uk

HERE you can look up along the route you will travel and then pick one that you feel is ok

you could do a lot worse than lymm truckstop a full breakfast for around £4 and loads and loads of parking

ANOTHER THOUGHT WHAT ABOUT TRY THIS SITE

www.transportcafe.co.uk

there must be a secret code to using that site Pete :open_mouth: I tried it earlier & got no results other than ashfod, one cafe for sale & i think one somewhere else :unamused:

Wylie, Not a bad idea :slight_smile: It’s a long time since I have used Lymm, IIRC isn’t it off the M56 junction of the M6. Parking shouldn’t be a problem, only going in the car :laughing:

when you go on to the site ,try looking at the lefthand side and click on
either the spot for cafes near the motorway or the one below for the cafes on A&B roads, let us know if you have any problems,

Toytown:

Where’s the roadworks ■■

sorry i mean the j16 to 17 crewe and those dreaded speed camreas

Toytown:

Where’s the roadworks ■■

Oh what Joy :confused:

Of course I shall sit at a steady 69.9 mph all the way, except for the roadworks :laughing:

Toytown:

Oh what Joy :confused:

Of course I shall sit at a steady 69.9 mph all the way, except for the roadworks :laughing:

SMART ALEC

when you go on to the site ,try looking at the lefthand side and click on
either the spot for cafes near the motorway or the one below for the cafes on A&B roads, let us know if you have any problems

Just done it & had the brains to scroll down :smiley: :smiley:
Why do I have to be so dense sometimes !

SMART ALEC

Not me chief, i’m just a law abiding citizen (well, I play by my rules if that counts) :laughing:

I must say, I never speed through roadworks, 30 limits or near schools etc. Open road & yes I will push on a bit, but that’s another debate issue on here :unamused:

it might be a bit too close to birmingham but you could always try standeford truck stop on the a449 i think. just come off the m6 at jct 10a, m54 jct 2, north on the a449, over a couple of roundabouts and it comes up on your left hand side not long before the roundabout fleading to jct 12 on the m6.

i know it sounds out of the way but its only a couple of minutes really and the breakfast is usually spot on.

Thanks Angela, one I have never been to !

At least it’s the right side of Birmingham, as long as I clear the rush there, I can wander up to Liverpool in my own time.

:smiley:

forgot to mention, the car/truck park is a bit ‘lumpy’!!! :wink: :wink:

forgot to mention, the car/truck park is a bit ‘lumpy’!!!

Doesn’t sound too promising :open_mouth:

Take a lunch with you,that way if you get hungry then you can stop in a layby and eat,save’s all the hassle of trying to find somewhere. :laughing:

Take a lunch with you,that way if you get hungry then you can stop in a layby and eat,save’s all the hassle of trying to find somewhere.

In theory - fine

In reality - it will then take me 2 hours to find a garage where 'er indoors can hoover the car out :laughing: