Lincolnshire Road Safety (Christmas party fund)

I found something online from Yorkshire that says 10% + 2Mph - 10% + 4Mph should be a speed awareness course, from 10% + 4Mph - +20mph should be a fixed penalty UNLESS it is classed as dangerous/wreckless speed then it should be a summons. I guess it’s down to interpretation then as IMO it would be classed as dangerous/wreckless if it was in the day or near houses/built up area but it was in the sticks at 0130.

NewLad:
I found something online from Yorkshire that says 10% + 2Mph - 10% + 4Mph should be a speed awareness course, from 10% + 4Mph - +20mph should be a fixed penalty UNLESS it is classed as dangerous/wreckless speed then it should be a summons. I guess it’s down to interpretation then as IMO it would be classed as dangerous/wreckless if it was in the day or near houses/built up area but it was in the sticks at 0130.

Don’t want to spoil your weekend Newlad, but, 10% +4mph at 40 mph =48mph (you reckon that you was doing 56 & driving a ‘Horrible Life Wrecking Big Dirty HGV’)

Your only hope is if it didn’t have any film in it & it just Flashed, I was told on a speed course last year that a lot of 'S’Camera’s don’t have film in them (not sure how true that is though)
I think that you’d better start saving up. :cry:

I’m sorry I put 10% + 4, but was wrong it’s 10% + 6 for speed awareness. I’m hoping for just points and a fine being worst case, don’t really fancy a trip to court. It won’t have any film in it mate, it’s one of those new ones with direct sending. I’m guessing via the Internet.

You were around 38% over which will probably rule out a speed awareness course. If you get offered a fixed penalty, consider taking it. I’ve heard many stories of people going to court and having maximum points and a more severe fine imposed by a judge.
You might be lucky and it flashed with no film if its not a new digital one.

m1cks:
You were around 38% over which will probably rule out a speed awareness course. If you get offered a fixed penalty, consider taking it. I’ve heard many stories of people going to court and having maximum points and a more severe fine imposed by a judge.
You might be lucky and it flashed with no film if its not a new digital one.

I’d never take my chances in court mate, I was bang to rights and if I got offered points and a fine I’ll think myself lucky. It’s just one of those MMTM things where someone said they got speed awareness at the same speed in the same county and I just can’t see how tbh, it’s not like it’s even close to 40Mph.

Lets hope you dont get the letter within the next 2 weeks asking to name the driver.

I’ve already told work to expect one, they said it only takes them 2 minutes to find out anyway but thank for letting them know. I won’t hold my breath on it going away lol.

Ex traffic copper from Lincolnshire, because you were in a HGV and the speed, then i am afraid expect the worse. If you get an offer of 3 points take it. Your speed you think was between 52.6 and 56, 32% to 40% over the speed limit you have no chance of a speed awareness course. Say you were in a car exceeding the national limit on a single carriageway, 60mph + 32%/40% = 79.2 mph/84 mph.
I would say a conditional offer of 3 points would be your best outcome.
The camera is set to detect vehicle types by sensors in the road which indicate weights and as such can tell the difference between cars and LGVs.

If you dont get a notice of intended prosecution within 14 days then you may argue against the procedure if one turns up after 14 days. Remember the NIP goes to the registered keeper, so hope its registered to work or the NIP can go round in circles and will be valid.

A few friends of mine i have managed to advise and they have had cases dropped, mainly due to the police taking too long to issue NIP’s. 14 days is maximum, anything over you can argue the offence is out of time.
If you go to court,do not mention you were set on cruise at 52.6mph, this indicates you were blatantly breaking the speed limit.

I know what you mean ajs68 but just to clear up - its not if you dont get the NIP in 14 days, it’s the registered keeper of the vehicle. Once it’s been issued to the registered keeper it may take 2 months to reach you but will still be valid.

ajs68:
Ex traffic copper from Lincolnshire, because you were in a HGV and the speed, then i am afraid expect the worse. If you get an offer of 3 points take it. Your speed you think was between 52.6 and 56, 32% to 40% over the speed limit you have no chance of a speed awareness course. Say you were in a car exceeding the national limit on a single carriageway, 60mph + 32%/40% = 79.2 mph/84 mph.
I would say a conditional offer of 3 points would be your best outcome.
The camera is set to detect vehicle types by sensors in the road which indicate weights and as such can tell the difference between cars and LGVs.

If you dont get a notice of intended prosecution within 14 days then you may argue against the procedure if one turns up after 14 days. Remember the NIP goes to the registered keeper, so hope its registered to work or the NIP can go round in circles and will be valid.

A few friends of mine i have managed to advise and they have had cases dropped, mainly due to the police taking too long to issue NIP’s. 14 days is maximum, anything over you can argue the offence is out of time.
If you go to court,do not mention you were set on cruise at 52.6mph, this indicates you were blatantly breaking the speed limit.

Thank you for the advice, I’m not really looking to “get off” with it, I know I’ve done wrong and will take what’s coming, like you say I’m just praying it’s not a summons because it could end up with me being banned (losing my job, which I only have myself to blame). Not gonna tell the wife that it will probably be a summons I’ll let her think it’s 3 points and a 100 sheets and cross the bridge of being worse if/when it comes.

My employer will probably let me know as soon as it arrives although it may go to Soham before it comes to my depot.

If you get a nip at work within 14 days, ie the registered keeper, then the firm will pass it on to you. As said this could be outside of 14 days when you get the papers from the firm, but the nip will be valid as it was served upon the R/K of said vehicle.
After that you are in the hands of the authorities. Do not forget the police have six months to lay the information to the court if they proceed with a court case.
Any further info i will try to answer, spent a few years doing it on the dark side, ie traffic black rats as we were called. :imp:

I got done in Lincolnshire doing 53 in 40. Got a speed awareness course. Apparently any faster would of been points (thank god for the limiter). Lincolnshire police threshold is 10% +9.

hogpot:
I got done in Lincolnshire doing 53 in 40. Got a speed awareness course. Apparently any faster would of been points (thank god for the limiter). Lincolnshire police threshold is 10% +9.

Yeah I was on the limiter (ours are set at 52.8 mph in eco mode) I’m pretty sure it was going over that as it was down hill. :confused:

NewLad:

hogpot:

Yeah I was on the limiter (ours are set at 52.8 mph in eco mode) I’m pretty sure it was going over that as it was down hill. :confused:

No you weren’t, didn’t you read ajs68’s post about going to court :unamused:
Anything you say will be taken down as evidence (& all that !)

STOP DIGGING THAT HOLE !

Our guidance is 10 mph + 10%.

joemaxi:
Our guidance is 10 mph + 10%.

So 55mph in a 40. Does that include HGV’s?

http://www.lincs.police.uk/Library/Freedom-of-Information/Publication-Scheme/Our-Policies-And-Procedures/Speed-Enforcement-Policy.pdf page 4

But it does clearly state the fixed penalty is a ‘conditional offer’ they may still choose to summons him because it’s a HGV. We should find out in a weeks time.

Going to go and see them when I get back to the yard, see if it has arrived.

Does the NIP tell you the speed or simply ask for the drivers details?

NewLad:
Does the NIP tell you the speed or simply ask for the drivers details?

The one I received last week :blush: did both.