Lidl UK

Hi, Im new in the team, can you give me some details of subcontracting with lidl…
thx

onomasta:
Hi, Im new in the team, can you give me some details of subcontracting with lidl…
thx

No point in asking for advice on this forum. To much ■■■■■■■■ and moaning here. Go speak to people who have genuinely done this type of work. They will see you right
Good luck :smiley:

One of the major clearing houses is subbing Lidl Runcorn work on a daily basis, 7 days a week paying a day rate with a 250 miles cap daily. They ring up every day asking for “support” but what they offer is about £100 a day short of what is needed.

Load of ■■■■■■■■ I’d say. DHL & CSL have all the cheeky runs & you’ll get the baw bag that’s left.

MAY be a way in if you’re desperate to run your own as at least they’ll pay you but you ain’t gonna mint him & you’ll probly work like a……

Apply on their web site.

I see Lidl are after Hauliers again, big advert in Commercial Motor this week, is there something “iffy” regarding this work [apart from the self load/tip], I seem to remember something not smelling quite right ■■?

They seem to advertise on a regular basis :unamused:

Stanley Mitchell:
I see Lidl are after Hauliers again, big advert in Commercial Motor this week, is there something “iffy” regarding this work [apart from the self load/tip], I seem to remember something not smelling quite right ■■?

From shopping in our local branch. I would just say they are getting very busy, Aldi as well. I think the snob value of shopping at John Lewis & Waitrose is falling.

One advantage of the self tip, is they don’t mess you about once you get on a bay, generally no booking slots and willing helpers in other drivers.

Wheel Nut:

Stanley Mitchell:

From shopping in our local branch. I would just say they are getting very busy, Aldi as well. I think the snob value of shopping at John Lewis & Waitrose is falling.

One advantage of the self tip, is they don’t mess you about once you get on a bay, generally no booking slots and willing helpers in other drivers.

Agreed, my brother is as tight as they come, and he swears by both of them [Lidl+Aldi]…

But, if the load does`nt cost much, the haulage rate is normally not very far behind either :unamused:

done a couple of months for lidl, very hard work the good runs are all sewn up, if you get a good run would be ok hard run forget it you wont be able to keep drivers on it,
why do you think they are always advertising for o/ds theres a good reason for this and its not because there opening new stores
john

I do this work (lidl) and its not too bad…yes you do have to tip and load yourself,but look at it this way…i have lost over two stone in 3 months so there are benefits to your health lol…you get messed about a bit at the rdc…but i do nights so once i hve left there i am my own boss…i never get any phonecalls from anybody…the shfts are long 12hr nights and most of them cover fri,sat,sun,mon days/nights.

busy fool:
done a couple of months for lidl, very hard work the good runs are all sewn up, if you get a good run would be ok hard run forget it you wont be able to keep drivers on it,
why do you think they are always advertising for o/ds theres a good reason for this and its not because there opening new stores
john

I tried it for a while, not a lot of money in it, IMHO it was decent enough when it first started, but it’s no good now, all the good runs are spoken for :wink:

You gotta ask why the current Lidl haulier base isn’t expanding to take up the slack. Not difficult to arrive at a conclusion.

Silver_Surfer:
You gotta ask why the current Lidl haulier base isn’t expanding to take up the slack. Not difficult to arrive at a conclusion.

this ^