Lidl and Aldi the bane of the bone idle fat lazy trucker!

I mean ffs, get off your fat arse and do a bit of walking up and down your trailer with an electric pallet truck and stop moaning, it might even do you some good you whinging precious little snowflakes!

bbc.co.uk/news/business-39275186

I’ll put on my tin hat and duck now!

I like the bit is says back on the road quickly 4 hours for paperwork real quick

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I disagree with the principle of it. It takes jobs out of the economy. There would probably be an extra 1000 or so employed across the country. I’m not bone idle, far from it. I just don’t think we’re paid enough to do it. And I personally knew a driver who died from a heart attack while tipping at Lidl Enfield in 2010

OVLOV JAY:
I disagree with the principle of it. It takes jobs out of the economy. There would probably be an extra 1000 or so employed across the country. I’m not bone idle, far from it. I just don’t think we’re paid enough to do it. And I personally knew a driver who died from a heart attack while tipping at Lidl Enfield in 2010

Along with the above, I think with the shift lengths safety can be an issue, as who hasn’t dropped a bollock when tired?
You’re out of your normal environment, and after maintaining your concentration out on the road, you’ve then got to be on your toes in a somewhat alien environment. My limp’s already bad enough!

Reef:
I mean ffs, get off your fat arse and do a bit of walking up and down your trailer with an electric pallet truck and stop moaning, it might even do you some good you whinging precious little snowflakes!

bbc.co.uk/news/business-39275186

Chi syr yn [zb] o,r radd flanaf ac yn warth i,r genedl welsh !!

Yes but it’s not just tipping the load they want it in perfect lines and the wrap or bands cutting,where will it end?? They will want us to take the wrap back with us next.
Also it’s not always quick,Iv waited over2 hour for a bay at both stores…
I’m not lazy it’s just the principle I don’t agree with

The issue is when they was offered the job they was told the terms and conditions and had it explained to them what was required of them. You can’t then moan about it. I was told at some places I might have to self tip and at some other places I’m a truck driver, warehouse man, security guard and tipper. I’m not moaning about it because I agreed to it also it’s a good way to string my hourly pay out of I’m tired. I’m in no rush to tip when it’s on my terms. It’s when your stuck on bays waiting to be unloaded that you then find yourself running around.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

OVLOV JAY:

So should you be paid more for opening and closing your curtains whilst tipping at Asda? Or what about if you’ve got a fridge and you have to manual pallet truck the pallets to the back? I assume you put an invoice in to your gaffa when you have to do that to cover your inconvenience and “not my Jobinessness” eh? Please!

Also while I sympathise with you over the death of your colleague would he have never died of a heart attack then but for being at Lidl?

Evil8Beezle:
Along with the above, I think with the shift lengths safety can be an issue, as who hasn’t dropped a bollock when tired?
You’re out of your normal environment, and after maintaining your concentration out on the road, you’ve then got to be on your toes in a somewhat alien environment. My limp’s already bad enough!

■■■■ it up buttercup and grab another coffee, there is no law preventing you taking a break prior to tipping at Lidl/Aldi or after :bulb: Sometimes you have to use a bit of common like.

yorkshire terrier:
Yes but it’s not just tipping the load they want it in perfect lines and the wrap or bands cutting,where will it end?? They will want us to take the wrap back with us next.

And don’t forget to think of the children!

And at least your well rested after waiting 2 hours for a bay :smiley:

DUFFMAN:

Diolch yn fawr :laughing:

yorkshire terrier:

No one really agrees with the principal, but spineless employers wouldn’t back their drivers up when they didn’t think it should be a drivers job.
No one forces drivers to go to these site.

Reef:

OVLOV JAY:

So should you be paid more for opening and closing your curtains whilst tipping at Asda? Or what about if you’ve got a fridge and you have to manual pallet truck the pallets to the back? I assume you put an invoice in to your gaffa when you have to do that to cover your inconvenience and “not my Jobinessness” eh? Please!

Also while I sympathise with you over the death of your colleague would he have never died of a heart attack then but for being at Lidl?

Evil8Beezle:

■■■■ it up buttercup and grab another coffee, there is no law preventing you taking a break prior to tipping at Lidl/Aldi or after :bulb: Sometimes you have to use a bit of common like.

yorkshire terrier:

And don’t forget to think of the children!

And at least your well rested after waiting 2 hours for a bay :smiley:

DUFFMAN:

Diolch yn fawr :laughing:

Croeso

I’m going to throw in an RDC waiting room comment in, only because I had never heard it before.
Kellogg’s driver refuses point blank to self tip at on a site, site rings Kellogg’s to complain about driver, Kellogg’s tells site, our drivers don’t tip trailers customers do and if you want it, you tip it and that includes every load.
Like I say it’s what I heard, certainly not going to say it’s gospel.

Evil8Beezle:

OVLOV JAY:

If shifting 26 pallets with an electric pump truck is to taxing, I do believe a driver should reconsider taking a 44 ton killer juggernaut out on the road.

Reef:

OVLOV JAY:

I’m a box jockey. Anything above and beyond four door handles and four twist locks is beyond my pay grade. However, self tips like Lidl or Aldi, and intermodal curtain side swap bodies, such as the ones that we do for transfeesa, pay £25 after tax per occasion, as per my company t’s and c’s. And my boss charges that in the job rate. But he does pride himself on not working for poor rates

the nodding donkey:

Evil8Beezle:

OVLOV JAY:

If shifting 26 pallets with an electric pump truck is to taxing, I do believe a driver should reconsider taking a 44 ton killer juggernaut out on the road.

But if you go down that route, you could next say that a driver can safely focus and therefore drive for 11 or 12 hours a day.
I’d also say that you’re eating away at the expected interpretation of the drivers rules and expected recuperation to the way things were done before self tip.

OVLOV JAY:
I’m a box jockey. Anything above and beyond four door handles and four twist locks is beyond my pay grade. However, self tips like Lidl or Aldi, and intermodal curtain side swap bodies, such as the ones that we do for transfeesa, pay £25 after tax per occasion, as per my company t’s and c’s. And my boss charges that in the job rate. But he does pride himself on not working for poor rates

So that makes you an exception to the rule (the general haulage rule that is), and if your colleague was also a “box jockey” then I would say that the job coupled with his lifestyle choices were more likely to blame for the heart attack than self tipping at Aldidls.

Just make sure you get some form of exercise in mate, long walks or whatever, whilst you are obviously proud of your lack of forced labour it really wont do you much good in the long run health wise at least.

yorkshire terrier:

Oh make up your mind :laughing: You complain when you need to tip yourself, which is to much hard work, then complain about sitting on your arse for two hours… at least you had plenty of rest before tipping your load.

the nodding donkey:
at least you had plenty of rest before tipping your load.

I find that’s when I’m at my most energetic, usually worked up a bit of a sweat before… oh… “tipping” your load, my bad, was thinking of something else then obviously.

I try and walk at least a couple of miles a day, plus I go to the gym at least 3 times a week. Can’t always eat healthy, but I try my best. I’m 15 stone, heavier than I want to be, but I’ve seen much heavier blokes doing all kind of work. I think it’s a bit of a fallacy that self tips or pulling curtains are hard work, therefore making you healthier etc. Unless you’re handballing bulk goods, or pulling a ton plus with a pump truck, anything else is just walking.

The reason I chose my job and specifically my employer, was because the way the industry has gone, you have to find other ways of earning better money. I look at the mileage and hours I do, and compared to general haulage outfits on a similar take home, I do a fraction of the graft. If wages go back to where they should be, which given the stagnation after pre 2008 trends were halted, and they should be in the region of £7-800 a week take home as the norm, then I’ll consider chasing miles and putting the graft in. But I won’t hold my breath, as I think waiting for a bay at Lidl Bridgend may be quicker :laughing:

Reef:

the nodding donkey:
at least you had plenty of rest before tipping your load.

I find that’s when I’m at my most energetic, usually worked up a bit of a sweat before… oh… “tipping” your load, my bad, was thinking of something else then obviously.

You standing in for Dipper Dave? :grimacing: