Licence return after passing my test

Passed my class 2 test on the 9th October and the examiner said do you want me to keep hold of your licence and process it as it would help speed up its return to you and save you the trouble of having to send it off. I have not received it back yet (now nine days later) and I called the DVLA late yesterday and they say the they no knowledge on their system of me ever passing my Class 2 / cat C test… That suggest that I should call the DSA… Can’t get hold of them due thier very limited hours of being open and the fact I can call them from work when they are open (also no mobile signal). This is delaying me from applying for jobs/work with agencies…

Should I be concerned that something is amiss or is has the driving STANDARDS agency just got POOR STANDARDS at process drivers tests and updating licences?

HOW LONG DID IT TAKE TO GET YOUR LICENCE UPDATED AND RETURNED?

This sounds quiet worrying I passed my class one on Monday.But as long as you have your certificate your ok.Ive still got my test paper

Check your driving licence online and see if LGV C has been put on - you will need your driver number, NI number and postcode
gov.uk/view-driving-licence

I passed class c 17 Sep and it took exactly 2 weeks till my license was returned. What I did start doing each day was checking my license online to see if it had been updated. It arrived 2 days after the online update.
Hopefully you won’t have to wait much longer.

Mines still away as well, passed Thurs 9th October and online not updated yet. Don’t forget they mean working days which is mon- fri to them. I’m expecting mine sometime next week all being well. As Rog says keep checking online and you’ll know it’s done.

I passed mine on the 13th of October and the examiner took mine.My licence has not been updated either on the system :frowning:

I didnt relay on them. I sent it my own and got it back in 8 or 9 days.

Give the DVLA a call they are very very helpful and would be able to let you know if it has been processed

My C took 4 weeks and CE 2 weeks to come back.
Give them a call and ask.

Just an update - checked online and cat C added today so I expect my licence back in next couple of days so all in all a fortnight to get back

dcgpx:
Just an update - checked online and cat C added today so I expect my licence back in next couple of days so all in all a fortnight to get back

Well within the standard 3 weeks turnaround time.

Lee1976:

dcgpx:

Well within the standard 3 weeks turnaround time.

I couldn’t hand over my licence at either test pass due to requiring it for the next test & then for the new equivalent (MPQC) of the EPIC card - I finally sent it on 27/9/14 & I’ve still not had it back, ive phoned the DVLA 3 times & the cat C & D both still show as unclaimed test passes on the online driving licence check. My last call to the DVLA was today & the pleasant helpful gentleman I spoke to, contacted some team or other & my ‘case’ (!) has been moved from priority 3 to priority 1 - all very frustrating & in my opinion a garbage service from the DVLA especially when the DVSA managed to send my DQC within 2 days of the 35 hours training being uploaded!

Regards

Andy.

dcgpx:

Hiya mate

Just wondering - where do you check online about your licence entitlements? I never knew there was some kind of online database that shows your entitlements, wouldn’t mind having a gander at it?

Cheers.

Click here :slight_smile:

DaveB68:
Click here :slight_smile:

Nice one, Dave. I never knew such a site existed!

Mine was added/issued yesterday, hopefully be here tomorrow! :slight_smile:

neilp1982:
Mine was added/issued yesterday, hopefully be here tomorrow! :slight_smile:

Have you got a start date Neil?

Paul :smiley:

Yes mate. Given me a start date of January 12th but hoping to get that moved forward by quite a bit.

To be fair I don’t think the difference between W&D and an Artic is that big, just need to allow a bit more room when turning the corner and a be a bit more greedy if need be.

Mine still hasn’t been sorted.It will be two weeks on Monday since passing my test :confused:

Hi Guys

Thanks for all the replies.

At long last my licence has turned up… What a farce as this really delays people trying to jump through all the hurdles to be fully qualified as a Hgv driver…

Still got the class 1 test to do and will have to wait yet more time for my licence to be returned again at that stage. Add the wait of waiting for my licence to return from class 1 as well when I pass it, with all the time spent from start to finish of appliying, medical, spurious delays at dvla and having classes added will take the whole process of dealing with the dvla to almost four/five months. Add that to the training time, waiting for training time availability (Class 1 booked up until mid January 2015) I would estimate the whole process will take 7/8 months.

And they wonder why there is a shortage of drivers…