LGV Test Routes

Hi all,

I’m new to this site and am currently getting ready to take my Class C test later this month at Swynnerton.

I notice that a lot of the older threads on here mention that the test routes are on the DSA site. Looking at some later articles though it seems that this information was removed in 2010 for smoe reason.

Does anyone know if this information is readily available anywhere else or is this information restricted now?

In particular I’m interested in the Swynnerton test routes, as I’m not very familiar with the surrounding area.

Any help would be gratefully recieved.

BTW - excellent site with lots of useful content which I’m sure I’ll be making use of in the coming months!

Thanks

Your instructor will more than likely cover the local routes with you.

Hi, yes the test routes have been removed from the public domain. But any good trainer will know the routes inside out so it’s a bit of a farce!!
I used to test at Swynnerton up to about 8 or 9 years ago. The routes are quite straightforward and feature the one way system at Stone and the one way system at Stafford. There is a fair amount of country lane driving and also dual carriageway on A34 past Stone. They used to touch on the outskirts of Stoke - near the Brittania Stadium.
Remember this information is several years old but they are very limited for routes at Swynnerton so I can’t imagine they’ve changed much.
Rely on your instructor to show you what you need to know. I wish you all the best with it. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Wouldnt worry about not knowing the area, i recently trained and tested in an area i didnt know and i found it easier than doing it somewhere familiar, possibly i paid more attention as it was an unknown area.
If your instructor is up to speed on the test routes you shouldnt have a problem.

The reason that the DSA give for removing the info to the routes is that a driver should be able to drive safely and competently anywhere at anytime
The driver will, after all, be doing just that possibly within hours of passing the test !!

Thanks all, that helps. Will see how it goes. Test booked for 26th Nov!

It definitely helped me training outside my local area. I was far more observant at the signs that I would probably have taken for granted in my own area.

Good luck

Hello again all,

Just thought i woudl share the news that i passed my Class C yesterday with 3 minors.

Thanks for the advice…

Will be moving on to C+E as soon as license comes back!

Cheers

bulsta

Really good score - well done. I’m sure there will be some fireworks along very soon.

Are you going to tell us who trained you? Pete :laughing: :laughing:

bulsta:
Hello again all,

Just thought i woudl share the news that i passed my Class C yesterday with 3 minors.

Thanks for the advice…

Will be moving on to C+E as soon as license comes back!

Cheers

bulsta

Same score as me there

Good stuff and i wish you good luck for C+E

bulsta:
i passed my Class C yesterday with 3 minors.

:smiley: :smiley: