Test Routes / C+E Training

Hey everybody.

I live in Bradford and passed my class 2 first time with Atkins in November. I have my class 1 booked for next week and was wondering if the test routes are the same for the rigid and artic?
I can remember most of them and wouldn’t mind having a run about to jog my memory prior to starting my lessons.
I will be taking my test at Steeton, West Yorkshire. The test areas for the rigid were Keighley and Skipton which I assume will be the same, but are the routes the same?

Can I also say a massive thank you to people that take the time and effort to put info and guidance on here to educate learners like myself, its really helpful and its much appreciated. I’ve lost count how many times i’ve googled for tips on training and found nothing, then I stumble across this site and its got everything you could possibly want in addition to lessons.

Thank you :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

John

I don’t know about your area but I did my C and CE in Mansfield and the training was around the same roads on both classes. I also encountered some of the same roads on both tests. Hope that helps a bit.
Alan

There are slight differences in the CE routes although generally they are the same. (Even round PSTT Territory :wink:)

Although they don’t publish test routes anymore your trainer would probably take you around most of them so you got to experience the different road conditions and local considerations for your test in that category…

Good Luck :wink:

The routes for CE are 10 minutes shorter. So some of the “frilly bits” are missed off the routes. Some routes are abandoned altogether as unsuitable. But much of many routes are used for both classes.

Hope this helps and all the best with the training and test, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I did my class 2 with Atkins several times from Steeton in 2004, you are correct Keighley, Thwaites/dalton lane etc, watch out for Skipton on market day its a bloody nightmare with pedestrians and mums with pushchairs diving off the pavement without looking, at every angle, just generally choc “a” block, watch out for old stone face himself if you get him ,the legendary examiner Mr David Crowley,very hard to please and expects nigh on perfection. :wink: Good luck.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

Can’t hurt to have a run about this week, just want to be as prepared as I can be. I’ve booked a week off work for the training and test and it would be difficult to fit another test around my silly working hours if I fail (which isn’t going to happen :smiley: ). I’m also lucky enough to have a job waiting for me when I pass with an old boss, so its extra pressure as I don’t want to let him down. He has been holding the job for me for a while now and as far as jumping out of a 3.5 ton van into an artic goes in the employment world…pfft slim chance if any. I consider myself very lucky to have this situation and feel for people who are struggling to find work.

I agree roadrunner, Skipton is a bloody nightmare on market day. So many weight restrictions to remember as well. If I remember correctly market day is Friday as well (test day :unamused: ).

Thanks again. :smiley:

roadrunner:
…watch out for old stone face himself if you get him…

I didn’t know ‘Old Stoneface Vimes’ had moved out of the City Watch into HGV work :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

There are parts of some routes round Steeton that are unsuitable for artics, as one trainee & examiner found out the week I did my class 2 :open_mouth: .

You might want to tell Atkins that Patrick Green TC will be open for business from the 30th March as Mr Grundy retires on that day :laughing: