LGV - Paid for me

I have another interview today with the training company but as far as I know it’s just for theory revision. Provisional should be in the post to me any time, then my assessment drive can start.

Provisional entitlement arrived in the post and new glasses picked up!

Picked up my new glasses this morning for driving, gosh what a difference. It’s staggering! Then got home to find the postie had been with my provisional for C/C1. Phoned training company to inform them, told me to go up Wednesday 9th and earliest possible assessment drive would be Tuesday 15th but this was dependant on a cancellation that they’re waiting to hear word on.

Will continue to update you as I know it.

Its all coming together for you Sam

Well Done and keep at it.

Ok so some of you might know I was looking for ways to fund my LGV course.

Thanks to a nice chap on here (won’t mention his name in case he wishes to stay anon… but feel free to post in here mate if you like.) he directed me in the right direction and now the Job Centre are going to fund my LGV course. I have an appointment on Friday to fill out paperwork and get started. I’ll be doing a diary and possibly even vLogs. :slight_smile:

Sam

:smiley: pleased to help ya buddy :wink: look forward to watching your progress

got my mod 2 tommorow :confused: hopeefully its ok lol

You’ve got the ball rolling now :wink: , good for you . How long will it take to process your paperwork before you can actualy book your course ? Look forward to reading your dairy :smiley:

bonnie lass:
You’ve got the ball rolling now :wink: , good for you . How long will it take to process your paperwork before you can actualy book your course ? Look forward to reading your dairy :smiley:

Your guesses are as good as mine really but hopefully not too long.

Sam :slight_smile:

Congrats mate, be sure to keep us informed will be good to see the blogs. I’m still to get through my car license yet :laughing: :laughing: Parents only wanted me to get my provisional for ID to take me out for my 18th, they was a bit ■■■■■■ off when I never got ID’d round town! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: But that will be getting sorted out over the next year or so while I’m at college :smiley: :smiley:

Good luck in getting the funding, and hope all goes well with the LGV training :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

Well done on getting the ball rolling and hope it wont be too long before your training
good luck

Jen x

Hi glad to here you got it sorted Sam … now the waiting starts mate as it will get passed on to a manager for approval and then to another senier manager then it will go out to tender (even though they had a quote) also be prepared to travel as i have ended up over 40 mile away I applied in Feb and started my training in may on an L.V.P the best advice i can give you now mate is to wait a week after you have filled all the forms in then start checking with them every day to see how its progressing it may be different in your area but I had to put a quote in FROM A REPUTABLE TRAINER … :laughing: I got a quote from a trianer who does a gaurenteed pass … Good job i did . but they picked a trainer who tendered for the job and who charges extra if you fail . I failed 1 st cat C . but because of the quote I had put in they honered a re-test and have just did the same with my CE …I got the CE re-test confirmed yesterday and am still waiting for the trainer that they picked to get back to me with a date but thats not unusual .
I hope all goes well for you and if asked for a quote get one from a trainer who has a gaurenteed pass course ( very important ) … Best of luck Sam and keep us posted :laughing:

YAMBOL57:
Hi glad to here you got it sorted Sam … now the waiting starts mate as it will get passed on to a manager for approval and then to another senier manager then it will go out to tender (even though they had a quote) also be prepared to travel as i have ended up over 40 mile away I applied in Feb and started my training in may on an L.V.P the best advice i can give you now mate is to wait a week after you have filled all the forms in then start checking with them every day to see how its progressing it may be different in your area but I had to put a quote in FROM A REPUTABLE TRAINER … :laughing: I got a quote from a trianer who does a gaurenteed pass … Good job i did . but they picked a trainer who tendered for the job and who charges extra if you fail . I failed 1 st cat C . but because of the quote I had put in they honered a re-test and have just did the same with my CE …I got the CE re-test confirmed yesterday and am still waiting for the trainer that they picked to get back to me with a date but thats not unusual .
I hope all goes well for you and if asked for a quote get one from a trainer who has a gaurenteed pass course ( very important ) … Best of luck Sam and keep us posted :laughing:

Thanks guys.

Jim Mair training depot is literally around the corner from me. I’ve been on Job Seekers for 2 weeks now and they’ve basically said if I don’t have a job for October then they would refer me so this has pleased them that I’ve got a letter of intent so hopefully they won’t 'ang around and get me through it asap.

sam your on a winner dude , wish it was me costing me fortune … :laughing:

Sam Millar:

YAMBOL57:

Thanks guys.

Jim Mair training depot is literally around the corner from me. I’ve been on Job Seekers for 2 weeks now and they’ve basically said if I don’t have a job for October then they would refer me so this has pleased them that I’ve got a letter of intent so hopefully they won’t 'ang around and get me through it asap.

hold on a minute, youve been on the dole 2 weeks and they are funding your hgv? what the actual F

i tried to get mine funded for me and i was told they dont fund your licence.

this country is {zb}

Lets see it happens first :wink:

:laughing: it always the same hahaha

I didnt think the job centre funded hgv anymore?

Pointless replies like “i’ll see it when i believe it” and things along those lines are pathetic.

Got an appointment tomorrow to fill out paperwork.

It’s a bit hard to believe a kid who’s just went on the dole is getting his hgv paid in full for him.

I know people who have been on the dole for longer who asked about funding for a course that’s next to nothing compared to a hgv licence and they were garunteed a job at the end and were turned down

gogzy:
It’s a bit hard to believe a kid who’s just went on the dole is getting his hgv paid in full for him.

I know people who have been on the dole for longer who asked about funding for a course that’s next to nothing compared to a hgv licence and they were garunteed a job at the end and were turned down

Sorry, I don’t appreciate being referred to as a ‘kid’.

I’ve not been guaranteed a job. The deal was that the Job Centre would fund my course if I can get a letter or someone to say that they will employ me. This lead to me getting a letter from an agency who said to the job centre that they would fit me with temporary work whenever possible. If this is enough for the Job Centre and the Driving Company then it’s certainly enough for me.

I hate getting the impression people look down on me because I’m on benefits and are having things paid for me. :imp:

Sam Millar:
Probably because it’s LGV now. :wink:

That aside, pointless replies like “i’ll see it when i believe it” and things along those lines are pathetic.

Got an appointment tomorrow to fill out paperwork.

Steady on, your on your arse paid for by most of us on this forum. Your now telling us that your wanting to spend more of our money on driving lessons. We all had to work hard and pay for our own course, why are you any different? Typical britain, if you go to work, the goverment rob you for all your worth, sit at home and they treat you like kings.