LEZ 2012

This might be useful to those running older trucks. Does anyone know the costs involved in fitting and certifying a filter as mentioned here?

tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/lez/17701.aspx

£5-6k was the ballpark figure for a Euro 3 truck I believe. Not sure if the cost increased for Euro 2 etc.

I’ve just started looking at conversion costs myself (based S.London) and the TFL website is probably the first place to check. It will give you a list of about 6 approved fitment suppliers and from those that i’ve spoken to, depending on your vehicle FH16’s figure of about 5-6k is about the best it’s going to get. That’s before the big rush this coming December when everyone decides to go for it and the prices treble :open_mouth:

'Kin hell! What do they do? Think of a number and add a zero?

Something like that. By the sound of it all your getting is a new exhaust too :imp: :imp: :imp:

And don’t be tempted to get it done by somebody who’s not on the ‘Approved List’ as TFL will not accept this.

The best bit of all, when you read it through, it says that once your vehicle has been converted by an ‘Approved Centre’ you have to take your vehicle to vosa for the RPC or LEC test. To quote TFL “If your vehicle passes, the certificate will be issued.” " Er, hang on" I said to someone on the helpline, you mean to tell me that I spend nearly 6 grand on a system with a company that YOU’VE approved, then say ‘If it passes.’ “Yes thats right, the vehicle still has to undergo the test at vosa and the certificate is not a given.”

It’s enough to make you need a drink :imp: :imp: :imp:

I’m gonna send you a PM Mr Happy give you a bit of LEZ info.

I’ve tried to PM you Mr Happy dunno if it went or not :question:

Can i have pm fly sheet,
i’m in the same boat :blush:

Cheers danman

Thanks Flysheet, nothing thru as yet, I only registered recently and i’m getting to grips with it slowly, I have received pm’s on it though. Thats not to say i’m not doing something wrong. To say computers are not my strong point is understating it slightly :confused: :blush:

I’ll try again in half an hour :arrow_right:

Hi 5 to 6k are gaffer has got a place sorting a euro3 daf cf for the LEZ and hes getting it for 3k.

Fly sheet, didn’t receive anything yet, i’ve tried to pm you to see if that works.I’d like to blame the computer but it’s probably me :blush:

Cheers fly sheet

Good Lad :sunglasses:

danman

Just booked my2006 XF95 480 in with Eminox at a cost of £4000 BUT i get a £500 a year road tax discount !!!

robdorling:
Just booked my2006 XF95 480 in with Eminox at a cost of £4000 BUT i get a £500 a year road tax discount !!!

Happy days rob you’ll have your money back in 8 years :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Are you sure it won’t pass an LEZ test anyway, all FH12’s would pass for there nox count up untill now :question:
I think I’d try it before you fork out all that money.

fly sheet:

Tag me on as well Mr Sheet! :wink:

I’ve started the ball rolling on this in as much as consulting the TfL website and contacting the agent.
So far, not impressed. Circa £6k each!

robdorling:

Rob, I thought you only got the £500 VED discount for Euro 5, or is this not the case?

fly sheet:

Can i have a PM please, my Dad wants some info.

I spoke to Volvo Technical at warwick today, they seem to think that The LEZ this time around will go on age of truck not emmissions like before, well thats what it sounded like to me & as I have an August 06 motor I’m ■■■■■■. They said there legal team are on it with Boris’s crew & to expect news from your local dealers regarding the outcome.

I rang my local dealer who knew SFA about next January which is refreshing is’nt it :open_mouth: no ■■■■■ :grimacing: They put me on to new vehicles in Chorley who got a bloke to ring me from Preston who seemed pretty clued in with everything until it came to price, anyways for any of you that I PM’d saying what I have done, believe me it works but its not going to change your registration is it :unamused: So apologies for this I was convinced It would be the same as before but it seems not & I’m a ■■■■ for shooting off over it, I’ll post on here when Volvos come back with a price. I think its a scam & if I had a lorry with AD-Blue I’d be going to shoot whoever convinced me to buy something with that fitted as it seems a new silencer box turns your euro 3 to a euro 4 without the need for pig ■■■■, what a ■■■■■■■ con the whole thing is.

if you brought a truck with ad blue it would be no less than a euro 4 anyway!
06 was the end of euro 3 on a volvo, but i do agree this lez crap is just another tax, i only go to the poxy place about 6/7 times a year now and wont be spending 6 grand for that! i dont think the [zb] hole is worth the bother what we need is a big yard down the m1 to unload and say sod them ,1 more point to think about is the fuel and peformance issue as it is said these reto fit jobs arnt going to be the best this was the case a few years ago when a well known stainless stack firm were fitting particle traps in order for some makes of truck to get the rpc certificate merc for 1 was crap on fuel and low on power
i know of 2 firms that had issues so took them off yet the trucks went trough the rpc gas test every year after with straight through stacks,so this shows what a load of crap it is
moose

moose1:
if you brought a truck with ad blue it would be no less than a euro 4 anyway!
06 was the end of euro 3 on a volvo, but i do agree this lez crap is just another tax, i only go to the poxy place about 6/7 times a year now and wont be spending 6 grand for that! i dont think the [zb] hole is worth the bother what we need is a big yard down the m1 to unload and say sod them ,1 more point to think about is the fuel and peformance issue as it is said these reto fit jobs arnt going to be the best this was the case a few years ago when a well known stainless stack firm were fitting particle traps in order for some makes of truck to get the rpc certificate merc for 1 was crap on fuel and low on power
i know of 2 firms that had issues so took them off yet the trucks went trough the rpc gas test every year after with straight through stacks,so this shows what a load of crap it is
moose

Isn’t this exactly what the new exhaust section is though? AIUI it’s just a DPF. ie. that same piece of [zb] that is causing absolute misery for so many diesel car drivers.