Lesson for today

Well I get to a drop and I was behind an arctic. He turns around and heads back out to go around the back. Well I pulled on to a bay and handed my paperwork in and waited for him to be tipped first. I was then called in and told that I am going to be tipped. I laughed and went “You tipped that lorry quick” she replied “He can wait with that attitude, talk to me like ■■■■” I felt bad but I wanted the pallets off so I was able to get to the next one before they closed.

So, talk nicely and play the game with them then your fine. Talk to them like ■■■■ and they will soon pay you back in one way or another.

Something I have learnt today

I must admit i learnt that a long time ago. :wink:

I don’t hardly talk to them as it will only get me in to ■■■■ because half of them are rude and have bad attitudes.

But I do tend to play the game now though. Smile like a fat pig and go in and chat nicely but when leaving ■■■■ like a trooper

Been on a bay at Next at Armthorpe for nearly 8hours now, I must of ■■■■■■ somebody right off :laughing: :angry: :neutral_face:

PremiumTrucker:
Been on a bay at Next at Armthorpe for nearly 8hours now, I must of ■■■■■■ somebody right off :laughing: :angry: :neutral_face:

Get the chalk ready. You must be bored ■■■■■■■■

PremiumTrucker:

Another hour you can go again :grimacing:

mickyblue:

PremiumTrucker:

Get the chalk ready. You must be bored [zb]

Yep, lost the will too live at 4hours. Only so much sleeping and iPad’ing a man can do ! :angry:

I’ve been polite and keep asking for updates but all I get is, “it’s handball driver and the boxes are heavy”.

■■■■■■■ great .

Thetaff2:

PremiumTrucker:

Another hour you can go again :grimacing:

:smiley: :slight_smile:

Yep you catch more flies with sugar than vinegar, play nice just in case the bloke before has been a right a-hole.
Its not personal only business.
Course if some jumped up sod wants to make it personal then I will take it to the extreme, i.e. come and say it to me outside the gates or STFU.

Also if taken up on the challenge ask for a witness and say ‘are you sure you want to do this’ and explain how you have to ask this question due to martial arts training.

If at this point your bluff is called be prepared to run away :blush:

I got to Smith & Nephew’s, Hull, today 2 & a half hours early, just wondered over & let them know that I was there, & they very kindly unloaded me. Left 2 hours before my booking time. :smiley:

Its all about attitude, be friendly & have a laugh with the staff & don’t seem to be in a hurry & they usually help me out. :wink:

RDC’s are a different story though, although if you show patience & couldn’t care how long it takes attitude, it does seem to work (sometimes !) :unamused:

PremiumTrucker:
I’ve been polite and keep asking for updates but all I get is, “it’s handball driver and the boxes are heavy”.

[zb] great .

Wow 8 hours are you sure you have opened your doors.

Have you tried the old:
“Would you like me too help, I’m doing nothing”

Possible reply:
“Thanks but sorry you have to be inducted, insurance, H & S and usual knitting club BS”.

Dipper_Dave:

PremiumTrucker:

[zb] great .

Wow 8 hours are you sure you have opened your doors.

Have you tried the old:
“Would you like me too help, I’m doing nothing”

Possible reply:
“Thanks but sorry you have to be inducted, insurance, H & S and usual knitting club BS”.

It’s usually 4-5hr handball job, but this is plain stupid. How can it take anybody 9hrs to tip a 40ft container . I’m the only one here too.

Security keep coming round to make sure Im still alive

mickyblue:
Well I get to a drop and I was behind an arctic.

You must have been cold.

and tired

bit like me today.
turned up at one site today. looked at paperwork and due date for drop is 17/10 on a 830/900 slot.

i just apologized and said see you weds. to be told to wait 5 whilst the forks has his smoke. then he’ll take the pallet off!

makes a change normally have to bribe him with ■■■■ :unamused:

mickyblue:
So, talk nicely and play the game with them then your fine. Talk to them like [zb] and they will soon pay you back in one way or another.

Something I have learnt today

You’re a slow learner then? Most of us learnt basic social skills at primary school. :unamused:

You should always tell the person behind the desk how beautiful their eyes are.

He will then get you tipped straight away.

Dieseldoforme:
You should always tell the person behind the desk how beautiful their eyes are.

He will then get you tipped straight away.

Once had a 10 hour tip at TK Maxx at Whitwood :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

philberg182:
Once had a 10 hour tip at TK Maxx at Whitwood :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Crazy isn’t it ?

Had a 9 hour tip TK at Walsall a few years back,was supposed to go to Stoke after,but it got binned and headed back to the depot at London Colney.