Lesson for today

I had a tip at Boots Thursday evening. Booked in for 1930…Was outta there 1940. BOOM! :sunglasses:

I used to deliver a lot of stuff to Argos, mostly full trailers of loose ironing boards, stacked up front to back. These were handball off and took a minimum of eight hours to unload. Personally, I loved it: I’d drive to the RDC, back onto a bay, hand in paperwork and go back to bed for four or five hours. Then maybe walk up to the canteen for some lunch, then read my book for a bit, then perhaps noodle about on my guitar. Then someone would bang on the cab door with my paperwork and I’d go home again. That was a great job.

At the big Rdc’s the Eastern European goods in staff are pretty girls and always pokite and cheerful.
When on containers i gave them my mobile number and get out on my bike fir a six hour hand ball load.
One tip was 12 miles north of London so biked in to the city centre to see my brothers other half.
I say good morning.How are you today.It works miracles and you get done fast.
Some drivers have a bad attitude piping up they are out of time and must be tipped in half an hour and can not communicate without swearing and being loud and aggresive then wonder why they are stuck for hours.

ADR 1:

Dieseldoforme:
You should always tell the person behind the desk how beautiful their eyes are.

He will then get you tipped straight away.

Jesus wept adr1, that piccie is going to give me nightmares :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

PremiumTrucker:
Been on a bay at Next at Armthorpe for nearly 8hours now, I must of ■■■■■■ somebody right off :laughing: :angry: :neutral_face:

They havent got any better then :wink: , once went in there at 2pm, they opened the doors fairly promptly and put the blocker on and all that sort off stuff, anyway as my time was up at at 6pm it had been arranged for the box to be dropped on the bay, so at 530pm after having a shower I dropped the trailer and went to park outside, all they had said was that the bay must be free for 6am. So at about 330am I go back in to collect my trailer and empty box, correction still part loaded box, I eventualy left at 530am or there abouts. so a good 15 hours to tip, the night shift forman reckoned the afternoon shift had just put the box on and left most of it for the next shift :unamused: