Legal night time hours

Having a google it would appear if you work between 00.00 - 04.00 the maximum shift is by law 11hrs

But according to my boss this can be opted out of ?

So whats the point of the law if you can opt out ?

Drivers hours

dft.gov.uk/vosa/repository/R … Europe.pdf

Yep you can opt out & think it is 10 hr

if night work is performed, working time must not exceed 10 hours in any 24-hour
period. Night time is the period between 00.00 and 04.00 for goods vehicles and between 01.00
and 05.00 for passenger vehicles. The 10-hour limit may be exceeded if this is permitted under a
collective or workforce agreement.

thetastytrucker:
if night work is performed, working time must not exceed 10 hours in any 24-hour
period. Night time is the period between 00.00 and 04.00 for goods vehicles and between 01.00
and 05.00 for passenger vehicles. The 10-hour limit may be exceeded if this is permitted under a
collective or workforce agreement.

Remember this is working time. Any breaks or POA don’t count towards this total so your shift could be a lot longer!

We do a max 12 hour shift for anyone who’s hours fall between 00.00 & 04.00 and personally I think this is a good idea.

I didn’t think you could opt out anymore ■■?

truckertang:

Yes you can it has to be a collective workforce agreement though.

bald bloke:

truckertang:

Who collects the agreement ?

How many night drivers actually, or need to, work and drive for more than 10 hours (excludes breaks and POA) ?

ROG:
How many night drivers actually, or need to, work and drive for more than 10 hours (excludes breaks and POA) ?

Hopefully none of them.Then again how many drivers of puddle jumpers actually realise they can’t do the same hours per day as someone on a tacho? Not many I’ll bet.

What we are talking about in the post are two different sets of rules, Working Time Derective and EU Driving regs When I do my once a week night shift ten hours duty limit would leave me 60 miles short of home miminum but I never go over 7 hours driving. A pallet here, two there, pick four up from this place and drop 12 at that one, all hanging about but I’m lucky to clock more than an hour behind the wheel between delivery/collection points.

thetastytrucker:

bald bloke:

truckertang:

Who collects the agreement ?

The Borg.

Gouls:

ROG:

Hopefully none of them.Then again how many drivers of puddle jumpers actually realise they can’t do the same hours per day as someone on a tacho? Not many I’ll bet.

What we are talking about in the post are two different sets of rules, Working Time Derective and EU Driving regs When I do my once a week night shift ten hours duty limit would leave me 60 miles short of home miminum but I never go over 7 hours driving. A pallet here, two there, pick four up from this place and drop 12 at that one, all hanging about but I’m lucky to clock more than an hour behind the wheel between delivery/collection points.

The 10 hours is not duty limit time but work+drive time

If I refuse to sign up to a collective workforce agreement but the rest of the workforce agrees to it does that mean I would have to work more than 10 hours because majority agrees or would I be the only person working 10 hours?

All theoretical of course, night time is for sleeping :smiley:

Well your be the one knocking your overtime on the head personally bring it on

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

When I worked at 3663 I was given a load if paperwork to read and sign. I had my contract and various company policies.

I also had a form which declared me opting out of some WTD guidelines.

I just signed it and got on with my job, I don’t know what would have been said/done if I refused.

I know a few firms where its in the contract of employment
By accepting the job you agree to the collective work agreement that is in place

This is only wtd u can opt put of

night shift you can work the same as a day man 15 hours or 13 hour up to you

pigpen:
night shift you can work the same as a day man 15 hours or 13 hour up to you

Legally it’s not up-to you because you can only go over 10 hours working time if there’s an opt-out agreement in place.

if God wanted us to work nights he would have called it day

LR18-8:
When I worked at 3663

Are 3663 still going or did bidvest buy them ? Also i have heard its hard hard work ?